Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
genie78

Frustrated with Acne and Acne Cures

I used to have really clear skin until about two or three years ago. I remember being so upset when I'd get one pimple in a year. Then three years ago, I started getting one zit a month which to me was very distressing. I remember that I went to a dermatologist. She seemed like a nice dermatologist until she told me that she was going to pop my zits that were underneath my skin. I of course didn't object because I knew that doctors knew what they were doing.

IT was excruciating. She would pop the embedded zits and I'd want to die afterwards. She told me to take antibiotics afterwards. But the antibiotics never worked since the zits that she popped would get infected anyway.

I've noticed that it was only the right side of my face which got zits. No zit would form on the left side of my face. I wasn't happy with that anyway.

I told the dermatologist that my zits would get infected. She doused my face with some sort of vinegar-smelling solution. Through this site, I realized that she probaby gave me glycolic acid.

I had no idea that I was to wear sunscreen. She never told me to wear sunscreen especially after a glycolic acid application. So, I went on my merry way until I found my skin turning red, irritated and leathery because of sun exposure. You see, I don't get out much but one time, I was exposed to the sun for a good couple of minutes. A few hours after that, my skin felt tight. THen I noticed that my face had gotten leathery and swollen. My face was so hard that it wouldn't even spring back. I was concerned of course. A few days later, my skin was normal again. But it took several days for it to get normal.

Last year, my face was calmer. The zits that she popped left tiny needle marks but the redness had disappeared after one year. Last year, I was relatively clear. I only used Cetaphil or Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

Then early this year, I started working for a hospital. I started getting zits on my forehead. I was concerned about the zits so I started shopping around the internet for solutions to my forehead zits. Several hundred dollars later, my zit has gotten progressively worse. Now, I get two or three zit in a week whereas before I only would get one zit per three weeks or so.

It's ironic because my forehead zits have disappeared spontaneously. They just are gone. The right side of my face is calmer. There are no more zits there. The sad thing is, the left side of my face which used to be so clear and smooth untll about two months ago, has been invaded by zits.

In late October or early November or so, I started using Clearasil Total Control Acne Cleanser with Salicylic acid. That's when the assault started. I stopped using it because not only did it cause zits, it caused hives to appear. That's when I switched to Neutrogena Advanced Solutions for Acne.

At first, I was doing okay. My face felt smooth after using the salicylic scrub ( .5 percent ). But then, I noticed zits still popping up at the left side of my face. This week has been terrible. I have three zits. One very large inflammed zit on my forehead and one large on on my chin. A very nasty one on my left cheek.

I used BP a couple of months ago but had to stop when I noticed that cystic acne started appearing on the sides of my face. But since Neutrogena has a BP cream ( nightly cream ) and I started using it several weeks ago without fail. Now, I'm beginning to regret using it again.

I mean, I had zits but never really, really big zits. I'm afraid that maybe the combination of the scrub and BP is making me break out like this.

You should see the left side of my face. Two months ago, I had no zit there. Now, there are seven red marks left over by previous zits that have formed there over the past two months.

I used to have mild acne now I'm afraid that I'm stepped up a bit further. I have moderate acne. I just know that if I go on the same road, I'll start getting severe acne. I mean, three zits at once it too overwhelming from someone who used to get a zit once in a blue moon!!!

I'm giving up on products. I'm giving up. I'm just so, so tired. I'm so, so sad.

I'm so frustrated about my acne that I sometimes just break down and cry. This has been the worst week ever. I have so many red marks on my left cheek and it is just so devastating.

I feel like such a freak sometimes. I mean, I am a freak.

To make things worse. I'm studying for an exam which I am going to take next year. I like to study but I'm so depressed this week, that I've stopped studying all together. I mean, who wouldn't get depressed?

This is the worse thing. Last night, we had a Christmas party and I was so embarrassed because I had a large zit on my forehead and lots of red marks on both my cheeks. For some strange reason, the red marks on my right cheek which have started fading have started getting red again. I have red marks on both my cheeks now. I was so embarrassed to go up in front to participate in the games. I just wanted to die.

People are looking at me funny because my zits are so big. I'm not being paranoid. I've seen them look at me in a strange way because of my zits. I caught someone staring at my zit two days ago.

Yesterday, I resorted to using a medicated concealer to conceal the red marks on my face. It didn't feel good because the concealer was too sticky and besides, it couldn't really conceal everything.

I think that if I have to get out now, I have to start using a concealer. It's just so terrible. I feel so terrible.

What is even more terrible than pimples are the scars and the red marks that appear after the pimple goes away. I mean, it's worse than the pimple itself.

People always say not to pop a zit but even if you don't pop it, it still leaves a scar or a depression which is worse than popping a zit. At least, with popping a zit using needling you get small ice pick scars. If you don't do anything to the zit and just let it zit there, it becomes a wide red crater.

I have five prominent zits on my face. All I did was let them sit there.

Strange at it may seem, I think my dermatologist was right. Popping an acne with needles although painful is better because it just leaves tiny red icepick scars. If you don't pop the zit, it destroys the skin underneath and leaves a boxcar zit.

I'm so depressed today. I'm not going out anymore. I won't study. I'll just stay in bed.

I used to have really clear skin until about two or three years ago. I remember being so upset when I'd get one pimple in a year. Then three years ago, I started getting one zit a month which to me was very distressing. I remember that I went to a dermatologist. She seemed like a nice dermatologist until she told me that she was going to pop my zits that were underneath my skin. I of course didn't object because I knew that doctors knew what they were doing.

