Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xoxoem

Spiro causing severe dehydration?

I have been on Spiro for about 6 months. This past month is basically quit working as I had a bad cystic breakout.

Anyways, during this time, I noticed that my pee has gotten really dark, more so than usual. And these past days I have been SO thirsty!! 

I cant really go to a doctor at the moment but I am planning on lowering my dose from 50mg to 25mg, and then stopping.

Has anyone else experienced these side effects? I am a bit worried about the dehydration it is causing my body, especially since I’m pretty good at drinking water and eating water retaining fruits/veggies.

Hi xoxoem,

I've been on 50mg Spiro/day for about 8 months and sort of noticed the opposite. I think I feel less thirsty and dehydrated than when I started. I drink at least a couple of litres of water a day, usually more. Did you change brands maybe?

Have other things in your lifestyle changed recently? Maybe you're stressed or exercising more or drinking more alcohol or something? I hope you're feeling better soon.