Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarah521

Acne thats ruining my self esteem since middle school!!!!!!

Hello! 

So after countless and countless articles and trying to figure out what will work for my skin, I figured it was time to actually create a post about it. 

I’ve had acne like this for about 8 years now. When I first started to get acne it was majorly on my forehead, fast forward to later on, the majority of my acne is on my cheeks.

I, by no means, have severe acne. It looks much worse than it actually is. I get acne on my cheeks, but they go away after a little. The texture of my skin is bumpy. My skin can be “clear” but I will still have these red marks all over my face as if it is current acne and my skin can feel smooth to the touch but when you look at it, it’s bumpy all over. I also think it’s important to note that it’s much worse on the right side of my face than the left. (I don’t sleep specifically on the right, I wash my pillowcases every week, I rarely touch my face, so I’m not sure why it’s so much worse.)

I have tried many things over the years- St. Ives (which at the time broke me out) the Clinique three step system (it helped my skin at my worst, but now it’s kept the condition of my skin stagnant.) I’ve recently been using Cerave’s Renewing SA cleanser, but I fear I am just treating the wrong thing. 

When I have researched, the only thing that seems close is malassezia. That could explain the texture of my skin but not the red spots that are prevalent. 

I’m really at a loss of what to do at this point. 

0C953EA0-BBB9-4794-A511-F9D43524A051.jpeg

2603A8CB-7289-46B7-9C8B-D3F61D762825.jpeg

7B55CAD5-DE2F-43BD-9228-058D26F53A8B.jpeg

20 hours ago, sarah521 said:

the only thing that seems close is malassezia

folliculitis? 

im not an expert but from what i understand, fungal problems do not respond to acne creams or washes. for  folliculitis they say you need a mild anti-fungal wash like nizrol. google it.

2 hours ago, MrBakery said:

folliculitis? 

im not an expert but from what i understand, fungal problems do not respond to acne creams or washes. for  folliculitis they say you need a mild anti-fungal wash like nizrol. google it.

I have googled it and I’ve yet to try it but I’m not even sure that that’s what I have because like I said, it’s red and all over my cheeks, and malassezia isn’t like that