Notifications
Clear all

Anyone have experience / knowledge on scars over hair?

MemberMember
(@sgtintroversion)

Posted : 01/13/2019 2:52 pm

Hi all,

I have an old scar from a fall that goes over my eyebrow. It's a small scar but on the scar itself no more hair grows:

image.thumb.png.5a351aafda13179a2758e087d16bce12.png

Lightening isn't the best but you can see the small line. 

Does anyone have any knowledge and or tips on how I could possibly get hair to start growing there again? Or are the hair follicles fucked from the impact and that's it? I believe I read somewhere that iodine / hair regeneration was a think.

Any help would be great thanks! 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/13/2019 3:03 pm

While its not real hair,eyebrow micro blading can look very realistic. It would be very easy and not too expensiveto fill that gap.

MemberMember
(@sgtintroversion)

Posted : 01/14/2019 7:12 am

Yeah to be honest i've thought about this before and I think it would work fine, just ruling out any other options first before going down that route :)

Thanks though! 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/14/2019 11:30 am

@SgtIntroversionFrankly this is not that bad and hidden in the eyebrow... this isn't a question for a scar board but more a hair transplant expert, if they can do FUE into the scar tissue. I also agree that micro blading could work here or something called a tattoo micropigmentation often done on the scalp. The other things they can do are excise the spot and sitch it together. Or you could do something temporary with makeup to fill it in there are beard filling products.

MemberMember
(@sgtintroversion)

Posted : 01/14/2019 1:14 pm

@beautifulambitionYeah it's not that bad at all and i'm not massively concerned with it, just one of those 'if the solution is fairly simple then why not' type deals. Tbh I think micro blading might do the job well enough so think I might look into that first.

Cheers all!

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/14/2019 1:32 pm

I have the exact same thing on my left eyebrow from when I ran into some stairs when I was young, no hair grows there. But is it really a big deal? No one can notice...