Notifications
Clear all

Vaping caused me terrible acne

MemberMember
(@nick2500)

Posted : 01/19/2019 11:57 am

Thought I™d post this as I™ve seen a few comments asking if vaping causes acne. I™ve suffered over the years, never as a teenager I had the odd one or two like most people do, when I was about 30 it got worse. From that age to about 36 I took amoxicillin prescribed by the doctor and it kept it at bay and it worked well. I then at the age of 40 went to a different doctor who advised me to come off antibiotics and try Quiniderm, that was my savior it was fantastic best thing I™ve ever tried. This worked for years and never had a problem, then the great EU got involved and banned one of the ingredients so we can™t get it in this county (if anyone can please let me know). Anyway after that ran out it wasn™t that bad just one spot here and there that anyone can put up with (ok a couple looked massive). I carried on like this till last year all the time smoking and loving the cigarettes . I decided to give up smoking and start vaping, I didn™t put two and two together for ages but started having quite bad breakouts that even a beard wouldn™t cover worse I™d ever had. I went back to the doctors and they prescribed me doxycycline as it was a bit hideous, I™m not the best looking never mind a face full of cysts !! Anyway a month went past taking that and it did nothing, sorry if this is long winded !! I then realized it had only started as bad as it was when I started vaping so I thought right time to make a change !! I gave up the vape and brought nicorett quickmist, OH MY GOD after two days my face exploded with cystic acne like you would not believe (SEE THE FIRST PICTURE). I went back to the doctor with tears in my eyes trying not to scare any kids on the way!! There was puss seeping out of them and it was pretty horrendous. For some reason these days doctors don™t like to prescribe amoxicillin but i insisted on it. After two days taking it (SEE PICTURE 2) and giving up both the vape and that nicorrett quick mist all the redness has gone. I™ve now resorted to nicorrett patches and it doesn™t seem to affect my face. I™ve purchased a few creams to try so I don™t stay on amoxicillin and will update if they work for me, can really sympathize what people go through with bad skin, mine got so bad while vaping I wouldn™t go to work !! Luckily I™m the boss, no boss would of made me go in it was that bad. Please let me know if you™ve suffered the same and what worked for you, the last thing I want to do is stay on antibiotics long term. 

If you got this far and managed to even even understand it thanks in advance for any reply™s good or bad. 

Nick 

04ECCCF9-959F-42D1-87B9-247C8AA552C7.jpeg

D94187B9-DAA2-40C9-9741-03AB68502219.jpeg

229AE9CF-E9F1-47D0-B29C-ECF4863E0CD7.jpeg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 01/19/2019 12:46 pm

the eu ban definitely caused the price of Benzoyl peroxideto go through the roof (it went from 3 to 10+)

i dont smoke or vape but ive read lots of threads about people linking it to acnebreakouts, so imwilling to bet there is a strong link.

out of interest, what type of soap do you use? and how do you shave your face? and do you drink milk?

MemberMember
(@nick2500)

Posted : 01/19/2019 1:39 pm

Hey

Dont use soap I use a soap free clinical face wash, dont really drink milk and use Gillette sensitive foam with Gillette razor.

Kind regards

nick

MemberMember
(@nick2500)

Posted : 01/19/2019 2:36 pm

What helped the most with the redness was a cream from mon naturals, its like a maskthat you put on a night only used it once so far and skin feels so much better. Touch wood it hasnt caused any more break outs. Everyone raving about cbd at moment.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 01/19/2019 4:13 pm

2 hours ago, Nick2500 said:

Hey

Dont use soap I use a soap free clinical face wash, dont really drink milk and use Gillette sensitive foam with Gillette razor.

Kind regards

nick

if you switch to using a electric foil razor(not circular type ), rather than standard razor and cream, your see a drastic reduction in spots and redness around your mouth, chin etc

i have sensitiveskin and thats what worked for me.

MemberMember
(@nick2500)

Posted : 01/19/2019 4:50 pm

35 minutes ago, MrBakery said:

if you switch to using a electric foil razor(not circular type ), rather than standard razor and cream, your see a drastic reduction in spots and redness around your mouth, chin etc

i have sensitiveskin and thats what worked for me.

Thanks for the input MrBakery ill Give it a go

MemberMember
(@zsacream)

Posted : 01/22/2019 5:23 am

No clear connection betweenvapingandacne.

MemberMember
(@nick2500)

Posted : 01/22/2019 9:13 am

I think you find there is a massive connection, just on this forum, I have also spoken to a doctor this morning who advice anyone that vapes and sufferers with acne as I first port of call to ditch it.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/27/2019 6:46 pm

Hey Nick. Sorry that you are dealing with this. I'm 35 and still struggling so I get it. I agree that it is not far fetched to link vaping to worsening acne. It makes sense since vaping is like shoving toxins into your body and acne sufferers are already sensitive to so many things already. Hopefully you will continue to heal.

Good luck with giving up the smokes. I did it in my 20's and it wasn't easy.

MemberMember
(@understated4lyf)

Posted : 03/20/2019 10:59 am

You're not crazy, nor are the other people linking extremely bad acne to vaping. People need to stop trying to stick up for vaping when it comes to acne. I had SOME zit issues (as females do) before I started vaping but not as bad as they are now. I'm getting painful, massive bouts of cystic acne which I never got before. I'm literally 100 percent sure it is due to vaping. I assumed this from 2 years ago and from EVERY single time when I've started and stopped vaping numerous times I have seen the difference in my skin. Vaping has made my skin so bad I literally can't control it with over the counter treatment and had to get pharmaceutical treatment from my doctor instead. Honestly, I've decided to put down vaping for the last time and I will definitely not be going back to cigarettes as I have strong willpower. The type of acne vaping has caused me has literally stopped me from wanting to go anywhere. At 24 years old I should not have this type of acne and it's only ever happens whenever I picked up the vape again. Believe me it's so bad and this is DEFINITELY a side effect of vaping. Even my boyfriend who is approaching 30 and always had great skin has been getting cystic spots since he started vaping whether it is high or low pg or VG or whatever it is. It is bad for the skin in general even if you are meticulous with your facial cleansing routine you will probably find you will gradually get worse skin while vaping. It's such a shame because it's a great alternative to smoking. Give it some more time and I'm sure people will come to find there ARE more health risks associated with vaping and you'll be happy you stopped.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/30/2021 1:59 am

Im truly starting to believe that there is a correlation between these cysts on my face and sometimes back due to vaping. I have thought so for a while now. I have been smoking since I was 15 and I never noticed any difference with my body. I had an occasional blemish here and there which at the time of course was the end of the world lol. I started vaping around 28 years old and I swear my skin has never been this bad ever! I am a person who is hypoallergenic , have been allergic to most things since I was little. Sowhen something like a rash or a CYST appears on my skin it is routine for me to find the cause and ask my self what changed? I have tried everything- from over the counter to doctor prescribed steroidal creams. I have googled and searched all different types of causes and honestly I havent even found the exact description of what the hell these things are other than a cyst or abscess cause it sure as heck aint a pimple. I have tried all sorts of diets as well. The diets and creams and washing routines help some but I am starting to believe its the dang vape juice. Which sucks!!!! I really enjoy vaping and nicotine. Something in me truly believes it is it - for almost 5 years now. Its my face and skin though, so I gotta quit.Wish me luck!