Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1ou

I'm using both Tretinoin 0.05 and Adapalene for hyperpigmentation. When will my face start purging?

My dermatologist prescribed me to use both Tretinoin 0.1 (but accidentally bought 0.05) and Adapalene with 1% Clindamycin, I have been using Tret for more than two weeks and  Adapalene for 6 days. I have heard that both topicals cause major purging, so far I have only one pimple on my left cheek and a few small closed comedones. I'm just afraid that the purging might start once I hit week 2 of using Adapalene since week 2 is usually when the purging really starts. I have an oily face and a lot of dark spots but no major acne problem. I only get pimples a week before or during my period.

Here is my routine:

AM: Anti Acne facial wash - toner - vitamin c serum - adapalene - azaleic acid with salicylic acid cream - sunblock

PM: Micellar water to remove my make up - anti acne facial wash - toner f vitamin c serum - azaleic acid with salicylic acid cream - tretinoin - moisturizer

Should I stick with this routine or should I change it up? Also, should I stick with Tret 0.05 or switch to 0.1?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes