Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shanae

Acne or Malassezia HELP!!!!!

Im wondering if anyone can help. 

I have been suffering with spots for about 5 years now & have tried benzoyl peroxide, Duac Gel, and different contraceptions. 

I initially thought my spots where from contraception and I had many side effects from them, I was always chopping and changing every 3-6 months. For the past 8 months I haven’t been on any contraception at all. 

However I am still suffering with spots. I have lots of small bumps on my forehead and the last year have spread to my left cheek. 

I get whiteheads, have some blackheads and alot of the time my spots are filled with spots and will scab. I used to pick them leaving scaring, they still seem to scar or not heal properly even if I don’t completely pick or pop them.

My doctor recently gave Isotrexin but I am reluctant to take it because I don’t think I can deal with the purge stage at the moment.

I tried lymecycline once before and was given it by doctor recently with Duac Gel. I have been using lymecycline for two weeks and have used dual gel once. I woke up the next day with red spots all on my forehead. 

I have been doing tones of research and I am starting to think I have Malassezia, which if I do I will need to stop taking the antibiotics and disc gel. 

My doctors has no knowledge on Malassezia it seems and I am seein a dermatologist but I know it’s hard to get them to test skin.

I have been doing this regime for about 2 weeks 

Morning: Water & Cetaphil Face Moisturiser with SPF

Evening: Black Soap & Jojoba oil

I have also been using saylic acid to my face for 10 minutes and washing it off every other day - this is bringing my whiteheads to the surface (good or bad?)

It’s so hard to know what is the root cause I have cut back on all sugar and drink 2L of water every day. 

I am really starting to give up!!! 

Any one know if this is acne or Malessezia?????

7C136474-483E-45DD-B578-FFBF32F64CE8.jpeg

2E2719CF-EFF9-4191-9629-44B3E26FDCA3.jpeg

6F4DE670-22E9-4045-B64E-7091B8EB7C84.jpeg

6EBDB412-40C0-4717-8EB9-A8DCAA614096.jpeg

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes