Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I've been "ghosting" on this website for years, just reading peoples stories, trying and failing. I wanted to share my success story (can't believe I am actually typing this) and help anyone struggling.

I will try to make this very straight to the point:

BETAINE HCL AND ZINC!!  :D

After trying every over the counter and prescribed acne product, diets and everything in between, I came to realize that my acne was being caused by improper digestion.

Video I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5entonFd73s&t=409s

I was convinced that digestion and low stomach acid was my problem, so I did a test that consists of: Drinking 4 ounces of water mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda on a EMPTY STOMACH.

After you drink it, start the timer... If you burp before 1 minute, that means that you have enough stomach acid, between 1-3 minutes means you have low stomach acid.

Well, I burped at 10 minutes, which meant I had nearly no stomach acid at all.

So I decided to start taking Betaine HCL (on my right dose. do your research about how to find out) and within a couple of weeks my acne was pretty much gone.

I would still get an occasional, very small breakout. Until I started taking ZINC 25mg, now I rarely get a pimple.

All I had left was a lot of scarring to deal with, which I have diminished with skincare. 

MY CURRENT SKIN CARE

Morning:

• COSRX Good Morning Low PH cleansing gel. (I have noticed a great improvement after ditching my harsh cleanser to this one)
  • Heritage Rosewater & glycerin spray
  • The ordinary Vitamin C serum
  • Jason Vitamin E oil

Night:

• COSRX Good Morning Low PH cleansing gel.
  • Faith to Face AHA! Peel So Good peeling gel
  • The Ordinary glycolic acid 7% toning solution 
  • Jason Vitamin E oil
  • Acne.org AHA+ lotion (on spots or entire face)

Twice per week:

• The ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% peeling solution 

I really hope this helps someone. I know how it is to have acne and have it control your life!

Drop any questions you may have. Good luck!

Acne Before.jpgAcne After.jpg

Edited by LuccasLopes

HI,

Yeah A wonderful Befor&After really happy for you !! I have stomach issues and I'm really trying to heal that and I think it can be the reason for my acne too. How long did it take to make this wonderful difference? 

10 hours ago, niko123 said:

HI,

Yeah A wonderful Befor&After really happy for you !! I have stomach issues and I'm really trying to heal that and I think it can be the reason for my acne too. How long did it take to make this wonderful difference? 

Thank you so much!!

i started to see a difference within two weeks, but the after photo is 3 months later!

Woah that's really great!! I've started probiotics because of my gut problem and I saw a difference in 1-2 weeks but it's not all clear (I'm now at 5-6 weeks on it). I hope everything will be fine in the next 1-2 months :) 

Nice results and very interesting! Maybe I should give it a try. I'm already taking zinc supplements (gluconate), but i've never heard of Betaine HCL