Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
storm91

Icepick Scars, TCA, and a weird question, w/pics

I have TERRIBLE ice pick scars. I've tried rolling them, various creams, stamping but these are just not going away. Its been 10 years now. So I broke down and bought 70% TCA and some toothpicks as well as some copper peptide serum on Amazon. Now I've read plenty of literature, reviews, etc. watched loads of videos but I still see people mentioning that icepicks can get wider after TCA Cross or the nearby skin can get damaged, which made me think about when I put on a green mask(mint julep mask) and it highlights ALL of my icepicks and scarred pores (I'm attaching a picture of the green mask on my cheek) So I was wondering if there was something I could put on, like a mask, to protect the skin around the scarred pores while highlighting them at the same time? I doubt it would work but I have to ask.

I also wanted to know if people who do the cross, neutralize it with baking soda water after it frost or they just leave it as is...Ive heard of people doing both. Thanks!

50182975_363522881093852_6464118611626688512_n.jpg

50773218_1206833149470867_1272829720131534848_n.jpg

TCA is strong stuff, your face mask won't stand a chance at protecting you... it burns through paper so it will burn through your face mask. Please see an expert dermatologist rather than doing this yourself, there is a lot that could go wrong! It isn't worth the possible acid burns.

I understand, and trust me, if I could afford to see a doctor I would. I'm really not talking about using my face-mask like the one I have on, just wondering if there are any sort of topicals, similar to the mask which would protect the surrounding skin?

@storm91 There is a acid peel guide pinned at the top of the scar treatments guide, find tca cross.

75% acid is harmful and it is illegal - 35% is the legal percentage by the FDA for at home usage (Even though anyone can obtain it), for people to do at home who are not certified Drs. As such The materials sold online are not pure or of medical grade and China often uses "other materials." We actually don't allow the discussion of anything harmful or illegal here as a Dr's procedure but since you have the material I am educating you with some saftey.

What you have can be extremely harmful and can lead to things like burns, discoloration, extended redness, infection, deformity, ... and the list goes on. I am sure I will get some blow back by a troll that will say they put 100% acid on their face and it was fine and the best thing ever. Please realize 100% sold online there is no guarantee of it's true percentage but if you don't pay 100s of dollars for it then well it's not legit as a medical regulated device. I have now warned you, and you take responsibility if anything goes wrong to goto your Emergency Dr to fix it. This isn't easy stuff to apply. "Now I've read plenty of literature, reviews, etc. watched loads of videos" - this means nothing until you have done thousands of them on others, but good for you for educating yourself. I have a book behind me right now of complications of acid  peels, ... it is not pretty - the info ;-)

Ok enough of the warnings, ... should you choose to do this at home. Read the acid peel guide. Do ""ONE"" test spot and see how it heals. Dilute it down (Water) to a lower percentage and build up. If I had a Dollar for every I ruined my skin and freak out I would be rich. Slow and observe healing. Never do multiple if they are close together they will join, do a few at a time. 

Vaseline is a occlusive if you need something after to spot treat. Please don't put any masks, this isn't going to fix controlled damage to lead to healing of the skin, nor do you have the surgical facilities to make this happen. 

Good so you already know your icepicks will get wider and you can potentially need many treatments, please allow at least a month between any cross treatment, 6 weeks is often encouraged for this percentage. 

Best of luck with your treatment. TCA Cross is one of the cheapest treatments at a Dermatologist. 

Thanks for so much info, trust me I'm scared to even try it but I've become desperate. I may try getting 35% first and see what happens. I'm new to this site kinda, so I haven't read up on most of the info here and I'll hold off on doing it until I go through everything on this site first.

Ok, so I tried to find someone in my area that does TCA and no one does, they all want to use lasers instead which is not what I think I need. I ordered the 30% TCA from MUAC and but will that strength be sufficient for my scars.I'll insert a few pics. Also, do I leave the TCA in after it frost or do I neutralize after a few minutes? Will it even frost with that low of a strength?

s.jpg

50663836_137614507190319_6225453390726430720_n.jpg

Edited by storm91

@storm91 Someone in your area has to do acid peels, ... even small towns have med spas where they do peels and facials. They call them different words. You need to read the acid peel guide it's pinned at the top of scar treatments sub. Safety on how to use the products is there. MUAC says to neutralize in the instructions so do that. 

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed. 

Thanks for the reply, I tried 4 doctors yesterday and none of them do cross method, but yeah I agree I need a derm, hopefully, I can save up to see someone. I've read the acid peel guide I'm just waiting on my MUAC order to come in, I'll continue to watch the vids as well. I can maybe buy a derminator in the next few weeks.  I have some tretinoin but it was too harsh on my face, I'll try your method and see if thats a bit better. Again, thanks for the info.

Hey storm91. I'm also going to be trying the TCA cross method. I'm supposed to be getting my order this Saturday. I was told that I can use the 30% just in my ice pick/boxcar scars and the 13% on the rest of my face. I might just do the lower percentage first to see how my skin reacts to it. 

Have you done yours yet?

Posted (edited)

@storm91 please contact me on messenger....

[Link removed]

Edited by Control Panel
Potential advertising//soliciting/spamming. Can message on messenger here, no need to link to another site.