Notifications
Clear all

Need help

MemberMember
(@dapa123)

Posted : 01/08/2019 2:13 am

Im going to start accutane for second time, but i a have a doubt. When Im on accutane my acne tends to left me scars even when I dont touch it or squeeze it. How can I prevent scars this time? My dermatologist said that Ill not happen. When Im not taking accutane the big cysts dont dont left me scars, I think is because I use Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin, before when I taked first time accutane I dont used this. I need help

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/08/2019 3:59 am

It is difficult, but there are VERY effective lasers to treat EARLY scars. I am not sure what they are called, but early scar remodelling is very effective, watch some Davin Lim videos. Make sure your skin is always moisturised.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/08/2019 11:28 am

Sadly there is not much we can do prevent scars while your on acctutane. Don't pick the scars, let the Accutane do it's work. The skin will change even 6 months after you stop Accutane with improvement so it's a long process. The skin is very fragile while on Accutane wear sunscreen and moisturize. No harsh products or scrubs, eat a diet full of fruit and veg.

I am having trouble with what else your asking to help you.

Please post a picture of your scarring if you need help. Redness is always normal during this process as wounds heal.