Notifications
Clear all

Out of hope

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/23/2019 2:21 pm

I am a 44 year old woman. My battle with my face began in June. I feel I am at the end of my rope. I am on spironolactone and birth control now to help, I am only 1 month in. I think maybe my bumps are getting better and have slowed down, but I am very pale and now all the spots are leaving extreme hyperpigmentation. I have a new spot that has crested what almost looks like a bruise about my lip. I can't stop it. I put aloe from my aloe plant on it and it doubled in size. I cannot take this anymore.... what can I do? I have heard that hyperpigmentation goes away after 2 months to 2 years, but somehow I think this is permanent.

MemberMember
(@emilee_sarah)

Posted : 01/29/2019 9:35 pm

Hi Karen,

I feel so deeply for you. I know exactly how much acne can affect a person. And sometimes, the scars it leaves behind are even more debilitating. I understand the pain and frustration of adult acne. You are not alone.

2 years ago, I found a cure for my cystic acne. I was introduced to the Unblemish regimen by Rodan and Fields -it's a 3 step facial cleansing system. I was at the end of my rope and this was my last chance. It took awhile (almost a year) for me to see the results, but I am telling you -it is a night and day difference. I want to share this product with everyone I can, because it changed my life and I want others to experience the same freedom I now do. Would this be something you are interested in trying?

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/30/2019 8:40 am

Probably not. I'm going to continue with my doctor's recommendation for now...my face seems to be getting slightly better. Slightly. Thank you, though.

MemberMember
(@emilee_sarah)

Posted : 01/30/2019 9:04 pm

Best of luck to you! Glad to hear your skin is clearing up a bit.

Take care.

MemberMember
(@mj117)

Posted : 03/17/2019 12:15 am

It is so frustrating waiting for medications to work, but from what I have learned in dealing with my own acne struggles is that they take time to work! It took my medications around 2 - 3 months to start working for me. Hang in there!