Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Have Scars Like Me ?

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 12:26 am

Posting this for support and guideance. Are my scars considered severe ? Is there anyone here with scars similar to mine? Ugh i feel so alone sometimes , but I try to stay positive. 

So far I have tried many things with no real results.

My scars vary in age ,  but I started getting acne at 13 and I started scar treatments in 2012. Basically parts of my life have been miserable since age 13 so 15 damn years now.  ( I'll be 28 this July)

I have tried

Subcision

Sciton laser

Profractional laser 

Dermarolling 

Dermastamping 3 years

Needling 3 years

Tca peel

Tca cross

Excision 

So yeah I've tried a lot of things as you can tell !! None of these gave me results , I plan on trying fillers soon , I'm really hoping they work.  Has anyone tried fillers that have scars like mine?

oh yeah and laser made my skin worse and caused me to lose fat and it left more scars

My suggestion to all scar sufferers that are about to seek treatment avoid anything that damages the top layer of skin.  The top layer of my skin has been permanently damaged from laser and other probably from harsh chemicals.  Anyways when I try filler , I'll keep you guys posted.  Please respond if you have had filler.  Thanks ! 

Try to stay positive. 

20190106_213304.jpg

20190106_213259.jpg

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 12:41 am

I hate that so many people suffer from this , but at least we're not alone. And in my experience , lasers are a waste of money for indented scars. Have you tried fillers before?

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:11 am

Damn i have read some really good things about fillers. Which ones did you try ? And my scars vary depending on the lighting . I don't think yours look bad.

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:28 am

and floridagirl yours definitely are really really really hard to notice....i bet you my life if i met u in person i would never notice tem...floridagirl everyone looks SHIT in harsh lighting and when they turn there face like you have....u should know that

as for filler have done juvederm, restylane and juvederm voluma a filler thats supposed to last 2 years!!! after a month and when swelling goes down back to same again

tem = them

I think the best cure for acne scars is a psychologist/psychiatrist to combat bdd....noone is perfect some people short, some tall, some thin, some obese noone is perfect if we were wed be martians.....i am just abt to give up on physical drs just con you for more and more money for NO results

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:31 am

Thank you , I appreciate that , I really hope so. What filler did you try ? I want to try Restylane . I'm not aiming for perfect, but after 7 years of scar treatments , I'd like to see some improvement.

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:34 am

i did the 3 juverderm, juverderm voluma and restylane...yes u could give it a try but trust me doesnt work only lasts a month even less unless you want to do it once a month then when u get older your skin will be so fake and wrinkly from all filler treatments over the years

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:42 am

I'm going to give it a try soon. I don't mind having wrinkles as I get older , I just want to try to level out some of the indents I have now.  :(

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/07/2019 1:49 am

Me too I am exactly the same just dont know what to try at my age...probably fat transfer/grafts as I give up on subcision/fillers....

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 2:54 am

So when you got fillers , even though they only lasted a month , did they at least level things out for the time being ?

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/07/2019 3:04 am

hey floridagirl yes it did but maybe because im older than u......i think at 28 it should last longer for u but dont take me as a professor on the matter....this i why i am looking at getting fat injections/transfers.....

ask BA they said for me to get sculptra and subcision its just that i did subcision and filler 2 times and i still have those indents in my face....i dunno i think fat transfer for me?

sculptra is another filler i heard for people like me significant volume/fat loss well thats what i have been told.....plus

i still need to sort out my ice pick and boxcar scars....plenty of them especially on lhs.....photos attached first one is rhs and 2nd one lhs....what do you think?  do you think punch excision and then c02 laser after excision? will do 2-3 tca cross spots on rhs.....  doctor is only doing 8-9 scars on jan 17th and will post some afters the sutures come off

do u think they are severe?

Resized_20190104_075118_9234.jpeg

Resized_20190104_070851_6646.jpeg

MemberMember
(@florina994)

Posted : 01/07/2019 6:22 am

@floridagirl1991I think ur first step would be subsicion and suction, or subsicion + filler

How many subsicions have u done?

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 01/07/2019 11:27 am

Do you smoke/have a history of bad healing ?

I dont see why subcision wouldnt help, your scars are tailor-made for it.

How many times have you done it ? Multiple sesssions are usually necessary.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/07/2019 11:52 am

@floridagirl1991@tryinghard123

We have some comparison going on here, and ... posting in other people's posts telling them their scars are not as bad as your own. Can we not do that, please.

No scar case is the same, we are not clones, one person could do a million procedures and not be you, your all different ages, ethnic backgrounds, healing capabilities, plans for treatment, outcomes, different surgeons(they treat differently as well), etc, we could go on and on. The point being is never compare yourself to someone else. Sure you can learn from their experience but do we really know every single detail about what was done and why - no.If someone heals poorly or had a poor Dr they typically hang around here.

