Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3wishes14

Third time on accutane (!) - a log

Posted
On 2/10/2019 at 6:13 PM, acneruinsmylife said:

@ajaxz @3wishes14 I have a question to ask since we are all on our 2nd or 3rd round. First, what sex are you? I am female. Second, what regimen did you use on your skin AFTER accutane? What cleanser, any exfoliation, any masks, what moisturizer, did you put anything else on your face or change your diet? I am wondering if our acne came back because we weren't cleaning our skin the way we are supposed to for acne prone skin. Maybe some people just need several rounds, maybe its sex-related, maybe some people need higher doses or micro doses, maybe a diet is required in addition, or maybe we need to care for our skin differently?

After my first round I continued using cetaphil thick moisturizer and gentle cleanser, every morning and night. I also used a CVS brand simple exfoliation scrub maybe twice a week. I also used epiduo as tiny spot treatment. Isn't this all that clear skin people use? I thought that was all I needed since I was then a clear skin person. But, maybe I should have done some crazy complicated mask every other night? Maybe I should have gone to a spa and had them do some crazy pore opener and cleanser once a month or something? After accutane I was so afraid to try something new for fear of causing more breakouts. I can't decide if I wasn't cleaning well enough or if I was being too harsh and caused irritation and more breakouts.

I really want/need this to be my last round of accutane. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

oh I also didn't wear a lot of makeup at first then wore it on weekends then wore it more often when I started relapsing. Is makeup the issue???

I’m female. 

Hm hard for me to answer the rest, as I can’t remember what my regimes were like after coming off accutane both times! Also my relapses were both very gradual and so not triggered by anything I don’t think. 

To be honest, accutane is such an intensive treatment, that for us multiple timers, I don’t think products/not using the right products wouldn’t have helped people like us. I think our issue is likely to be internal issues like hormones or food related issues you know?

Makeup definitely isn’t my issue. My skin was so good in 2017 and early 2018 I didn’t even bother wearing makeup and still relapsed.

Day 18

New side effect this morning - dry eyes. They were red and sore, and people at work actually noticed and asked if I’d been crying!

Also noticed some joint pain around groin - no idea why.

Also had small amount of blood in nostril today. 

Last night a really horrible pimple started brewing on my left cheek. I was hoping my cheek purging was done :( it had come to a full on whitehead by the time id returned home today, so I just squeezed it! Will BP up before bed tonight. 

Posted (edited)
On 2/11/2019 at 2:44 AM, ajaxz said:

I am male.

After my second round i was using salycilic acid + benzoil peroxide(clyndoxil), no moisturizer, i had few pimples here and there ocasionally they didnt bother. But after like 2 years in this regimen my skin start to become very dry. Its when the acne started to get out of control.
i started to get irritation from salycilica acid + benzoil peroxide, so i started to use a jojoba oil moisturizer and wasnt enough. 
i stopped the salycilic acid, then my skin start to get worse and worse because they were working for my clogged pores. But i couldnt come back because irritation was breaking me out to. so i give a break of everything. and was just using moisturizer, then i was experiencing some sort of cystic acne, its when i realize the battle was lost, then jumped to accutane again. 
I will follow this topic, since i started to use basically at the same time of the OP, and will eventually share my results

Really interested to keep track of your progress too ajaxz!

Day 19

Right cheek feels really nice and smooth today and looks a lot less red. Definitely a good skin day for my right cheek at least. Spot from yesterday on left cheek is flattening.

Side effects... I’m extremely tired today despite getting my 8 hours sleep. My joint pain is still bad around pelvis.

Edited by 3wishes14

Posted

Also started accutane on jan 21, i'll keep up with your journey. Wishing us both good luck

Posted
1 hour ago, ydaniels said:

Also started accutane on jan 21, i'll keep up with your journey. Wishing us both good luck

Great, thanks ydaniels. Keep me posted with your progress please!

Posted (edited)

Day 20

We are in the 20’s!

Had a full on nosebleed when I woke up this morning. Aside from dry lips and some dry skin on top of right hand, all other side effects have come and gone.

Spot wise - I’ve had a few things pop up (not from closed comedones) on parts of my face I don’t usually get acne, such as chin and forehead.  Nothing major. 

Acne on cheeks continues to flatten.

Still have hundreds of closed comedones on jaw that aren’t progressing, although they were really itchy yesterday evening..!?

EDIT - urgh MORE cheek purging! It’s the evening now, and I’ve had another spot come up (from a closed comedone) on my left cheek again! I feel like every single cc is having to  come to the surface, rather than just disappear 

Edited by 3wishes14

Posted

Day 21 

Three weeks!

Left cheek back on track. Right cheek continues to look really good. No active spots there and redness seems to be fading. 

Overall, I could be imagining this, but my face seems more bareable to look at in the mirror then it was when I was on antibiotics...? I’m not sure why, because I see such little progress with closed comedones. Anyway, I’m not complaining.

Lips are worst they’ve been today. Constantly peeling and red. 

Rung for blood test results yesterday and apparently my hormones are normal... :/

Posted (edited)

Day 22

Bad skin day. Had a whitehead pop up yesterday on bit under nose but above lip. I hate getting spots there!

I went to town on my closed comedones yesterday. I know it’s bad, but I feel like unless I squeeze them, no progress is made. Sure enough, about four of them on my left side jaw have become inflamed and painful today :( my own fault. 

Blackheads on nose are definitely getting closer to the surface and purging! I keep thinking I’m wiping dry skin away until I lean closer and notice it’s “stuff” purging! 

Nothing else to report. Oh, forgot to mention I had another minor nose bleed yesterday morning

Edited by 3wishes14

Posted (edited)

Day 24

Im still suffering from the squeezing on the left hand side of my face the other day, I’ve had about 4 nasty inflamed spots as a result, around jaw/chin, but I think I’m over the worst of it now. Right side of my face is looking the best it’s looked in AGES! Flat and no actives (apart from weird bumps along jaw).

Ive had a LOT of movement this weekend in terms of blackheads. Gunk continues to fall out the sides of my nose. Blackheads on my nose are getting closer to the top so my nose looks like a strawberry. My pores down the side of my nose and cheeks are filling up with blackheads so will hopefully shrink once they’ve emptied? I’ve also noticed my chest feeling very textured with blackheads as if it’s purging (I never get whiteheads in this area, just blackheads).

Side effects are the same. Lips are still so bad! Everything else manageable. 

Bring on the one month mark!

Edited by 3wishes14