Notifications
Clear all

Seeking advice on scars

MemberMember
(@tastee)

Posted : 01/27/2019 12:57 am

Hey guys! I™d like some input on what I can do to help my scars now that I™m off Accutane. I think at this level of scarring I can achieve a very substantial improvement.

I™m pretty sure subscision is a must in my case but what else do you guys think would help?  Lasers? TCA cross? I am half Asian.

14FC7C3A-435C-4D71-A251-09BE5A5F37E1.jpeg

F8D27BB1-04AC-4326-A50D-5E6CA9D65A8E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kpoplove)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:14 am

Your scars are nothing. Just live your life!

MemberMember
(@tastee)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:43 am

28 minutes ago, KpopLove said:

Your scars are nothing. Just live your life!

Thanx for the response but I am interested in discussing avenues for improvement.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/27/2019 11:32 am

@TasteeThank you for your patience and the pics. Exactly what I need directional lighting to see shadows.

You say your off Accutane, most Dr's want you to wait at least 6 months after tane for treatment. The reason being the skin is very fragile and will heal/improve some over the next year.

You do have mild to medium textural scarring. Mainly box cars and some ice picks. No fat loss.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Tastee liked
MemberMember
(@tastee)

Posted : 01/28/2019 2:05 am

@beautifulambition

Thank you BA!! You are a legend!! Im so glad you responded

Ive been looking at the official acne scars thread and Im unsure, in my case should I be doing the Chinese cupping method after subcision?

Thinking of visiting dr rullan once the waiting period is up... out of state but doable since my bf lives in the area.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/28/2019 9:39 am

@TasteeYou can do Chinese Cupping from Amazon or even use a microdermabrasion battery operated device from Amazon. It can cause bruising, is sometimes unpredictable and best if done for a month after. Worth a try if your willing to save some money, but if it does not work many do filler. You have shallow scars so yes you can do"light" chinese cupping, nothing too aggressive and that is worth a try!

Rullan is great for manual stuff, he just does not do energy devices the best but you can do that anywhere if you need them including med spas and local derms.

Tastee liked
MemberMember
(@tastee)

Posted : 02/13/2019 9:14 pm

@beautifulambition

Hi BA,

Thank you for the advice. Ive started a Retin-A 1% microspheres.

My last dose of accutane was November (2 - 3 months ago.) Just to confirm, should I start the Derminator right away or wait ~6 months (owndoc instructions say start needling 6 months after accutane, but are they being overly conservative?)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2019 10:39 am

@TasteeYou can do it 3 months out. Just don't go too deeply .5mm to .75mm or hard on the skin, ... only on the scars, ... be aware of your skin healing capabilities, ... test it on one scar first. The skin is more fragile after Accutane and can take longer to heal. 24-hrs after needling you can use products. You heal for about a year after Accutane, 6 months is when they feel they can reasonably treat you. They take on liability by doing so. Everyone is different and their ability to heal.