Notifications
Clear all

Starting to lose hope and need help!

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 1:29 am

Hi there I have been suffering from what seems to be hormonal cystic acne.

i get large deep painful pimples almost one new one every day. On my jawline, chin, lower cheeks.

I have tried taking supplements such as vit a, d, e, zinc, omega-3. I have tried many topical creams. All prescribed were so harsh on my overly sensitive skin. And Ive tried natural such as lemon juice, ACV topically and ingesting it.

I eat fairly healthy and stay very active.

I am losing my mind even a dermatologist just prescribes me harsh creams so I dont even know where to turn to at this point.

Its been taking over my life causing anxiety and lowering my self-esteem. I dont want to go out because of it and I dont enjoy my time whenever I am out because Im so overly self conscious.

I need help!!

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/11/2019 7:49 am

Hi. I am going through the same thing. I have had pretty good skin until this summer. The last 6 months have been awful. My jawline, chin and cheeks have new spots daily. I gave a wonderful GP and dermatologist that have been such a lifeline for me...I do have to travel 2 hours to see my dermatologist, but it's worth it. She just put me on aldactone 100mg daily. My hormone levels are normal but she thinks my body has become super sensitive to my testosterone and the aldactone will block it. It usually takes 3 months to really kick in, though, so she told me to be patient. Most of the reviews and comments on aldactone are fantastic. Most say it has saved their life and sanity. I'm hoping to have those results. I also have stopped going out and socializing. My friends and sisters text me daily to check on me and completeyunderstand. My 3 children also have been amazing. My husband, however, doesn't seem to understand the psychological effect of all this. He says he loves me no matter what and wants to go and do things. I feel awful, but I just can't socialize yet. Is it vain, is it crazy? Maybe, but mentally I feel drained and lost. I pray daily that this aldactone will kick in (it's only been 2 weeks, though). I hope this helps you to know you're not alone. I'm out here with you.

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/11/2019 10:01 am

Hey love. I was in your position many years back. Please don't mind the typing (I'm at work lol and just trying to tell you what to do).I tried numerous prescriptions, diets, organic treatments, etc. I am now 29. I had severe acne when I was 19 and broke out till the age of 25. I have finally found the solutions to clear skin with just one tip. Before I tell you what to use, I want to explain why you're breaking out. Right now you have layers of dead skin sitting on the surface of your skin, mixing with sebum (oil) that contributes to plugs, aka acne. Your skin is most likely dry and oily (combination) which means it's irritated. You have dry skin cells sitting on the surface of your skin mixing with products/oil. The reason why you're breaking out is due to excess DEAD SKIN mixing with oil. Our skin is slightly acidic around 4.0 to 6.0. You could be stripping your skin of it's NMFS (natural moisturizing factors) thus producing more oil. You see when you strip your skin of oil, it produces more! We have an acid mantle made of lipids (fats) and water that keeps our skin hydrated, and prevents trans-epidermal water loss. YOU NEED YOUR SEBUM/OIL, but stripping it all the time creates TOO MUCH OIL. I'm not sure if you knew all this, if you did I apologize for repeating it, I just want to make sure you're educated before you buy tons of products that make promises. it's important to be educated, before buying things and applying to your face. Now follow my routine for a month and I guarantee you will clear up. You'll see results in 7 days.

MORNING OR NIGHT (ONCE A DAY): Take a shower once a day, morning or night and avoid shampoo/water on the face as it's alkaline and strips the skin barrier, thus producing excess dry skin cells and oil that clog your "pores". Once you are done shampooing, at the very end of your shower cleanse your skin with CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER for less than a minute, do not scrub or tug. Scrubbing leads to more dry skin cells. Use your finger lips lightly. Drench/soak your face in a lot of water andNow while your skin is WET (THIS IS THE KEY TO CLEAR SKIN) apply Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion in soft circular motions to wet skin, or melt it in the skin. Trap water in your skin. THIS IS THE SECRET. You will notice some redness on the skin because your skin is desquamating (shedding all those layers of dead skin, showing your real skin). You will see acne rise to the surface that's been hiding under your skin. THE KEY TO THIS IS APPLYING LOTION TO WET SKIN. OUR SKIN CELLS NEED WATER TO SHED EFFECTIVELY! For years, I was applying lotion to dry skin. This was wrong! A dermatologist taught me it has to go on wet skin!!!! WET SKIN. THAT'S YOUR ANSWER. Why do you think acne meds make you worse before better??? Your dry dead skin cells are SHEDDING AND SHOWING YOUR ACNE UNDERNEATH, THAT'S BEEN HIDING! INSTEAD, DO THIS ROUTINE WHICH DOES THE SAME. THIS IS WHAT THE DERMTAUGHT ME!! WET SKIN AND LOTION OR CREAMIS THE KEY

