Notifications
Clear all

Stopping Birth Control and Worried

MemberMember
(@samishere)

Posted : 01/21/2019 2:08 pm

I am planning to stop taking birth control soon, and I'm worried about my skin breaking out like crazy.

Before starting the bc Loryna, my skin never had huge cystic breakouts, and I only got a few pimples on my forehead and on my cheeks before my period.

I did not start birth control to help with acne, but ever since I have started bc, I have had more severe acne.

Becuase I did not specifically start bc to help with acne problems in the first place, am I at risk for developing severe acne once I stop bc?

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 02/28/2019 9:54 am

Hello Samishere :)

I am happy to meet someone who experienced the same as me. I have been taking birth control pills for two months and I had to stop because they caused me acne. I stopped the pills in December. After stopping my skin was clear during one month, but then breakouts came back. Now I am having worse breakouts and I don't know if they are going to go away. Tell me more about your experience. Did you stop the pills? What happened to you? 

Nice to meet you,

Vicpaz.

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 03/13/2019 12:15 pm

I take bc because of acne. I only stopped it once and after that my acne was worse than ever and my period was absent for about 2 months