Inflamed cystic acn...

Notifications
Clear all

Inflamed cystic acne

MemberMember
(@cantcatchabreak88)

Posted : 01/08/2019 10:44 pm

I'm a long time sufferer of cystic acne (got my first cyst at age 20). I would get it mainly around the time of my period so I figured it was hormonal and was on and off old with birth control for years (pill, depo shot, IUD etc)with little to no help. So that being said, for the last 5 months I've been getting these HORRIFIC AND CRIPPLING cyst like deep under the skin "pimples" that go from 0-100 within days that look inflamed and infected. The dermatologists put me on doxycycline (on and off for 2.5 years) little help, minocycline (6 months) made me sick to the stomach, Bactrim (infected cyst 10 days). Clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide (my skin got used to it). Now I've started tretenoin and I'm on ortho tri cyclen (1.5weeks) I have an active cyst that's really inflamed. My question is what the hell do I put on it in the meantime to calm the inflammation? My appt isn't for another week so i wont be able to get a cortisone shot till then.

I've took iboprofen(helps alittle). I've done warm compresses called by icing the cyst barely made a difference. Anything else?

Please help me I'm feeling super depressed over this and I feel it has taken over my life. If I cant cure it I at least would like to treat it at home

Fonuoha liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/08/2019 11:17 pm

@Cantcatchabreak88

Hey, I have been dealing with acne since Ive been twelve and still get cystic acne as I currently have one in my beard that has been there for 2 weeks. May I ask what your is like? I have mitigated my cystic acne through diet. I hope youre good mentally

MemberMember
(@cantcatchabreak88)

Posted : 01/09/2019 12:32 am

May I ask what's your diet like? So far I have cut dairy but I see little difference