Notifications
Clear all

Help- Acne Flareups from Vaping??

MemberMember
(@reflectivefruit)

Posted : 01/08/2019 6:37 pm

Hello Im new here so apologies if this has already been asked. Recently I think Ive found one thing other than intense stress that is guaranteed to break me out on the spot and it is vaping. Not even smoking, just vaping. In particular, because I havent really tried other kinds of vaping, oil cartridges, aka weed pens. (They are legal where I live) Whats interesting is that it depends on the brand of cartridge I use. 100% pure oil cartridges without the additives that make it liquidy and vapeable seem to be better if not completely fine for me. But the other kinds with the additives are horrible for me and cause all sorts of inflammation, including acne breakouts on the spot andbad asthma. I was wondering what exactly is it that my body reacts to.I know there are PGs and VGs in there but theres also a hell of a lot of other crap that I dont know so Id like to try to find out. I use vape medically more than recreationally and it can actually help my acne in different ways so its pretty important for me.Smoking gives me a bit of acne and asthma too and I like to preserve my lungs and fitness. I know these oil cartridges are really popular these days, soI just want to know if anyone has had a similar experience or might know why this is happening?

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 01/08/2019 9:28 pm

MemberMember
(@understated4lyf)

Posted : 03/20/2019 10:41 am

I had SOME zit issues (as a females do) before I started vaping but not as bad as they are now. I'm getting painful, massive bouts of cystic acne which I never got before. I'm literally 100 percent sure it is due to vaping. I assumed this from 2 years ago and from EVERY single time when I've started and stopped vaping numerous times I have seen the difference in my skin. Vaping has made my skin so bad I literally can't control it with over the counter treatment and had to get pharmaceutical treatment from my doctor instead. Honestly, I've decided to put down vaping for the last time and I will definitely not be going back to cigarettes as I have strong willpower. The type of acne vaping has caused me has literally stopped me from wanting to go anywhere. At 24 years old I should not have this type of acne and it's only ever happens whenever I picked up the vape again. Believe me it's so bad and this is DEFINITELY a side effect of vaping. Even my boyfriend who is approaching 30 and always had great skin has been getting cystic spots since he started vaping whether it is high or low pg or VG or whatever it is. It is bad for the skin in general even if you are meticulous with your facial cleansing routine you will probably find you will gradually get worse skin while vaping. It's such a shame because it's a great alternative to smoking BUT give it some more time and I'm sure people will come to find there ARE more health risks associated with vaping and you'll be happy you stopped.

MemberMember
(@tabbycat90)

Posted : 03/28/2019 4:59 am

O my God!!! i saw this and had to register to reply. I am a 28 yr old female. I never had acne as a teenager but I've struggled with adult acne since I was 23. It was pretty moderate so it would come and go it was nothing major until my boyfriend introduced me to vaping. I was never a smoker smoker, I would smoke occasionally here and there at parties but never craved it or anything.

So i started Vaping everyday just for fun last year and slowly i began getting addicted to it. But i was convinced that this isn't bad for me so why should i stop. Then k started noticing my skin getting worse and worse, i started breaking out with the most ugliest pimples ever eventhough i was usingmy Tactu gel that the dermatologist prescribed.

It wasn't until I got really sick (flu) in Januarythat I had to stop vaping for a week and I saw a HUGE DIFFERENCE ON MY FACE, my face went from bumpy and red to flawless porcelain. It then occurred to me that it was vaping that was destroying my skin. Apparently it contains alot of irritants as well asglycerol with can clog your pores. Its best blow your vape cloud upwards making sure it doesn't touch your face and it possible...try to quit vaping. Cheers.

MemberMember
(@jennsylvania)

Posted : 04/02/2019 12:03 pm

Ahhhhhhh same there I™m 38 and Ive been a smoker since I was 13. I never broke out as a teen and I quit somking with help from vape. And it totally made me break out the hole time really bad. I relapsed just under 3 years and started smoking again. And my skin cleared up but smoking cigs drys out your face pretty bad. Anyway the crazy acne cleared up. So after smoking for like 1 1/2 years again. I started vaping this Jan to quit smoking again for good this time. But here we go again with gnarly cystic breakouts. Some of it never even turns to anything that would pop it™s more like a really painful welt that stings and is red and looks freakin awful. I hate talking to people I feel like that™s all they can see I wish I could wear a mask. I™m definitely gonna get off the vape. 

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/08/2022 8:13 am

In fact, many people have reported an increase in the presence of acne. Some vapers have noticed an increase in flare-ups after starting to vape, with some even noticing acne for the first time. These outbreaks are most common around the chin and mouth.