- Now If you don't like Cetaphil (which I don't like a few of their products) you can do it with a different cleanser and moisturizer, as long as you apply to wet skin, however I will say this. Your cleanser needs some type of absorbent agent (examples are zinc, salt, minerals, etc) while your moisturizer moisturizers and creates a film that acts as a barrier against water loss. The reason for absorbentsis some people suffer sebborheic dermatitis, perioral dermatitis, rosacea, etc and think they have acne! HA! that's what I thought until I switched to a cleanser like Cetaphil DAILY and bam all issues went away. I had facial dandruff! If your acne is itchy, you def have what I had. If not, you have acne which this method is also effective. down below are my tips:

- Tip One: Cleanse once a day, morning or night. Too much cleansing strips the barrier, producing excess oil and dry dead skin cells causingacne! For a month, you should drop all products/makeup and usethe two products I mentioned and THAT'S IT. IFyou can't, I would say at night do my routine, and in the morning do my routine again, cleansing for only less than a minute and applying the lotion. to WET SKIN (that's the secret)Then waiting an hour and applying your primer/makeup. if you don't wear make-up, just do the routine once a day! Doing the routine twice a day won't kill you, as long as you cleanse for less than a minute each time and apply the lotion to WETTTTTTT SKIN!

Tip Two: No more exfoliating, makes-up wipes, nothing! Make-up wipes leave reside that can cause contact dermatitis which looks like acne. Exfoliating changes the ph of skin causing more dead skin cells, and the process repeats. Your moisturizer to wet skin is exfoliation! you will see all that gunk desquamate/shed. our cells shed by water and lipids. your water from the shower and your lipids from the lotion.

Tip Three: No more extra rinses at the sink, nothing. Your face touches water only when you do the routine which is ONCE A DAY (MY BEST SUGGESTION) BUT TWICE IF YOUR A MAKEUP USER/GYM PERSON. Too much water exposure causes dry skin. Your skin needs water, only if it's trapped under a moisturizer. IF IT EVAPORATES, TRANSEPIDERMALWATER LOSS HAPPENS. our skin needs at least 10% of water to function normally.

Tip Four: NO WASHCLOTHS, NO CLARASONIC- THESE MECHANICAL DEVICES STRIP YOUR SKIN CAUSING MORE OIL PRODUCTION AND IRRITATION.

* MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING AND IF YOU FOLLOW THIS, I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE A TRANSFORMATION. I learned all of this from a dermatologist WHO SAVED MY SKIN!! message me If you have questions.

BTW i only recommended those products because they work the best compared to Cerave and Vanicream. I tried a lot of them, and found those two to give me amazing results.

Also, make sure to read the part about wet skin. that is literally the secret. something so simple. I really hope this helps bc I know how it feels to be insecure about acne!!!!! I want you to be free and happy!!! much love!

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 3:22 pm

7 hours ago, KarenM said:

Hi. I am going through the same thing. I have had pretty good skin until this summer. The last 6 months have been awful. My jawline, chin and cheeks have new spots daily. I gave a wonderful GP and dermatologist that have been such a lifeline for me...I do have to travel 2 hours to see my dermatologist, but it's worth it. She just put me on aldactone 100mg daily. My hormone levels are normal but she thinks my body has become super sensitive to my testosterone and the aldactone will block it. It usually takes 3 months to really kick in, though, so she told me to be patient. Most of the reviews and comments on aldactone are fantastic. Most say it has saved their life and sanity. I'm hoping to have those results. I also have stopped going out and socializing. My friends and sisters text me daily to check on me and completeyunderstand. My 3 children also have been amazing. My husband, however, doesn't seem to understand the psychological effect of all this. He says he loves me no matter what and wants to go and do things. I feel awful, but I just can't socialize yet. Is it vain, is it crazy? Maybe, but mentally I feel drained and lost. I pray daily that this aldactone will kick in (it's only been 2 weeks, though). I hope this helps you to know you're not alone. I'm out here with you.

Maybe I will mention that next time I go for an appointment! Its actually insane how intense it can be on mental and emotional health. And its nice knowing Im not the only one going completely crazy. My boyfriend thinks its still how much it affects me but he has been supportive. I cried for an hour today cause I have a social event and all I can think about is my horrible skin!

