Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mgatsby

Candida overgrowth causing cystic acne?

Hi I’ve been clear of acne for the last 9/10 months diet and I think it was due to exposure to the sun, I also was eating better and working out regularly. I first started dealing with acne back in 2017 during winter at the time I was shocked as I never had it but until recently I’ve realised why. During my acne breakout I also have a flare up of seb derm around my nose. 

Ive started dealing with the same problems again, when i broke out Initually thought I should moisturize more which backfired and caused more pimples to be formed. And so I decided to research and I came across a video by Toby Gomez on YouTube about seb derm and cystic acne being cured by cavemen regimen.

So I started the cavemen regimen but I modified it by washing my face twice a day, and initially it was horrible and my face was dry af, but after few days it got better. But after 3 week I broke out with a two red colored pimples/cysts with no head, initially it was tender when I touched it but I decided I didn’t want to spread or make anything worse so since then I’ve just been icing it, so that’s all I’m going to do from now on. 

The past 8 months I’ve had such a basic regimen that worked I’d wash face twice a day and apply cetaphil moisturiser, but I think now it isn’t as effective as it’s feeding the seb derm.

I need to mention that the last two months I’ve been consuming a diet consisting of mostly sugar and carbs. I’ve been dealing with chronic fatigue, stress, mood swings, IBS. I’m dealing with sleep deprivation. I started researching and realised I may have Candida.

I have a history of depression/anxiety possible bipolar so during these moments I don’t keep track of myself. I normally have my gradmother cook my meals however she’s abroad and Im recently unemployed which has been caused by all the stress I was dealing with I just quit.  

My acne breakout isn’t crazy  Id say it’s a mild breakout but this is the most I’ve ever gotten, however they’re cysts which could leave scars, so it’s pretty serious. I don’t know why I’ve written all this I’m just having a mental breakdown one of the pimples will leave a rolling/boxscar on the side of my face which has shattered my confidence. 

What could I do internally to fix my problems? I’m currently not consuming any sugar so that’s a start, but what else can I do? 

If you read this far thanks, half of what I wrote is fragmented and all over the place so I apologise I’m just having a panick attack.

Edited by Mgatsby

Try cutting out all processed foods and grains/dairy! Helped me a lot. I consume a lot of potatoes, chickpeas, coconut yogurt, and sautéed vegetables! Everyone’s body is different but I found I have way less breakouts the more digestiable my food is. 

Try cutting out all processed foods and grains/dairy! Helped me a lot. I consume a lot of potatoes, chickpeas, coconut yogurt, and sautéed vegetables! Everyone’s body is different but I found I have way less breakouts the more digestiable my food is.