Notifications
Clear all

If you were magically able to get in with any of the top derms or plastic surgeons for scar treatment in the U.S., which expert would it be?

MemberMember
(@bunnyears)

Posted : 01/20/2019 12:11 pm

Just as the title asks, who would you choose if you could selected any of the acne scar experts in the us?

I'm scheduled for my own second round of subcision with a Dr. where I live a week from tomorrow. I have seen improvement from the first, but each time I see him he does give the the hard sell for laser treatment. I went for a consult with him a few years ago in which I told him I wanted subcision, but he said the laser (ematrix) should do the trick since my scars are actually pretty mild for the most part, except for two areas on one cheek and one on the other cheek plus large/ scarred pores, so I spent a few thousand on that to only see very mild improvement (though I did for the record see some, and some skin tightening too). Anyhow, he charges $700 each subcision, so I'm now considering canceling with him and just going all out for one of the experts. I know some of the bigger names in the U.S. already, but I am ready to get this show on the road as soon as possible, as I have some big events I'd like to look nicer/ healed up for over this coming summer. I'm looking to call someone TOMORROW (today is Sunday). So, basically I'm asking the hivemind here to give me the name of their U.S. dream doctor for acne scars.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/21/2019 12:17 am

@BunnyEarsThere is already a list of vetted and recommended doctors here in this thread that @beautifulambition put together:

MemberMember
(@bunnyears)

Posted : 01/25/2019 12:44 pm

@superburritoI'm aware of this list. However, I'm somewhat new to this site and there are many members who have seen these drs and shared their experiences which I'm sure there are a variety of around. I believe hearing the opinion ofmore seasoned members who have been reading reviews and posts for years would be beneficial to me.

MemberMember
(@screwscars)

Posted : 01/31/2019 7:58 am

On 1/25/2019 at 9:44 AM, BunnyEars said:

@superburritoI'm aware of this list. However, I'm somewhat new to this site and there are many members who have seen these drs and shared their experiences which I'm sure there are a variety of around. I believe hearing the opinion ofmore seasoned members who have been reading reviews and posts for years would be beneficial to me.

For me, Rullan. Fortunately I live in San Diego soits not an issue for me (although I had no idea who he was until I started this site). I love it that hes not laser oriented and (at least for me) never felt like he was selling me something. Hes realistic but also confident in his skills. I had a bit of an uncomfortable experience during my first meeting with him, which has since been rectified. I plan on posting my experience with the phenol peel inanother week or so. Anyway the other thingsthat I like arethat he doesnt sell himself on social media and other platforms, he serves the communities of color expertly and different skin tone variations, and his assistant Amy is the absolute best. 🙂