I see you had a lot of procedures(both) and I am sorry about that. Without knowing all the details of your scar work to analyze where things went wrong I can give generalized advice. @floridagirl1991 You do need extensive subcision maybe 6-10 sessions if nothing else has worked and you seem to have tethered rolling and boxcar scars. Yes filler should be done. On you with widespread scars I would do cannula subcision w/ over dilute sculptra throughout the cheeks to stimulate collagen, you may use HA filler later on ... individual pits. See Dr Wiener if your in Florida. @tryinghard123 we seem to keep getting into circular thinking, I have helped you through private message, ... you have age related fat loss, and some acne scars(not the same as Florida), you need sculptra also, much more to pull up the cheeks. You told me you want to do excisions, and a facelift to stretch things out w/ fat grafting, which is fine and this is ""your"" choice. Both have different concerns. @tryinghard123 says he has received"0%" improvement after many procedures which is theoretically not possible in the thousands of people I have helped, this is a first.

Let's go over some reasons why treatments may fail: auto-immune conditions, smoking, poor health and healing, poor treatment techniques by the Dr's, not doing enough treatments, expecting the skin to be glass smooth and instead having gradual % of change over a few years of treatment - many only get 50%, Doing energy work first and blasting the face thus loosing fat and collagen and complaining it got worse, re-occuring acne and scarring in different places, stress, antibiotics, anti depressants, hard drugs, alcohol and the liver, poor gut health, use of bad products that strip or hurt the skin, microneedling causing more scars when they have poor healing, excessive acid peels taking away layers of the skin. A big one is patients being cheap and not doing enough mls of filler, .5ml is not going to be enough filler for excessive scar work or fat loss. If subcision was done in the past with NO filler then yes it will do nothing, If you goto a general Derm and they are clueless this is also a big one, they can make things worse. Scar treatment is often over years time with excessive time of healing, it's not quick, so mono or singular treatments will not do it for your individual scars. Some people cannot do energy devices like laser - it will literally scar them... can't do microneedling ... can't do peels, all that is left is subcision and filler or invasive face lifts. Also the order treatment is done is very important. We don't pave a road correct before the potholes are fixed. When Dr's just laser they often are not fixing the pits.

Your going to tell me: ""but BA, the filler only lasted 1 month in me,"" this is not possible unless your a body builder or have a over active metabolism, ... what happens most of the time is the Dr says ""oh you have only that much, fine I will put a tiny bit of filler here."" Swelling goes away in a month, and patient complains we have no filler anymore, ... of course you didn't get enough. @tryinghard123 really badly wants a permanent filler so be it. But you can have complications "especially" if your a poor healer with health issues. What do you think happens as we age and the skin sags, the filler looks terrible there if injected excessively to fill pits.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/08/2019 4:56 pm

Will a facelift help acne scars ?

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/08/2019 5:01 pm

Hi Floridagirl I am thinking of a mini facelift as I have tried subcision, fillers and all that and it does NOT work and when I pull/stretch the skin taut the scars look so much better....it is better that that doing subcision and filler which lasts 1 month at best maybe not even that

With that I am thinking of adding fat grafts/transfers to fill in the divots too

MemberMember
(@swede_89)

Posted : 01/08/2019 6:40 pm

@floridagirl1991

thank you for sharing your journey! May I ask home many subscion sessions you done? ^_^

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/08/2019 10:51 pm

I read somewhere today that a facelift mainly corrects the muscle underneath the skin , so I don't know if a facelift would actually help scars. 

I had one subcision and I didn't notice any improvement. :/ sad , but true , I have no reason to lie

@tryinghard when you got the filler did it leave any lumps? I don't mean this is a mean way, but you said nothing worked , but the filler lasted for a month right? So did it level everything for a month ? I would settle for improvement even if it only lasts a month , I want my confidence back... If I could get a month with good skin after what I've been through I'd be happy !

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/08/2019 11:14 pm

13 minutes ago, floridagirl1991 said:

I want my confidence back... If I could get a month would good skin after what I've been through I'd be happy !

@floridagirl1991

Hey I just wanted to say I just got a subcision and restylane like 3 hours ago andspent a good amount of money for no results. I just got over another mental breakdown and seems like many more to come. I have an appointment with this renowned dermatologist here in Calgary. But again, I dont feel like I will get the results I want.I feel like everyone on this site should group together until we get free treatments and get results. I dontwant to live in isolation because of how I feel about my skin.. Im only 25... I want to live life to the fullest for the next 75 years and enjoy my life. Start a family, be with my family and friends not feel like Im being judged all the time. There has to be a way to fix this and not waiting 3 years to get bearly any results. We need to figure this out people!!!! There has to be a solution on this planet. If the human race can get to the moon and back safely we can fix some god damn wrinkles and acne scars. Lets work together to figure this out!!! Much love to everyone on this site.