I hope it works for you!! Have you noticed any side effects from it?

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 3:37 pm

5 hours ago, lovablemama said:

Hey love. I was in your position many years back. Please don't mind the typing (I'm at work lol and just trying to tell you what to do). I tried numerous prescriptions, diets, organic treatments, etc. I am now 29. I had severe acne when I was 19 and broke out till the age of 25. I have finally found the solutions to clear skin with just one tip. Before I tell you what to use, I want to explain why you're breaking out. Right now you have layers of dead skin sitting on the surface of your skin, mixing with sebum (oil) that contributes to plugs, aka acne. Your skin is most likely dry and oily (combination) which means it's irritated. You have dry skin cells sitting on the surface of your skin mixing with products/oil. The reason why you're breaking out is due to excess DEAD SKIN mixing with oil. Our skin is slightly acidic around 4.0 to 6.0. You could be stripping your skin of it's NMFS (natural moisturizing factors) thus producing more oil. You see when you strip your skin of oil, it produces more! We have an acid mantle made of lipids (fats) and water that keeps our skin hydrated, and prevents trans-epidermal water loss. YOU NEED YOUR SEBUM/OIL, but stripping it all the time creates TOO MUCH OIL. I'm not sure if you knew all this, if you did I apologize for repeating it, I just want to make sure you're educated before you buy tons of products that make promises. it's important to be educated, before buying things and applying to your face. Now follow my routine for a month and I guarantee you will clear up. You'll see results in 7 days. 

MORNING OR NIGHT (ONCE A DAY): Take a shower once a day, morning or night and avoid shampoo/water on the face as it's alkaline and strips the skin barrier, thus producing excess dry skin cells and oil that clog your "pores". Once you are done shampooing, at the very end of your shower cleanse your skin with CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER for less than a minute, do not scrub or tug. Scrubbing leads to more dry skin cells. Use your finger lips lightly. Drench/soak your face in a lot of water and Now while your skin is WET (THIS IS THE KEY TO CLEAR SKIN) apply Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion in soft circular motions to wet skin, or melt it in the skin. Trap water in your skin. THIS IS THE SECRET. You will notice some redness on the skin because your skin is desquamating (shedding all those layers of dead skin, showing your real skin). You will see acne rise to the surface that's been hiding under your skin. THE KEY TO THIS IS APPLYING LOTION TO WET SKIN. OUR SKIN CELLS NEED WATER TO SHED EFFECTIVELY! For years, I was applying lotion to dry skin. This was wrong! A dermatologist taught me it has to go on wet skin!!!! WET SKIN. THAT'S YOUR ANSWER. Why do you think acne meds make you worse before better??? Your dry dead skin cells are SHEDDING AND SHOWING YOUR ACNE UNDERNEATH, THAT'S BEEN HIDING! INSTEAD, DO THIS ROUTINE WHICH DOES THE SAME. THIS IS WHAT THE DERM TAUGHT ME!! WET SKIN AND LOTION OR CREAM IS THE KEY

- Now If you don't like Cetaphil (which I don't like a few of their products) you can do it with a different cleanser and moisturizer, as long as you apply to wet skin, however I will say this. Your cleanser needs some type of absorbent agent (examples are zinc, salt, minerals, etc) while your moisturizer moisturizers and creates a film that acts as a barrier against water loss. The reason for absorbents is some people suffer sebborheic dermatitis, perioral dermatitis, rosacea, etc and think they have acne! HA! that's what I thought until  I switched to a cleanser like Cetaphil DAILY and bam all issues went away. I had facial dandruff! If your acne is itchy, you def have what I had. If not, you have acne which this method is also effective. down below are my tips:

- Tip One: Cleanse once a day, morning or night. Too much cleansing strips the barrier, producing  excess oil and dry dead skin cells causing acne! For a month, you should drop all products/makeup and use the two products I mentioned and THAT'S IT. IF you can't, I would say at night do my routine, and in the morning do my routine again, cleansing for only less than a minute and applying the lotion. to WET SKIN (that's the secret) Then waiting an hour and applying your primer/makeup. if you don't wear make-up, just do the routine once a day! Doing the routine twice a day won't kill you, as long as you cleanse for less than a minute each time and apply the lotion to WETTTTTTT SKIN!

Tip Two: No more exfoliating, makes-up wipes, nothing! Make-up wipes leave reside that can cause contact dermatitis which looks like acne. Exfoliating changes the ph of skin causing more dead skin cells, and the process repeats. Your moisturizer to wet skin is exfoliation! you will see all that gunk desquamate/shed. our cells shed by water and lipids. your water from the shower and your lipids from the lotion.

Tip Three: No more extra rinses at the sink, nothing. Your face touches water only when you do the routine which is ONCE A DAY (MY BEST SUGGESTION) BUT TWICE IF YOUR A MAKEUP USER/GYM PERSON. Too much water exposure causes dry skin. Your skin needs water, only if it's trapped under a moisturizer. IF IT EVAPORATES, TRANSEPIDERMAL WATER LOSS HAPPENS. our skin needs at least 10% of water to function normally. 

Tip Four: NO WASHCLOTHS, NO CLARASONIC- THESE MECHANICAL DEVICES STRIP YOUR SKIN CAUSING MORE OIL PRODUCTION AND IRRITATION.

* MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERYTHING AND IF YOU FOLLOW THIS, I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE A TRANSFORMATION. I learned all of this from a dermatologist WHO SAVED MY SKIN!! message me If you have questions.

BTW  i only recommended those products because they work the best compared to Cerave and Vanicream. I tried a lot of them, and found those two to give me amazing results. 

Also, make sure to read the part about wet skin. that is literally the secret. something so simple. I really hope this helps bc I know how it feels to be insecure about acne!!!!! I want you to be free and happy!!! much love!

Wow, thank you for all of this!! I™m starting to learn that less is more. I™m constantly adding and taking out products that I think might work and never do so I™m just winging it at this point. 

I just need a solid routine to stick to for a good period of time. I am definitely going to try what you did! And start putting lotion on wet skin! I always put it on once my face is dry!

I am a makeup wearer and I definitely don™t have to confidence to not wear makeup in public or at work so I will do my face washing at night! 

Thank you so much for your response! It helps knowing that there™s people that have been in the same boat as me. It just gets so hard when you™re so discouraged and think there™s no fixing it. But this seems simple enough to for sure stick to and hopefully gets results! :)

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 4:26 pm

1 hour ago, lolo202 said:

Maybe I will mention that next time I go for an appointment! It™s actually insane how intense it can be on mental and emotional health. And it™s nice knowing I™m not the only one going completely crazy. My boyfriend thinks it™s still how much it affects me but he has been supportive. I cried for an hour today cause  I have a social event and all I can think about is my horrible skin!

I hope it works for you!! Have you noticed any side effects from it?

46 minutes ago, lolo202 said:

Wow, thank you for all of this!! I™m starting to learn that less is more. I™m constantly adding and taking out products that I think might work and never do so I™m just winging it at this point. 

I just need a solid routine to stick to for a good period of time. I am definitely going to try what you did! And start putting lotion on wet skin! I always put it on once my face is dry!

I am a makeup wearer and I definitely don™t have to confidence to not wear makeup in public or at work so I will do my face washing at night! 

Thank you so much for your response! It helps knowing that there™s people that have been in the same boat as me. It just gets so hard when you™re so discouraged and think there™s no fixing it. But this seems simple enough to for sure stick to and hopefully gets results! :)

This is what I picked up! Is this what you use? There™s a few different creams

E9623382-28DB-413C-BAFF-1AE170C19D51.jpeg

6 hours ago, lovablemama said:

Hey love. I was in your position many years back. Please don't mind the typing (I'm at work lol and just trying to tell you what to do). I tried numerous prescriptions, diets, organic treatments, etc. I am now 29. I had severe acne when I was 19 and broke out till the age of 25. I have finally found the solutions to clear skin with just one tip. Before I tell you what to use, I want to explain why you're breaking out. Right now you have layers of dead skin sitting on the surface of your skin, mixing with sebum (oil) that contributes to plugs, aka acne. Your skin is most likely dry and oily (combination) which means it's irritated. You have dry skin cells sitting on the surface of your skin mixing with products/oil. The reason why you're breaking out is due to excess DEAD SKIN mixing with oil. Our skin is slightly acidic around 4.0 to 6.0. You could be stripping your skin of it's NMFS (natural moisturizing factors) thus producing more oil. You see when you strip your skin of oil, it produces more! We have an acid mantle made of lipids (fats) and water that keeps our skin hydrated, and prevents trans-epidermal water loss. YOU NEED YOUR SEBUM/OIL, but stripping it all the time creates TOO MUCH OIL. I'm not sure if you knew all this, if you did I apologize for repeating it, I just want to make sure you're educated before you buy tons of products that make promises. it's important to be educated, before buying things and applying to your face. Now follow my routine for a month and I guarantee you will clear up. You'll see results in 7 days. 

