Notifications
Clear all

Is it hard to get prescribed accutane 2nd course

MemberMember
(@iliketots123)

Posted : 01/20/2019 3:53 am

I took accutane about 2 years ago when I was in high school (1.5 years since finishing) and my skin had been pretty clear especially relative to before up until about 5 weeks ago. Since finishing accutane I had the relative break out every month of 2-3 pimples, but they were gone within a week with little to no scars. About 5 weeks ago I thought I was experiencing this same break out, but it didn't get better. I suddenly started getting new pimples just about every week, with the previous ones not going away and any ones that went away left moderate scars. Now I have about 10-12 marks on my face, about half of them scars at a time. With a few of them being cysts. The condition wouldn't be considered severe, but it's definitely moderate or more and now my hair is getting oily and my neck is starting to get acne again like in high school (essentially it's like in high school for my face, but a little bit worse except my back doesn't have a lot of acne like it did in high school).

I've had a good regimen for my skin since finishing accutane washing my face with Cetaphil since my skin is sensitive 1-2 times a day. Recently I've started to drink only water, etc. avoid sweets. After weeks it's only getting worse. Does anybody know how hard it would be to get a 2nd accutane prescription from my derm - i don't know if she'll be hesitant and want to try other things like antibiotics because I've tried these before accutane and they never really worked. I'm just really desperate right now, because I'm in college now trying to focus on studying, but this progressive breakout is causing me to stress out so much

MemberMember
(@niko123)

Posted : 01/20/2019 4:20 am

Hi,

I know how much you're stressed because of breakouts I'm really often in this case. For me, it's really easy. You go to your derm and she/he will see that you have acne again and you just say that you want a second course to clear again your face.

If I can give you an advice: don't wait.So just go and ask for a second course and IF the derm says no just go to another one 🙂

It's YOUR face don't forget that🙂