Youre quote is what we all want @floridagirl1991

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/09/2019 12:15 am

Hey James ! I'm sorry to hear that ! Even the restylane didn't give you results? How much did they use? I'm sure you spent a lot of money.  I am so sorry.  :( Can you pm me pictures where the restylane  was injected? That's crazy that it didn't help.  And I can totally relate about mental break downs.  I had one today too. I am normally positive , but I couldn't stay out of the mirror today.  I'm sorry you're going through this too. We just need to keep fighting.  Acne and scars are a disease , we can't give up.  They will eventually come up with something. I hope. 

And please don't put your life on hold and don't isolate  yourself.  Get out in the world as much as you can. I push myself to go out and try to have Good time.  It's really hard sometimes, but I make myself do it.  The crazy thing is , the more you go out into the world , you'll realize that other people have acne and scars too. I've seen quite a few people with skin worse than mine. It made me feel not so alone.  The thing is , if I would have never pushed myself to get out there , I would have never seen them.  Just remember , I know we have it bad , but some have it worse.  And I'm sure you can still get married and have a family.  There's many women out there that would look right past your acne scars , I promise.

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:03 am

I am going to post this again here:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@JamesLGood Job James, as you know this it'sa marathon not a race, we have to build up the filler and do repeated subcisions to get your body to grow new collagen. Some people even do up to 8 subsicions or when they top-up yearly(they love the volume - this is not necessary) they continue subcisions.We want to stimulate your own natural collagen. This is why I suggested Dilute Sculptra. Even with Sculptra there is a waiting period with no results, then 3 months after wallah collagen grows. I also highly agree with you we have some disappointment or mental issues here where there is comparison and encouragement going on. Nothing the other posters posted has to do with your journey, be positive. Please be aware I saw in another of your post you said all that money and nothing. Do you know filler can plump up over night with water draw. Also subcision takes 3 months worse to better to stimulate collagen. Again we have to build up. Express your concerns to your Dr they are the one who should support their work, give it time. If next time he or she needs to be ore aggressive bring up that concern. Read below the biggest thing I see is patients not getting enough mls of filler to make a difference or the Dr not having time to subcise all the spots.

@acne_skin_queenI very much agree with your post, we are dealingwith other issues and agendashere. Your post has a great mindset!! THANK YOU.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are not your Drs' goto a board certified Dr for help, ... if you want get 3 opinions and choose the one you like best. Your cases have nothing to do with each other or anyone else here, everyone is a individual with a different story. When someone tells me they"do not heal poorly," but have received 0% after thousands $$$$$$ of multi -Drs, read below why that might happen. I want to encourage others not tear them down and make them feel terrible about themselves. Flordia Girl see Dr Weiner, your case is very easy to fix, multiple subcisons and filler.

As the other 2 posters are posting on random posts and discouraging others I will continue to post this over and over:

@floridagirl1991@tryinghard123

We have some comparison going on here, and ... posting in other people's posts telling them their scars are not as bad as your own. Can we not do that, please.

No scar case is the same, we are not clones, one person could do a million procedures and not be you, your all different ages, ethnic backgrounds, healing capabilities, plans for treatment, outcomes, different surgeons(they treat differently as well), etc, we could go on and on. The point being is never compare yourself to someone else. Sure you can learn from their experience but do we really know every single detail about what was done and why - no.If someone heals poorly or had a poor Dr they typically hang around here.

I see you had a lot of procedures(both) and I am sorry about that. Without knowing all the details of your scar work to analyze where things went wrong I can give generalized advice. @floridagirl1991 You do need extensive subcision maybe 6-10 sessions if nothing else has worked and you seem to have tethered rolling and boxcar scars. Yes filler should be done. On you with widespread scars I would do cannula subcision w/ over dilute sculptra throughout the cheeks to stimulate collagen, you may use HA filler later on ... individual pits. See Dr Wiener if your in Florida. @tryinghard123 we seem to keep getting into circular thinking, I have helped you through private message, ... you have age related fat loss, and some acne scars(not the same as Florida), you need sculptra also, much more to pull up the cheeks. You told me you want to do excisions, and a facelift to stretch things out w/ fat grafting, which is fine and this is ""your"" choice. Both have different concerns. @tryinghard123 says he has received"0%"improvement after many procedures which is theoretically not possible in the thousands of people I have helped, this is a first.

