Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a stronger moisturizer

Hello! I’ve started the regimen about a week ago and my skin is really dry, flaky and feels kinda irritated to the touch... As a person with a very reactive and sensitive skin, I’ve been using the Benzoyl Peroxide only at night during the first 2days in a small amount before applying the moisturizer. Then I switched it to every other day only in the evening but my skin keeps on getting really dry. I feel like the moisturizer works for only an hour and it gets dry again. Please could you suggest me a very good moisturizer? Im in canada and being in the winter season and all, I need a very moisturizing cream that I could use instead because I dont think the acne.org is moisturizing my skin well enough! 

Thank you for kindly help!

Happy New Year!

Thank you so much fir taking the time. Yeah Ive tried applying it multiple times a day and my skin feels so much better. But I stopped using The benzoyl Peroxide all together. Im just using the AHA+ now every other day. Still need a better moisturizer though that could last a long time not an hour or so. 

If your skin is very dry, it’s a good idea to stop using benzoyl perioxide altogether.  Some people’s skin tends to react more to it than others even if it’s in concentrated areas.  I live in Northern Minnesota and winter is often tough on the skin, so I understand the struggle.  I would try switching acne soaps if you use them because my former soap was too harsh and would dry my skin.  Do you use acne soaps or no?

My skin is extremely dry so I apply moisturiser BEFORE the bp. Yes it still works. Cleanse, moisturise (jojoba oil at night and Aveeno during the day), then BP. At night I apply a thick layer of Cetaphil cream as well after the BP has dried. In the first few months I needed 2-3 layers of Cetaphil each night but now I only need one.