Notifications
Clear all

How to remove/reduce the appearance of an old indented chicken pox scar? (eye area, asian skin)

MemberMember
(@gainfulhope)

Posted : 01/10/2019 2:03 am

I want to remove/reduce the appearance of an old indented chicken pox scar (about 10 years old). However, I™m unsure how I should go about it, since the scar is in the corner of my eye, so I don™t think dermarolling, subcision or microneedling will work. And since I™m Asian, I™m afraid of hyperpigmentation, which is one of the risks with laser (it™s also very expensive). If possible I would prefer the most non-invasive treatment possible, like chemical peels, creams, gels etc. Although, I™m unsure if any of those methods would work. I™ve done some research, and most people don™t seem to have much sucees. It might depend on how mild the scar is though. I don™t know if my scar is mild (surface), I think it™s moderate. Any help explain how severe the scar is would be appreciated! 

6699EB6B-3932-499F-B978-2FFDADBD5DB0.jpeg

15C8B475-24D2-4E21-9F6F-094DB7A4B979.jpeg

DAD48CE2-37F6-4D59-9CC9-FBDEDA95AC01.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/10/2019 7:59 am

Please goto a plastic surgeon, this is a incredibly dangerous areas as your aware, ... both the eye cavity, arteries, and veins, a facial plastic surgeon would be able to do something here. I cannot tell how severe the scar is, does not look bad to me,... does not show up clearly, but this area is asking for trouble to treat unless the person is incredibly skilled.

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/11/2019 2:21 pm

One tiny scar? I have had a chicken pox scar under my eye for as long as I can remember, who cares,? I'm pretty sure everyone has chicken pox scar(s)..Are you in South Korea by chance?

MemberMember
(@gainfulhope)

Posted : 01/12/2019 5:35 am

Thank you for the help! I took a picture in better quality. Could you maybe see the severity of the scar now? 

3E26E361-2DC0-48C3-B801-3A7ADF116015.jpeg

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/12/2019 6:42 am

No... Is it really worth getting surgery for? Maybe you have some BDD? No one is going to notice that I think you are obsessing over a tiny flaw. Are you in south korea?

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 01/12/2019 10:45 am

i cant see any scar please stay away from treatments..nobody will notice that on this earth

On 1/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, beautifulambition said:

Please goto a plastic surgeon, this is a incredibly dangerous areas as your aware, ... both the eye cavity, arteries, and veins, a facial plastic surgeon would be able to do something here. I cannot tell how severe the scar is, does not look bad to me,... does not show up clearly, but this area is asking for trouble to treat unless the person is incredibly skilled.

well beautiful ambition i also exactly have same scar like this butmore deeper than this..is it really imposible to treat ?

well i tried single needling that scar 3 times and the scar depth decreased but its diameter widened

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/13/2019 9:35 am

@Anish004You post often in"Scarless healing," have a few is it chicken pox scars. Have given you several solutions for them. Yet your hoping for"scarless healing." I believe from the picture I remember one scar between the eyebrows. I told you to consult a few plastic surgeons as this area is high movement. I would think they will want to do punch float, excision, or some filler under it and laser. A plastic surgeon would be best here, you know you need botox there for treatment. India is a vast place, I am sure there are tons of good Drs and you can look at the review sites for them. The Dr's I know who do subcision in India are in the FAQ, pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub, at the bottom. I would do a few consults and make your decision who you like best.

I never said anything was impossible to treat! Your not the OP, you do not have scars like her, her scars are close to they eye, they are not in the same location we cannot compare. Every scar patient is unique.

That is supposed to happen with needling, then you need filler and some peels or resurfacing. Goto a Dr don't mess around with this at home.

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 01/13/2019 10:58 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

@Anish004 You post often in "Scarless healing," have a few is it chicken pox scars. Have given you several solutions for them. Yet your hoping for "scarless healing." I believe from the picture I remember one scar between the eyebrows. I told you to consult a few plastic surgeons as this area is high movement. I would think they will want to do punch float, excision, or some filler under it and laser. A plastic surgeon would be best here, you know you need botox there for treatment. India is a vast place, I am sure there are tons of good Drs and you can look at the review sites for them. The Dr's I know who do subcision in India are in the FAQ, pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub, at the bottom. I would do a few consults and make your decision who you like best. 

I never said anything was impossible to treat! Your not the OP, you do not have scars like her, her scars are close to they eye, they are not in the same location we cannot compare. Every scar patient is unique.

That is supposed to happen with needling, then you need filler and some peels or resurfacing. Goto a Dr don't mess around with this at home. 

thanx @beautifulambition will look into the FAQ for doctots in india

anyways except those scars i have some textural issues enlarged pores and some scars(which didnt showed up in this pic)all over my cheek what i can do for that

20190113_212659.jpg

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/13/2019 11:06 am

Your skin looks fine to me :) 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/14/2019 12:54 pm

@Anish004Chicken pox scars could be fixed with some HA filler injected underneath , and some co2 laser to the scar wall to soften the transition or surgically with punch float.

Linear scars they can do some fractional laser, pores they can do tca cross or punch float.