Notifications
Clear all

What kind of acne is this and how can I treat it?

MemberMember
(@badinteraction)

Posted : 01/24/2019 7:12 pm

Hello all.

So I have been getting these tiny bumps all over my face for the past year now. Nothing has to seemed to be making them disappear. I'm currently on Spironolactone because my derm thinks its hormonal but I have yet to see a difference. I have been taking it for about 2 months now. I was prescribed Epiduo which dried my skin out so bad to the point where it burned my skin and left a burn scar. I tried Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid- no success. Tried everything- you name it. Nothing lessens them. I just ordered a Curology trial bottle because I am just desperate at this point. The bumps are more prominent under make up and certain lighting. When I squeeze them puss comes out in a squiggly line(the best way I can describe it) then smooths but then they come back. Sometimes they'll turn into hard nodules/cysts. I've jumped from self diagnosing myself as having fungal acne, malassezia, Folliculitis, and hormonal acne. I told my derm that I think I have fungal acne so she prescribed me Clotrimazole Cream 1% Antifungal cream, which has yet to work. I have also tried Nizoral for about a week now by that dried my skin so bad that just like Epiduo, felt like it was burning my skin. It also gave me random cystic bumps. It's mostly on my cheeks and forehead. Sometimes on sides of chin. I am currently washing my face with Vanicream Gentle Facial cleanser which is supposed to be Malassezia free. I've been using so much it feels its stripping away my natural oils (and confidence). My skin just feels so dry and flakey. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Snapchat-266246002__01.jpg

Snapchat-1824329451__01.jpg

THIS ONE.jpg

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 01/26/2019 1:41 am

That looks similar to what I have. I have mine removed monthly at a hair and skin place. By removed I mean they steam my face and squeeze them out. A professional can get them out easier and with less damage to your skin.

MemberMember
(@love0211)

Posted : 01/27/2019 9:46 pm

Following! Same type of acne

MemberMember
(@zsacream)

Posted : 01/30/2019 12:38 am

Washing your face once or twice a day with a mild cleansing thatwill keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity. Yes one of main ismake-up essential that we use can also affect acne so usebranded makeup.

MemberMember
(@matt9719)

Posted : 01/30/2019 11:06 am

Hi,

I had acne for about 4 years and mine was resolved and i'm now clear. Looking at the pictures you have little whiteheads and some nodules too so similar to what i had myself. For me cleaning up my diet was the main thing that helped, Sugar and Dairy being the main two things to completely remove and Alcohol is good to at least reduce as i do love a drink so didnt want to stop altogether.

I used Salcura which is a brand made for sensitive and acne prone skin and i use the Face Wash and Face spray which has worked really well for me. I say this has worked really well but i finished Accutane 6 months ago and that's the best thing i ever did, im sure this was a massive reason my acne was cured but the rest of the stuff i have used i know for sure have had an impact. If i eat Dairy or Sugar i will still get spots now even after accutane so i would always suggest cutting it out.

Matt 🙂