MORNING OR NIGHT (ONCE A DAY): Take a shower once a day, morning or night and avoid shampoo/water on the face as it's alkaline and strips the skin barrier, thus producing excess dry skin cells and oil that clog your "pores". Once you are done shampooing, at the very end of your shower cleanse your skin with CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL CLEANSER for less than a minute, do not scrub or tug. Scrubbing leads to more dry skin cells. Use your finger lips lightly. Drench/soak your face in a lot of water and Now while your skin is WET (THIS IS THE KEY TO CLEAR SKIN) apply Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion in soft circular motions to wet skin, or melt it in the skin. Trap water in your skin. THIS IS THE SECRET. You will notice some redness on the skin because your skin is desquamating (shedding all those layers of dead skin, showing your real skin). You will see acne rise to the surface that's been hiding under your skin. THE KEY TO THIS IS APPLYING LOTION TO WET SKIN. OUR SKIN CELLS NEED WATER TO SHED EFFECTIVELY! For years, I was applying lotion to dry skin. This was wrong! A dermatologist taught me it has to go on wet skin!!!! WET SKIN. THAT'S YOUR ANSWER. Why do you think acne meds make you worse before better??? Your dry dead skin cells are SHEDDING AND SHOWING YOUR ACNE UNDERNEATH, THAT'S BEEN HIDING! INSTEAD, DO THIS ROUTINE WHICH DOES THE SAME. THIS IS WHAT THE DERM TAUGHT ME!! WET SKIN AND LOTION OR CREAM IS THE KEY

- Now If you don't like Cetaphil (which I don't like a few of their products) you can do it with a different cleanser and moisturizer, as long as you apply to wet skin, however I will say this. Your cleanser needs some type of absorbent agent (examples are zinc, salt, minerals, etc) while your moisturizer moisturizers and creates a film that acts as a barrier against water loss. The reason for absorbents is some people suffer sebborheic dermatitis, perioral dermatitis, rosacea, etc and think they have acne! HA! that's what I thought until  I switched to a cleanser like Cetaphil DAILY and bam all issues went away. I had facial dandruff! If your acne is itchy, you def have what I had. If not, you have acne which this method is also effective. down below are my tips:

- Tip One: Cleanse once a day, morning or night. Too much cleansing strips the barrier, producing  excess oil and dry dead skin cells causing acne! For a month, you should drop all products/makeup and use the two products I mentioned and THAT'S IT. IF you can't, I would say at night do my routine, and in the morning do my routine again, cleansing for only less than a minute and applying the lotion. to WET SKIN (that's the secret) Then waiting an hour and applying your primer/makeup. if you don't wear make-up, just do the routine once a day! Doing the routine twice a day won't kill you, as long as you cleanse for less than a minute each time and apply the lotion to WETTTTTTT SKIN!

Tip Three: No more extra rinses at the sink, nothing. Your face touches water only when you do the routine which is ONCE A DAY (MY BEST SUGGESTION) BUT TWICE IF YOUR A MAKEUP USER/GYM PERSON. Too much water exposure causes dry skin. Your skin needs water, only if it's trapped under a moisturizer. IF IT EVAPORATES, TRANSEPIDERMAL WATER LOSS HAPPENS. our skin needs at least 10% of water to function normally. 

BTW  i only recommended those products because they work the best compared to Cerave and Vanicream. I tried a lot of them, and found those two to give me amazing results. 

Is this what you use? I just picked it up, there™s a few different creams 

95DCF662-141B-47E4-8E2A-4B7EBC8A8AAB.jpeg

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/11/2019 5:09 pm

I had to cut my 100 mg pill in 4 and take in intervals for the first week (if I took it all at once I had terrible cramping). Now I cut it in 1/2 and take 1/2 in morning and 1/2 at noon. No problems with it so far. I really feel that if you are indeed having hormone issues (evident from jawline acne), then a washing routine would help but might not stop the problem.  I would suggest talking with your dermatologist about aldactone. I'll try and keep you posted on how (hopefully) it helps me! If your new routine works, great! If not, then you have a plan B. I know I'm tired if missing out on life because of anxiety about my face :(

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:09 pm

Do not use the gentle one and do not use the moisturizerwith SPF. Im sorry love those aren't the products. Do you have your receipt? It's Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with green,twist pump and the Daily Facial Cleanser. NOT GENTLE,use the daily one. The daily one is more effective bc it contains some absorbents that will take away redness, dandruff, rosacea, excess oil that yeast thrives on, etc. The gentle one is great, but the daily works better for all situations, and especially if you're a makeup user since the gentle one doesn't really take off makeup. I like the daily one too bc it prevents facial redness and dandruff (acne sufferers have facial dandruff).So this is what you do. I will send pics of the two bottles, let me just explain what u do.

Morning: Shower, avoid soap on face, water,washcloths, mechanical devices, sponges, all of it!Atthe end of the shower...cleanse face with the daily facial wash and your fingers for about 40 secondsand drench skin in water (water and cleanser should touch your face no more than two minutes)and immediately lock in water on the skin using the daily lotion. What you did here is you avoided long contact with water, you soaked your face in water, and you added a moisturizer that locks in water, to prevent TEWL-trans-epidermal water loss. You will see acne rise to the surface, even red skin that's been under surface layers of dead skin clogging your pores. In an hour, skin will be less red and glowing. Wait an hour to apply make-up. very important. You need to desquamate- shed dead skin cells before applying.

Night: Do the same thing. NO SCRUBS, MECHANICAL DEVICES, NO EXTRA RINSING. NO MAKE-UP WIPES!!!!!! AVOID! THE CLEANSER WILL REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP GENTLY. Acne isn't caused by products (unless they are alkaline of course and harsh), it's caused by dead skin cells due to being harsh and stripping the skin, I learned this the hard way. Since I've stopped scrubbing and applied moisturizer to a wet face, acne doesn't stand a chance.

Make-up- I suggest Mac Studio Fix Powder since it can be applied on top of the lotion, you just pat it on with a brush. Apply make-up an hour later as mentioned above. very crucial. If you want a primer I would go for Clinique Dramatically Different Cream (it's yellow in a jar and it's matte) or just add a little bit more cetaphil lotion and immediately apply the powder as it needs to stick to the lotion (as all powders do). If you like your makeup, stick with it but just apply it AN HOUR LATER AFTER YOUR ROUTINE. You need that hour to shed. Oh another foundation I like is cover girl matte. that's great. has silica in it that's been studied to reduce acne and decrease excess oil. If it were my way, I'd tell you to skip the whole make-up and do the routine once a day, but I totally understand what you're going thru and it's so so so hard!!!! So just take it day by day and keep me posted. Do this for a month. 7 days results should be seen. You'll def see acne coming to the surface bc you have layers of dead skin cells sitting on your face. people without acne have less layers bc their skin isn't dry and oily. You need your skin to become BALANCED.Let me go find those pics for you. I'll send you a video too of the dermatologist who saved my skin!

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:17 pm

4 minutes ago, lovablemama said:

Do not use the gentle one and do not use the moisturizerwith SPF. Im sorry love those aren't the products. Do you have your receipt? It's Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with green,twist pump and the Daily Facial Cleanser. NOT GENTLE,use the daily one. The daily one is more effective bc it contains some absorbents that will take away redness, dandruff, rosacea, excess oil that yeast thrives on, etc. The gentle one is great, but the daily works better for all situations, and especially if you're a makeup user since the gentle one doesn't really take off makeup. I like the daily one too bc it prevents facial redness and dandruff (acne sufferers have facial dandruff).So this is what you do. I will send pics of the two bottles, let me just explain what u do.

Morning: Shower, avoid soap on face, water,washcloths, mechanical devices, sponges, all of it!Atthe end of the shower...cleanse face with the daily facial wash and your fingers for about 40 secondsand drench skin in water (water and cleanser should touch your face no more than two minutes)and immediately lock in water on the skin using the daily lotion. What you did here is you avoided long contact with water, you soaked your face in water, and you added a moisturizer that locks in water, to prevent TEWL-trans-epidermal water loss. You will see acne rise to the surface, even red skin that's been under surface layers of dead skin clogging your pores. In an hour, skin will be less red and glowing. Wait an hour to apply make-up. very important. You need to desquamate- shed dead skin cells before applying.

Night: Do the same thing. NO SCRUBS, MECHANICAL DEVICES, NO EXTRA RINSING. NO MAKE-UP WIPES!!!!!! AVOID! THE CLEANSER WILL REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP GENTLY. Acne isn't caused by products, it's caused by dead skin cells due to being harsh and stripping the skin, I learned this the hard way. Since I've stopped scrubbing and applied moisturizer to a wet face, acne doesn't stand a chance.

Make-up- I suggest Mac Studio Fix Powder since it can be applied on top of the lotion, you just pat it on with a brush. Apply make-up an hour later as mentioned above. very crucial. If you want a primer I would go for Clinique Dramatically Different Cream (it's yellow in a jar and it's matte) or just add a little bit more cetaphil lotion and immediately apply the powder as it needs to stick to the lotion (as all powders do). If you like your makeup, stick with it but just apply it AN HOUR LATER AFTER YOUR ROUTINE. You need that hour to shed. Oh another foundation I like is cover girl matte. that's great. has silica in it that's been studied to reduce acne and decrease excess oil. If it were my way, I'd tell you to skip the whole make-up and do the routine once a day, but I totally understand what you're going thru and it's so so so hard!!!! So just take it day by day and keep me posted. Do this for a month. 7 days results should be seen. You'll def see acne coming to the surface bc you have layers of dead skin cells sitting on your face. people without acne have less layers bc their skin isn't dry and oily. You need your skin to become BALANCED.Let me go find those pics for you. I'll send you a video too of the dermatologist who saved my skin!

Oh shoot thats okay Ill just give those ones to my boyfriend lol. I didnt see one that said daily cleanser at shoppers maybe Ill try somewhere else! And thanks for the tips!! Im excited to try a new routine. And is good to be councious of all these new things cause I definitely wasnt before!

Ill start it tomorrow once I get the right products and I will keep you posted on the progress!!

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:18 pm

https://www.cetaphil.com/daily-facial-cleanser

https://www.cetaphil.com/moisturizing-lotion

There I put the links. down below is the dermatologist named Dr.Dray. Watch her videos in your free time. she's amazing. all of her videos educate. Applying moisturizer to a wet face is really key. Also read my comment above, I explain what to do with make-up and how to do the routine. I don't want you to miss that. I hope this helps and you can finally be free!

I just read your post. Yeah stick to the routine and don't add extra things, especially make-up wipes. those are the devil! they leave residue that can cause dermatitis which looks like acne.

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:43 pm

one more thing I forgot, if you don't want to do the routine twice a day, just do it at night and apply makeup In the morning without cleansing. Too much cleansing strips the barrier, leading to more dead dry skin build up. the point is do the routine once or twice a day, avoiding long contact with water, and when you do cleanse, TRAP THE WATER IN YOUR SKIN WITH THAT LOTION. AND FOR AN HOUR LET IT SIT. THAT'S THE KEY. OK I'M GETTING OFF THIS LOL. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/11/2019 7:59 pm

1 hour ago, lovablemama said:

one more thing I forgot, if you don't want to do the routine twice a day, just do it at night and apply makeup In the morning without cleansing. Too much cleansing strips the barrier, leading to more dead dry skin build up. the point is do the routine once or twice a day, avoiding long contact with water, and when you do cleanse, TRAP THE WATER IN YOUR SKIN WITH THAT LOTION. AND FOR AN HOUR LET IT SIT. THAT'S THE KEY. OK I'M GETTING OFF THIS LOL. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.

Thank you so much for all your time and info!! It™s been really helpful already!! I™ll be sure to follow these routines and tips and check out those videos! 

You have a great night as well :)

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/12/2019 11:03 am

Ok love keep me posted and message me if you have any questions. Have a great day!

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/13/2019 12:28 pm

On 1/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, lovablemama said:

Do not use the gentle one and do not use the moisturizer with SPF. Im sorry love those aren't the products. Do you have your receipt? It's Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with green, twist pump and the Daily Facial Cleanser. NOT GENTLE, use the daily one. The daily one is more effective bc it contains some absorbents that will take away redness, dandruff, rosacea, excess oil that yeast thrives on, etc. The gentle one is great, but the daily works better for all situations, and especially if you're a makeup user since the gentle one doesn't really take off makeup. I like the daily one too bc it prevents facial redness and dandruff (acne sufferers have facial dandruff). So this is what you do. I will send pics of the two bottles, let me just explain what u do.

Morning: Shower, avoid soap on face, water, washcloths, mechanical devices, sponges, all of it! At the end of the shower...cleanse face with the daily facial wash and your fingers for about 40 seconds and drench skin in water  (water and cleanser should touch your face no more than two minutes) and immediately lock in water on the skin using the daily lotion. What you did here is you avoided long contact with water, you soaked your face in water, and you added a moisturizer that locks in water, to prevent TEWL-trans-epidermal water loss. You will see acne rise to the surface, even red skin that's been under surface layers of dead skin clogging your pores. In an hour, skin will be less red and glowing. Wait an hour to apply make-up. very important. You need to desquamate- shed dead skin cells before applying. 