IT was excruciating. She would pop the embedded zits and I'd want to die afterwards. She told me to take antibiotics afterwards. But the antibiotics never worked since the zits that she popped would get infected anyway.

I've noticed that it was only the right side of my face which got zits. No zit would form on the left side of my face. I wasn't happy with that anyway.

I told the dermatologist that my zits would get infected. She doused my face with some sort of vinegar-smelling solution. Through this site, I realized that she probaby gave me glycolic acid.

I had no idea that I was to wear sunscreen. She never told me to wear sunscreen especially after a glycolic acid application. So, I went on my merry way until I found my skin turning red, irritated and leathery because of sun exposure. You see, I don't get out much but one time, I was exposed to the sun for a good couple of minutes. A few hours after that, my skin felt tight. THen I noticed that my face had gotten leathery and swollen. My face was so hard that it wouldn't even spring back. I was concerned of course. A few days later, my skin was normal again. But it took several days for it to get normal.

Last year, my face was calmer. The zits that she popped left tiny needle marks but the redness had disappeared after one year. Last year, I was relatively clear. I only used Cetaphil or Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

Then early this year, I started working for a hospital. I started getting zits on my forehead. I was concerned about the zits so I started shopping around the internet for solutions to my forehead zits. Several hundred dollars later, my zit has gotten progressively worse. Now, I get two or three zit in a week whereas before I only would get one zit per three weeks or so.

It's ironic because my forehead zits have disappeared spontaneously. They just are gone. The right side of my face is calmer. There are no more zits there. The sad thing is, the left side of my face which used to be so clear and smooth untll about two months ago, has been invaded by zits.

In late October or early November or so, I started using Clearasil Total Control Acne Cleanser with Salicylic acid. That's when the assault started. I stopped using it because not only did it cause zits, it caused hives to appear. That's when I switched to Neutrogena Advanced Solutions for Acne.

At first, I was doing okay. My face felt smooth after using the salicylic scrub ( .5 percent ). But then, I noticed zits still popping up at the left side of my face. This week has been terrible. I have three zits. One very large inflammed zit on my forehead and one large on on my chin. A very nasty one on my left cheek.

I used BP a couple of months ago but had to stop when I noticed that cystic acne started appearing on the sides of my face. But since Neutrogena has a BP cream ( nightly cream ) and I started using it several weeks ago without fail. Now, I'm beginning to regret using it again.

I mean, I had zits but never really, really big zits. I'm afraid that maybe the combination of the scrub and BP is making me break out like this.

You should see the left side of my face. Two months ago, I had no zit there. Now, there are seven red marks left over by previous zits that have formed there over the past two months.

I used to have mild acne now I'm afraid that I'm stepped up a bit further. I have moderate acne. I just know that if I go on the same road, I'll start getting severe acne. I mean, three zits at once it too overwhelming from someone who used to get a zit once in a blue moon!!!

I'm giving up on products. I'm giving up. I'm just so, so tired. I'm so, so sad.

I'm so frustrated about my acne that I sometimes just break down and cry. This has been the worst week ever. I have so many red marks on my left cheek and it is just so devastating.

I feel like such a freak sometimes. I mean, I am a freak.

I think posting on this site was a big mistake espeically with the likes of people who post here. I mean, thank you, for making feel a lot worse. neutral.gif

oh genie i was just kidding with ya...gotta toughen up thats the first step in fighting acne.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm a softie now. I used to be a toughie. I mean, I think especially vulnerable since I have a red and swollen and painful zit on my forehead. I look like a unicorn.

oh genie i was just kidding with ya...gotta toughen up thats the first step in fighting acne.

He he he he. Okay, I'm laughing now. It has helped. Writing about this thing has helped.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm a softie now. I used to be a toughie. I mean, I think especially vulnerable since I have a red and swollen and painful zit on my forehead. I look like a unicorn.

just wondering, meet my wife elsa* she's very lovely and sophisticated and i like to show her off to the world because i love her.

Hey Genie!

I was in the same position as you about a week and a half ago. I had 3 painful pimples, one on the side of my nose (this one made my nose look lopsided), one on my chin, and the other above my lip. It was not fun! It hurt to laugh, I was self conscious, depressed, and totally miserable (plus they left red marks.) You're not alone. I'm still searching for a regimen that will work for me. I know it's hard and you feel like you'll never be normal again, but try to stay positive! (Easier said than done, right?)

lol

nah bro this pimp has settled down.

now lets get some fly beats out now where's checkit at when you need him

elsa flo with whitechocolate here.

yo yo yo

my rhymes are candy flossid

you want to get your salads tossid?

thats what i thought id

bitch

you want to play a game id?

roll through the hood you gonna get stomp'id.

my rhymes melt you like hot buttaaaaaa biznatches

Yeah Genie, I totally know how you feel. But it sounds to me like you don't really have that much acne. From your description I mean. I totally wish I would only get two or three new zits a week. Man, I would kill for that. It's not really a big thing, having a few zits. Normally people don't notice. Maybe it registers in passing, but it's not something to confine yourself to your bed over. If you study people's faces closely next time you go out, you'll notice that most people have a zit or two. And normally, you would have never even noticed.

Also, one of the reasons your zits are getting worse and spereading is probably because you keep fucking with them. You know; touching them sqeezing them, applying various concealers and whatnot. The best thing to do is to just ignore them for a few days and use a gentle soap.