Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Break out

MemberMember
(@donjumbo)

Posted : 01/18/2019 1:55 am

Im going to Cancun for Spring Break in 10 weeksand I just finished my Doxycycline and Retin Atreatment and Im practically acne free (Just a pimple here and there and red marks) I went to the dermatologist today and she prescribed me Isotretinoin because I still have oily skin and it is very common for acne to come back worseafter doxy, sowe made a plan around the trip which is start slow with 20mg / a day and one week before the trip stop taking the pills and when i come back upper the dose to 40 / mg a day. So Im wondering should I risk starting accutane right now and arrive in the worst case scenario to Cancun with an initial breakout and all that sun sensitivityor hope acne doesnt come back and stick with my Retin a, face washer and sunscreen and start the treatment after coming back?

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 01/18/2019 8:16 pm

Yeah I don't think Cancun is the best place to go while on Accutane. Then again, if your derm has agreed to it, I don't see why you shouldn't... Me, personally, I wouldn't do it, just because my face gets super red and I get very self-conscious about it.