Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a 44 year old woman. My battle with my face began in June. I feel I am at the end of my rope. I am on spironolactone and birth control now to help, I am only 1 month in. I think maybe my bumps are getting better and have slowed down, but I am very pale and now all the spots are leaving extreme hyperpigmentation.  I have a new spot that has crested what almost looks like a bruise about my lip. I can't stop it. I put aloe from my aloe plant on it and it doubled in size. I cannot take this anymore.... what can I do? I have heard that hyperpigmentation goes away after 2 months to 2 years,  but somehow I think this is permanent. 

Hi Karen,

I feel so deeply for you. I know exactly how much acne can affect a person. And sometimes, the scars it leaves behind are even more debilitating. I understand the pain and frustration of adult acne. You are not alone.

2 years ago, I found a cure for my cystic acne. I was introduced to the Unblemish regimen by Rodan and Fields -it's a 3 step facial cleansing system. I was at the end of my rope and this was my last chance. It took awhile (almost a year) for me to see the results, but I am telling you -it is a night and day difference. I want to share this product with everyone I can, because it changed my life and I want others to experience the same freedom I now do. Would this be something you are interested in trying?

Probably not.  I'm going to continue with my doctor's recommendation for now...my face seems to be getting slightly better.  Slightly.  Thank you,  though. 

It is so frustrating waiting for medications to work, but from what I have learned in dealing with my own acne struggles is that they take time to work! It took my medications around 2 - 3 months to start working for me. Hang in there!