Let's go over some reasons why treatments may fail: auto-immune conditions, smoking, poor health and healing, poor treatment techniques by the Dr's, not doing enough treatments, expecting the skin to be glass smooth and instead having gradual % of change over a few years of treatment - many only get 50%, Doing energy work first and blasting the face thus loosing fat and collagen and complaining it got worse, re-occuring acne and scarring in different places, stress, antibiotics, anti depressants, hard drugs, alcohol and the liver, poor gut health, use of bad products that strip or hurt the skin, microneedling causing more scars when they have poor healing, excessive acid peels taking away layers of the skin. A big one is patients being cheap and not doing enough mls of filler, .5ml is not going to be enough filler for excessive scar work or fat loss. If subcision was done in the past with NO filler then yes it will do nothing, If you goto a general Derm and they are clueless this is also a big one, they can make things worse. Scar treatment is often over years time with excessive time of healing, it's not quick, so mono or singular treatments will not do it for your individual scars. Some people cannot do energy devices like laser - it will literally scar them... can't do microneedling ... can't do peels, all that is left is subcision and filler or invasive face lifts. Also the order treatment is done is very important. We don't pave a road correct before the potholes are fixed. When Dr's just laser they often are not fixing the pits.

Your going to tell me: ""but BA, the filler only lasted 1 month in me,"" this is not possible unless your a body builder or have a over active metabolism, ... what happens most of the time is the Dr says ""oh you have only that much, fine I will put a tiny bit of filler here."" Swelling goes away in a month, and patient complains we have no filler anymore, ... of course you didn't get enough. @tryinghard123 really badly wants a permanent filler so be it. But you can have complications "especially" if your a poor healer with health issues. What do you think happens as we age and the skin sags, the filler looks terrible there if injected excessively to fill pits.

MemberMember
(@swede_89)

Posted : 01/09/2019 9:57 am

@floridagirl1991@JamesL

I believe you completely! The information that I've collected is that the first subcsion will not give you that much improvement....this is a process and can take up to 4 or moresubscions before you notice any improvement depending on your scaring. Did you use fillers as spacer or the suction method? If not, then the risk of re-tethering is high. I'm currently recovering from my first subscion with fillers and I've yield a10% improvement on some scars...others 0% improvement. I'm very happy about the results because I was expecting 0% improvement with my first subscion. I'm going to go through 3-4 subscions + filler treatments... And even after, my expectations are low because I need to combine it withseveral times of other treatments as TCA, RF Needling, Maybe laser and so on. Hopefully after all of that, I'll end up with 50% improvement.

I don't want to discourage you, but we scar sufferers need to be realistic. There is no quick-fix and we'll never have flawless skin. 30-50% improvement should be seen as a successand it's possible, but one treatment of something will not do it.

Another point, is that 50% of our suffering is inside of us....I'm a strong believer that we should all be seeing a therapist parallel of our scar revision journey. I'm myself going to a psychologist and that has change my life...I'm in such a good state of mind today comperedto where I was 6 months ago.

Thanksfor sharing your journey and best wisher to you! <3

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/09/2019 5:57 pm

Thank you swede ! I wish you luck with your journey top , I'll keep you updated on mine:)

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 01/13/2019 5:28 am

On 1/10/2019 at 2:27 AM, floridagirl1991 said:

Thank you swede ! I wish you luck with your journey top , I'll keep you updated on mine:)

Hi

I dont want to make this too long but this is my true and real experience:

If you try a method to treat your scars and it didnt help its not the method problem its your doctors poor knowledge and poor experience that dont know how to perform that method.

I check your photo your scars can improve a lot by true subcision

You said you did subcision before but I think your doctor was weak and dont know how to perform subcision

Try to find a good an experienced doctor in subcision

Believe me I think 4 or 5 sessions of true and extensive subcision combined with microneeding and prp in every session can gives you huge improvement.

Just try to find the good doctor in subcision and share this idea with your doctor

Good luck

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/15/2019 4:06 am

Thank you Nemisis , I went to the same doctor Mr. Matt went to in Missouri. He did a good job on the subcision. I might try it again in the future .

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 01/15/2019 5:25 pm

13 hours ago, floridagirl1991 said:

Thank you Nemisis , I went to the same doctor Mr. Matt went to in Missouri. He did a good job on the subcision. I might try it again in the future .

You are right

Mr Matts result wasreally good.

One important thing about subcision is you shouldavoid side sleeping or put any pressure on your face for a few weeks after subcision to avoid causing the fibroz bands reattaching again

Maybe this is the reason way you didnt get good results

Also I check Instagram and there is really good doctor in L.A name Dr.David.Rahimi

Go check his pics in instagram it seems he has some good skills in treating acne scars.

Good luck