Notifications
Clear all

Help What can I do?

MemberMember
(@esmerelda88)

Posted : 01/26/2019 4:22 pm

I have had acne now since I was 14, I™m 30 now! Iv tried every antibiotic they never work. I have used every topical cream they don™t work. My face is sore n bumpy with white heads all on my face and neck. I don™t want to go on roacutane I™m scared of the side effects and because I am an anxious person my dermatologist doesn™t advise it either for me. I™m stuck! I can™t live with acne like this I won™t leave the house. Please any advice!! I™m using African soap to wash my face and avene water spray as a toner both super mild for my skin. What are my options now?? Feel like I™m stuck with this acne and it™s getting worse! 🙁 

35EFCA4C-D629-4E06-B4CB-562971517DCF.jpeg

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 01/26/2019 10:32 pm

If literally nothing else works, you should give accutane a shot. There's a lot of horror stories out there, and a lot of misinformation as well. You shouldn't trust everything you read on the internet. It's definitely an emotionally draining journey though, you'll definitely need to muster up all the mental strength you can to endure it. What specific side effects do you fear?

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 01/26/2019 10:35 pm

There are a lot of products you can use, which ones have you tried?

There's salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, AHA, centella, argan oil just to name a few.

You can try cutting back on dairy, sugar, gluten if you consume them excessively.

MemberMember
(@a91)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:06 pm

Hey Esmerelda,

The only thing that has worked for me so far is Chinese Medicine. I

It's very expensive but I would highly recommend it. I was also sceptical at first but I gave it a shot.

If you are in London I would highly highly recommend Dr Lily at Acumedic in Camden. If not, google TCM (traditional chinese medicine- dermatology) wherever you are in the world.

I also stopped using all oil-targetting facewashes and harsh chemicalsand started using gentle soaps to wash my face- non foaming, very important! I use CeraVe Nonfoaming hydrating cleanser. Check out Caroline Hirons, the dermatologist that writes about not disturbing the natural PH balance of you skin.

Good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@whitecloud)

Posted : 01/27/2019 8:03 pm

Have you tried Glycolic Acid? I had spots that developed under the skin and the only thing that helped was Avene Clenance K. That is now discontinued but the main ingredients were Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid. The acne.org regime has also helped me clear my skin completely so that might be worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

zsacream liked
MemberMember
(@onemanwarrior34)

Posted : 01/28/2019 9:25 pm

I say this a lot in my posts, but I try sharing what worked for me and that was giving up dairy. I grew bad acne cysts in and once I stopped dairy things really improved for me. I'm in my my 30s too and am going on 1 year and 3 months with no acne cysts that inflamed my skin. This worked for me and maybe this can work for you too. Stay positive! Things always get better!

MemberMember
(@brundagebaby)

Posted : 01/29/2019 8:57 pm

Well I have been down the prescription route too. Roacutane is the worst and the sie effects I still feel after 3 years off of it. I was pretty nervous to ever start it on the first place because I heard it causes depression and all that. Plus all the other prescription stuff is evil too. Even the topical prescribed stuff caused such dryness I had a hard time keep my eyes open, they were so dry and scratchy. Tried R&F, Proactive, Mario B and then all the drug store stuff too. I thought Benzoyl didn't work on my skin but then I heard (on here I think) about this product called Ninja Skincare. Check it out. Pretty well priced, over the top customer service and shockingly, products that work. The benzoyl 10% that I had *thought* I tried from the drug store was like so different than that stuff.this 10% worked within days, my breakout dried up and I would say wihtin a month, the breakout itself was nearly gone. Within 3 months, I was getting no new pimples at all. I did have to add in some salicylic acid to my mix about a month in to get rid of the blackhead on my nose and chin but I am happy to say I have foudn my perfect product and will search no more!

MemberMember
(@zsacream)

Posted : 01/29/2019 11:52 pm

You can try Aloe Vera it Moisturize your skin. Wash your face twice a day, in the morning and evening.

MemberMember
(@esmerelda88)

Posted : 02/17/2019 5:45 pm

On 1/27/2019 at 3:32 AM, Will_from_Barcelona said:

If literally nothing else works, you should give accutane a shot. There's a lot of horror stories out there, and a lot of misinformation as well. You shouldn't trust everything you read on the internet. It's definitely an emotionally draining journey though, you'll definitely need to muster up all the mental strength you can to endure it. What specific side effects do you fear?

Scared of feeling even more anxious or depressed on it. Then the side effects such as hair loss. Or my skin getting even worse before it gets better.