Notifications
Clear all

EAT BAD FOOD/SUGARY FOODS ON ACCUTANE??

MemberMember
(@busa)

Posted : 01/12/2019 11:44 pm

Hi all,

This is more of an experience thread.

As it was my birthday today I ate a large amount of sugary (chocolate), and dairy foods etc. 

I am on low dose accutane, and have eaten healthy for the most part of four weeks now, and noticed no real large improvements until recently, so I think diet isn™t really a problem too much. 

Just wanted to see if I break out, or if anyone else has broken out whilst on accutane from eating badly? please feel free to share your experience. :) 

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 01/16/2019 8:27 pm

I had a pretty strict diet before accutane and would still break out. I kept it that way during the first 2-3 weeks of my course, but since then I re-introduced some not so healthy foods into my diet, even re-introduced cheese. Not a single pimple.

It's weird that there's no scientific consensus on the matter, and that many derms will tell you one thing or the other. Me personally, I'm a firm believer of the fact that foods themselves don't induce your acne, unless there's an actual allergy going on. Before accutane, I would drink a can of monster energy almost daily, and my diet was based on pasta, dairy and fast food. I changed it up for 5 months, drastically, purging out all the sugars and saturated fats, and introducing vegetables, omega 3... you name it. I literally had the same amount of acne during the two periods.

BuSa liked
MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 01/16/2019 10:26 pm

I loved eating food when I was on accutane lol...I was able to eat a lot of fatty/junk foodand not having to care. The fat actually helps the accutaneabsorb (if I'm not mistaken). I don't think that some cake will really impact you nor the sugar, but obviously, if you find that your body isn't responding well to a certain food...definitely avoid it

BuSa liked
MemberMember
(@busa)

Posted : 01/19/2019 7:20 pm

On 1/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, californiakid said:

I loved eating food when I was on accutane lol...I was able to eat a lot of fatty/junk food and not having to care. The fat actually helps the accutane absorb (if I'm not mistaken). I don't think that some cake will really impact you nor the sugar, but obviously, if you find that your body isn't responding well to a certain food...definitely avoid it 

Thanks so much for the advice! :)

On 1/17/2019 at 12:27 PM, Will_from_Barcelona said:

I had a pretty strict diet before accutane and would still break out. I kept it that way during the first 2-3 weeks of my course, but since then I re-introduced some not so healthy foods into my diet, even re-introduced cheese. Not a single pimple. 

It's weird that there's no scientific consensus on the matter, and that many derms will tell you one thing or the other. Me personally, I'm a firm believer of the fact that foods themselves don't induce your acne, unless there's an actual allergy going on. Before accutane, I would drink a can of monster energy almost daily, and my diet was based on pasta, dairy and fast food. I changed it up for 5 months, drastically, purging out all the sugars and saturated fats, and introducing vegetables, omega 3... you name it. I literally had the same amount of acne during the two periods.

Thanks! I appreciate the input :) 

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 01/21/2019 11:50 pm

No problem!