Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Victor Luna

Candida yeast and acn

Does anyone know anything about how Candida affects acne? I’m a 42 year old male Hispanic suffering from cystic acne and recently I stopped going to dermatologist office, did a little bit of research on my own and find out how diet affects acne. So I made all the changes, cutting off dairy, sugar, gluten etc., I went to see Dr. Allibone, who specializes in treating patients with Candida, did some blood work and found out that in fact I have Candida yeast infection! He explained to me that we have good and bad bacteria in our gut but my bad bacteria has overgrown due to taking many antibiotics for long periods time. He recommended supplements, at least 15 different supplements, to balance the Candida albicans that is causing my acne, but they don’t come cheap at least $800 for the supplements alone! Right now I’m in my second month and I have not seen much of improvement my question to you is this: has anyone tried this Candida treatment? Does it really work? Because like I say is not cheap, everything is coming out of my pocket and lastly, how can I stop from  loosing weight? I’ve lost 25 lbs and that’s not good at all everyone that knows me tells the same thing that I look sick because I’ve lost so much weight! I will really appreciate if you comment about my situation with your suggestions 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes