Notifications
Clear all

URGENT HELP Had a huge cyst or nodule worried about scarring

MemberMember
(@mgatsby)

Posted : 01/10/2019 3:51 pm

I need advice regarding my scarring it™s really affecting me mentally I™ve dealt with cystic acne in the past with no significant scarring. I™ve been clear last 10 months until a month ago after really bad sleeping pattern stress and diet, which I™m currently trying to improve. 

Im also worried about active pimples that may lead to scarring as well I™ve attached both photos one of the scar and the other is pimples I have currently dealing with. 

Ive been super depressed about the scar but I™ve accepted it however I hope someone can advice on the active ones and I can possibly prevent it from scarring. I touched it at first because I didn™t know what it was as it didn™t form a head but since then I™ve just been applying ice and not touching. 

21F77B52-08E5-45A6-86E2-914970B336C3.jpeg

CAF06BC6-2310-4B3B-A7F3-D8A558781775.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tartan123)

Posted : 01/11/2019 4:51 am

I would suggest going to your dermatologist to get a cortisone shot.

It will make cystgo down with 24 hours.

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/11/2019 11:13 am

If you are concerned about scarring there are VERY effective lasers for EARLY acne scars (1-3 months old). Ask BeautifulAmbition, Im not sure what they're called.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/11/2019 11:48 am

@Mgatsby

I see all kinds of things here, some PIE which is wounding post acne, takes up to a year for some to heal from. You need picosure laser for your skin type or vascular laser. This is not scarring. IF that circle is a bump. You could get it injected with steriod but you also could create a diviot. in the skin. The only scar that I see is pic number 2 which is a healing wound. Do you use retin-a tretinorin or differin nightly? You need some turnover of the skin. You can also try silicone patches found in the pharmacy, but only if it's not infected (slow process). But yes you should be seen by a dermatologist. Wear sunscreen as you can make things worse. Speak to your dr about getting the pimples under control and this will prevent the wounds. Again they can treat the acne with laser like picosure or laser genesis. Look into acid peels like salicylic acid and mandelic acid or a mix for lightening the skin and opening pores.

If you truly have candida get your diet under control, goto a dr and work on this, and try a sulfur soap for acne.

MemberMember
(@mgatsby)

Posted : 01/11/2019 6:35 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Mgatsby

I see all kinds of things here, some PIE which is wounding post acne, takes up to a year for some to heal from. You need picosure laser for your skin type or vascular laser. This is not scarring. IF that circle is a bump. You could get it injected with steriod but you also could create a diviot. in the skin. The only scar that I see is pic number 2 which is a healing wound. Do you use retin-a tretinorin or differin nightly? You need some turnover of the skin. You can also try silicone patches found in the pharmacy, but only if it's not infected (slow process). But yes you should be seen by a dermatologist. Wear sunscreen as you can make things worse. Speak to your dr about getting the pimples under control and this will prevent the wounds. Again they can treat the acne with laser like picosure or laser genesis. Look into acid peels like salicylic acid and mandelic acid or a mix for lightening the skin and opening pores.

If you truly have candida get your diet under control, goto a dr and work on this, and try a sulfur soap for acne.

Ok thanks, with the second photo I can see few holesin the middle however what about the surrounding red skin will this also be part of adeep scar or is it just pigmentation? Idont know anything about acne scarring

I was planningon going to my GP for medication but with me fighting Candidataking antibiotics isnt recommended for the gut. I do plan to see a dermatologist however I need my GP to refer me (I am from UK) and this process can take up to several months, I can afford private treatment right now but I do plan to have laser surgery in the future. I also have a question could my low immune system be the cause of scarring? Ive not been well with Candida and Ive neve dealt with scarring before

Thanks for responding btw

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/12/2019 12:45 am

Yes it can, I don't respond much to this sub group... hyperpigmentation, but the gut can cause scars and skin issues. Your skin type ethnic is also prone to discoloration and sensitivity.

I know your trying to see a Derm. If your in the UK and can ever afford treatments out of pocket see Dr Chu.