Notifications
Clear all

Does chocolate cause acne?

MemberMember
(@accurateestate)

Posted : 01/24/2019 5:04 pm

I just wanted to know if chocolate could bethe cause to my acne. I feel when ever I eat chocolate my acne does get worse but lots of places I read says it doesnt really make a difference ?

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 01/24/2019 5:46 pm

Ok, so in my experience...I had a nurse who told me that there is no direct science between chocolate and acne; however, just like you, I found that whenever I ate chocolate more pimples would show up. In hindsight, I should have limited my chocolate intake...but it was just so good at the time lol.

You know your body the best. If you find that a certain food is not reacting well with your face then it would be best for you to not consume as much. Additionally, I believe a lot of the readings are actually stating that they haven't found a connection YET...so in other words, you could be different from those that they completed the test/study in the past.

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/08/2019 10:00 pm

Yes, unfortunately so.

Recent double-blind studies have shown that even 99% dark chocolate causes an increase in number and inflammation of acne lesions in males with acne,so its not just the sugar and dairy in milk chocolate 🙁

(You can search these on Google Scholar)

Eric98 liked