Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I started Accutane August 29th. My acne started to breakout in April but not that bad. It was moderate and honestly, I did not need Accutane like others do at the time. I am 16 years old around 5'9 and 155 pounds. My first dermatologist started me on 60 mg (which is a lot to start on). My first month sucked, a lot of dryness and a few breakouts. The next month I was upped to 70 mg and had the same effects and eventually it started to get worse. My acne continued to get worse and worse and my dermatologist sucked! She upped me to 80 mg the third month and didnt tell me anything about improving it or when it will get better etc.! I was noticing that my acne was going from big enflamed areas to red flatter marks. I decided to change my dermatologist. I used my dads dermatologist and she was so nice and i really felt like she knew what she was doing. She kept me on 80 mg, gave me chlyndomicen and i continued to the course until the end of December until i had to get off as i was experiencing depression from it - a problem i have never experienced in my life. She told me to continue chylndo and gave me vitamins to reduce redness. I started laser a few weeks ago and i see no improvement. I hate my skin so much and feel so ugly because of it. Nothing is working to fix it including accutane and laser! I am hopeless and need advice. Will this redness go away? Will these holes above my check fill. I don't understand why i am so unlucky. I cry a few times a week. This is my skin today. I will start taking pictures a few times a week. My parents are really trying to help and just are upset as me. They are willing to do anything to help me! Please help

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Edited by Chris27