Notifications
Clear all

Will this leave a deep scar? Or just a healing wound like my GP says

MemberMember
(@mgatsby)

Posted : 01/15/2019 7:57 pm

ive had a clear face for 10 months just with an occasional spot or zit. I started dealing with acne for the first time in 2017 and it was mostly pustules nothing too serious.

In November 2018 I started getting combination of blind pimples cystic/nodular pimples I™ve had 7 in total since then. 

From November to literally last week I was hardly eating and when I did my diet consisted of mostly sugar,caffeine,dairy and processed  carbs I wasnt consuming veg or nutritious food.I was in a very bad place psychologically and physically I also couldnt sleep (always struggled with sleep).

I™ve adopted a cleaner & healthier diet since last week plus I™m getting 7 hours a night which is a huge improvement for me. 

I went to see my GP yesterday so he could refer me to a dermatologist (UK) as I can™t afford private right now and he said my acne is mild and the scarring is just a healing wound not a deep scar and it will take a while to heal and I™m overreacting. I must add that he™s a douche and I don™t believe him so I hope someone with experience can be honest with me 

Thanks 

D104B211-A23D-49C3-ADE4-74FAB11FE919.jpeg

7D9D2FF3-044C-4909-B6BA-81756DAF6CB5.jpeg

AF0CDA8F-3373-4F85-BD44-21C20D123EEC.jpeg

04E9B42B-B160-4F45-BCDE-C45EB7926768.jpeg

77CC54AD-825B-4F15-99AD-ADEC8666C1AD.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2019 2:49 am

It really depends on the healing factor of an individual. I've seen some people escape unscathed from severe cystic acne and others with scars from mild acne. I would suggest you keep the wound moist at all times in order to minimize the scabs from forming.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/16/2019 9:37 am

Please go see a dermatologist, early treatment is the best prevention. We had some posters from the UK who did some online consult thing and were able to get Accutane, I don't know if that is the same for you. Your skin type is prone to redness and wounding, discuss with a Dr your available solutions like tretinorin nightly cream. Wear sunscreen or it can get worse. Think of what is going on with your face as a wound, ... what would you do if you received a cut or scratch, ... it takes time to heal. There are wound creams and gels at the pharmacy. Natural route some use Comfrey, castor oil for quicker healing. Get the acne under control and then worry about scarring, ... right now we are chasing a issue that is not controlled. You can take a look at the FAQ pinned at the top of scar treatments, goto the skin section and pie which is wounding if you wish.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/16/2019 9:58 am

MemberMember
(@mgatsby)

Posted : 01/21/2019 8:56 pm

On 1/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, beautifulambition said:

Please go see a dermatologist, early treatment is the best prevention. We had some posters from the UK who did some online consult thing and were able to get Accutane, I don't know if that is the same for you. Your skin type is prone to redness and wounding, discuss with a Dr your available solutions like tretinorin nightly cream. Wear sunscreen or it can get worse. Think of what is going on with your face as a wound, ... what would you do if you received a cut or scratch, ... it takes time to heal. There are wound creams and gels at the pharmacy. Natural route some use Comfrey, castor oil for quicker healing. Get the acne under control and then worry about scarring, ... right now we are chasing a issue that is not controlled. You can take a look at the FAQ pinned at the top of scar treatments, goto the skin section and pie which is wounding if you wish.

Ok thanks my GP gave me a cream called differin is this affective for cystic acne or skin turnover? Ive read about tretinorin but I dont think GPS in uk prescribe them unless its from private derm.

could I use the retinoidby a brand called theordinary? its availableonline the reviews are good but I wont buy it unless you give me your opinion lol

thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/22/2019 12:20 pm

Differin is a retinoid, so your good, no need for the ordinary. You can try the ordinary niacinamide serum or pca makes a great product called pca gel for hyperpigmentation on Amazon.

Some with this condition try to dermastamp their PIE or they do a light peel(s) like glycolic acid.

Start with nightly Differin. See how you do.