Night: Do the same thing. NO SCRUBS, MECHANICAL DEVICES, NO EXTRA RINSING. NO MAKE-UP WIPES!!!!!! AVOID! THE CLEANSER WILL REMOVE YOUR MAKEUP GENTLY. Acne isn't caused by products (unless they are alkaline of course and harsh), it's caused by dead skin cells due to being harsh and stripping the skin, I learned this the hard way. Since I've stopped scrubbing and applied moisturizer to a wet face, acne doesn't stand a chance.

Make-up- I suggest Mac Studio Fix Powder since it can be applied on top of the lotion, you just pat it on with a brush.  Apply make-up an hour later as mentioned above. very crucial. If you want a primer I would go for Clinique Dramatically Different Cream (it's yellow in a jar and it's matte) or just add a little bit more cetaphil lotion and immediately apply the powder as it needs to stick to the lotion (as all powders do). If you like your makeup, stick with it but just apply it AN HOUR LATER AFTER YOUR ROUTINE. You need that hour to shed. Oh another foundation I like is cover girl matte. that's great. has silica in it that's been studied to reduce acne and decrease excess oil. If it were my way, I'd tell you to skip the whole make-up and do the routine once a day, but I totally understand what you're going thru and it's so so so hard!!!! So just take it day by day and keep me posted. Do this for a month. 7 days results should be seen. You'll def see acne coming to the surface bc you have layers of dead skin cells sitting on your face. people without acne have less layers bc their skin isn't dry and oily. You need your skin to become BALANCED. Let me go find those pics for you. I'll send you a video too of the dermatologist who saved my skin!

Okay I™m just lookin online to see the different ones. Are either of these the right moisturizers?

789C4C6B-EA94-41C4-BF03-14861A89E4BC.png

2CDAAC51-44F9-4B31-9F1F-667770ACEDC5.png

A847A3D9-2A26-4E24-8C40-6AF322AE181B.png

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 01/13/2019 12:32 pm

The first one and the third one. Not the packaged one in the white box. The first and the third are the classics

The only products I like by Cetaphil is the daily cleanser, the moisturizer I recommended, and the cream in the tub. Those are holy grail products. As long as you apply that lotion to wet skin youre good to go. When you run out of it and once your skin clears, try the cream. Its really nice too. Its actually the first product I tried by Cetaphil. Its good stuff. I use to like the gentle skin cleanser but my face would always be red afterwards. I found out why. It contained no absorbent ingredients to absorb excess oil that contributes to facial dandruff. Once I switched over, I was amazed by the results.

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 01/13/2019 12:54 pm

You've probably heard it before, but I would try significantly cutting down sugar and dairy for just one week, and increase consumption of leafy greens like spinach and just see what happens and how you feel

I wouldn't be surprised if you see that your skin is becoming much less inflamed

All of the topical routines are great as well

MemberMember
(@lolo202)

Posted : 01/13/2019 2:15 pm

1 hour ago, gutskinaxis said:

You've probably heard it before, but I would try significantly cutting down sugar and dairy for just one week, and increase consumption of leafy greens like spinach and just see what happens and how you feel

I wouldn't be surprised if you see that your skin is becoming much less inflamed

All of the topical routines are great as well

I have been slowly trying to tweak my diet. Im fairly conscious of sugar intake but dairy I find hard to cut out! I just have to commit.

thanks for the tip!

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/18/2019 12:45 am

Hey @lolo202

I hope youre getting some progress with dealing with acne.

If not here are a couple of tips that have worked for me over the years. Even though I still break out, the breakouts arent as big or rampant.

1. Diet: I truly feel like what you put in your body will ultimately come out through your skin, affect your hormones/sugar levels to spike and plummet, and have a tole on your mental health. So Im sure you know sugar, dairy, lots of grains, and processed foods will increase the likelyhood of break outs. So stay cautious of these food types.

2. Cleansers: For me any cleanser or lotion or anything to do with cleaning my face seems to break me out even more! So I literally just use water twice a day (morning and night). But everyone is susceptible to different things. I know the other day I was at the dermatologist and she wanted me to buy this cleanser and instead I just got a sample, to try it. Lo and behold I broke out instantly. White heads in spots I havent had in a while. So be careful spending loads of money on cleansers and products.

3: Pillows/ Face clothes: these were both contributing factors to my break outs from the harsh soaps involved in detergents. Also dryer sheets contributed as well.

4: Just because this has worked for me, doesnt mean it will work for you. Furthermore, anyone elses regimens on here may or may not work for you. Thats with no respect to the people in this chat attempting to help you as well. Point being, experiment and see what works for you and keep going. With time youwill find a good solution for yourself!