Notifications
Clear all

Need advice; my "accutane" journey

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 01/26/2019 7:07 pm

Finally, after 9 years of hair/beard/face acne and antibiotics/creams, I'm finally going on accutane in a couple days avec my blood work.

For info, I'm 25, 6'', 185 pounds or around 83kg.

My derm was amazing, we followed all the steps, tried all the creams and antibio, nothing really worked or fixed the issues. I have alot of painful  "hair acne" on my beard, hair and normal acne on my face.

Anyway, I'm writing today to seek advice. 

1) she wants me to do 60mg (40+20, both pills in the morning), once a day. I red alot about alternative and lower working dosage and was wondering if I could just start with 20mg for a couple days and maybe do 40mg and never go up to 60? I know it's cumulative dosage that matters I jist want to minimize the side effects. My acne is good but not severe.

2) I'm a healthy eater for the most part and I workout too. I take multivitamins, fish oil, curcuma, supplements, etc. I know we can't take any more vitamin A, but is there a supplement or herb regiment I should follow? Is there any supplement I should take to boost my course or help me with  the  side  effects? 

I will be posting here updates, thx so much for reading and the answers :)

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 01/26/2019 10:43 pm

You can do a lower dosage for sure, though the course will be longer, obviously. I'm on 40mg (20mg twice a day) and the side effects are pretty bearable for the most part. In fact, I've been thinking about upping it up next month to finish the whole thing earlier. Just try 60mg for a month and a half, see how it goes. You can always lower the dosage later on.

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 01/27/2019 12:23 pm

13 hours ago, Will_from_Barcelona said:

You can do a lower dosage for sure, though the course will be longer, obviously. I'm on 40mg (20mg twice a day) and the side effects are pretty bearable for the most part. In fact, I've been thinking about upping it up next month to finish the whole thing earlier. Just try 60mg for a month and a half, see how it goes. You can always lower the dosage later on.

Thanks for the answer. I will start on 20 for a couple days and stay on 40 see how it goes. Maybe eventually up to the recommended 60. I know I'm going "against" my derm will but i feel it'll be easier on me.

Any supps suggestions

Thx

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 01/31/2019 10:00 pm

Third day. Only took 10mg a day so far. Call me stupid but I prefer taking it slowly first few days and building up so my body can adapt.

Will keep posting with picture

Cheers

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:43 am

One week on 40mg

Abit achy at the gym, abit dry in the face/lips, very tolerable

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 02/19/2019 11:24 am

3 weeks 50mg

Dry skin, less pimple, less acne on scalp and beard