Notifications
Clear all

What Acne Scar Treatments Should I Get?

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/02/2019 10:30 pm

I have had acne basically half my life at this point (about to turn 26). To this point I get acne mostly in my beard and the odd white head (knock one wood). What™s improved my acne is lots of water and change in diet. Also I was on Accutane for a year and a half. I am wondering if anyone is out there that can help me, with my scarring. At this point in time I™ve had (4 Fraxel dual restore treatments & 2 microneedling treatments ).

Please help!

I am dealing with mental trauma because of these scars and feel really insecure/depressed. 

Thanks,

James

E850F247-265C-4925-BF60-60179D4ECF1F.jpeg

3BDBACFA-6493-4246-8740-28FEEA2BBC19.jpeg

1C6DFCF9-E9F0-41D7-824E-B014D1191483.jpeg

BA047EDD-95A5-4FC9-9D3C-6FAF1A2A510D.jpeg

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:33 pm

@JamesLHi James thank you for your patience, had 113 emails from the holidays to answer of acne scar suffers.

I would not do Fraxel Restore for you at all, you have mainly rolling scars, fat defiency, and some fibrosis. Microneedling also in your case is not the right treatment.

I cannot help with the mental part of scar work so many have and it would be best to see a therapist. This is half the battle really. Acne scars are more than skin deep. There are even apps these days like talkspace you can get therapy on the smartphone.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/03/2019 1:47 pm

@beautifulambition

Thank you so much for your taking time to assess my skin problems. After doing extensive research I really thought subcision would help me as well,so thanks for confirming that. As for fillers Im very nervous about them as theyre not permanent, and feel that they would be pointless. But well see I have 5 dermatologist appointments over the next 2 weeks, including one today.

What can I do about fat deficiency?

I have a counselling appointment next week to deal with the mental trauma.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2019 1:53 pm

Filler is not pointless we are using it as a spacer and not a permanent solution remember. Filling for cosmetic reasons and scars is different. That is if your body cooperates and makes collagen to replace it.

Fat Deficiency do over dilute sculptra 1-2 vials 16ml of salinethroughout the cheeks with a cannula post subcision. Sculptra lasts for a long time and promotes your own new collagen. If down the road, I want you to try HA filler you like it then go get something permanent like Bellafill, but not first, as it's not reversible.

Laser will stimulate the sculptra.

Many people in your 5 Dr's Aptswith push laser on your as the cure - No. You need subcision most and the sculptra, then worry about laser.

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/03/2019 9:54 pm

@beautifulambition

Yeah thats a good point on the fillers for sure. Theconsultation I had today went decent. They said they would do subcision with either Juvederm orRestylane either or. Obviously I need more than one subcision. At first they wanted me to do CO2 Laser but I said I had already done 4 Fraxel lasers. My last one was a month ago and my skin is still healing. It is still pretty red from the treatments. So Bellafiller is permanent?? I have one more appointment next Wednesday with this renowned dermatologist here in Calgary, Alberta next week. Ill see what he says and Ill go from there. At the place today they quoted me $1000 ( $500 for the subcision with the filler and $500 Botox for my crows feet ). But I might just do the subcision.

As for ..

FatDeficiency do over dilute sculptra1-2 vials 16ml of salinethroughout the cheeks with a cannula post subcision. Ive never heard of anyone this to be honest?

Thanks so much,

James L

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2019 12:14 pm

@JamesLFraxel isn't going to work for your scar type, that is a surface laser. Yes Bellafill is permanent, there is a Dr in CAN on the list of providers in the FAQ - top of the scar treatments sub bottom of that post, that does it in CAN. I am not a fan of Bellafill. Permanent if permanent - Fiberglass balls, ... permanent problems are pretty terrible and have to be cut out and I have helped several complicated cases here. It does not develop for 5-10 years down the line. IF you decide to do Filler again as I said above, I would do Sculptra which is long lasting and dilute, andor some HA Filler a few times and see if you like it first. Sculptra is very common for cases like yours, Google HIV fat loss (similarities in treatment because of fat loss), ... this is a common treatment for tissue deficiency.

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/04/2019 9:23 pm

Thank you so much friend. I have a subcision treatment with Botox next Tuesday, Ill keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 2:16 am

I hope everything goes well with your treatment . Please keep us posted. And I don't think your scars are bad , mine are worse. Just know you're not alone. Please let me know how the filler works for you , I want to try filler soon.

JamesL liked
MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/08/2019 11:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone on here has removed their acne scars entirely or to a tolerable level??

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/09/2019 12:44 am

@floridagirl1991

thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. Thank you  ¤ï¸

Also, your scars aren™t bad and I love what @beautifulambition said about not comparing scars, it™s not a healthy approach or way of thinking about this ordeal.  Apparently I™m going to have to spend $10,000 for any type of results, but I™ll remain optimistic 

the top photo is my desired results, in every lighting.

EB7B13B9-02AF-4C88-8EF7-BEA4B7318348.jpeg

B01BCE49-81AF-48EE-8DB3-83C65EDC0C77.jpeg

764D64FD-A5CD-47AD-9AF7-BD78278A7A35.jpeg

03B3CA7A-7829-4B3B-9822-1B71A9324C25.jpeg

6813FA2B-1342-4B1D-A2B3-79A25AD3B221.jpeg

A869BA97-5CA2-4139-83F0-AFF1398330FE.jpeg

7D00C4BC-2547-4009-B5E8-37D5D6DB0317.jpeg

E4A4913A-55D5-4C01-908B-BDCB3AFDAF3D.jpeg

These are post treatment around 5 hours ago. Opposed to the the top photos

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/09/2019 12:51 am

Sorry had to edit it ! Lol didn't realize it was on the post and not a pm . Lol

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/09/2019 12:52 am

Yes Floridagirl with subcision the swelling comes down and it just comes back the same....

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/09/2019 1:12 am

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2019 1:52 am

@JamesLGood Job James, as you know this it'sa marathon not a race, we have to build up the filler and do repeated subcisions to get your body to grow new collagen. Some people even do up to 8 subsicions or when they top-up yearly(they love the volume - this is not necessary) they continue subcisions.We want to stimulate your own natural collagen. This is why I suggested Dilute Sculptra. Even with Sculptra there is a waiting period with no results, then 3 months after wallah collagen grows. I also highly agree with you we have some disappointment or mental issues here where there is comparison and encouragement going on. Nothing the other posters posted has to do with your journey, be positive. Please be aware I saw in another of your post you said all that money and nothing. Do you know filler can plump up over night with water draw. Also subcision takes 3 months worse to better to stimulate collagen. Again we have to build up. Express your concerns to your Dr they are the one who should support their work, give it time. If next time he or she needs to be ore aggressive bring up that concern. Read below the biggest thing I see is patients not getting enough mls of filler to make a difference or the Dr not having time to subcise all the spots.

@acne_skin_queenI very much agree with your post, we are dealingwith other issues and agendashere. Your post has a great mindset!! THANK YOU.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are not your Drs' goto a board certified Dr for help, ... if you want get 3 opinions and choose the one you like best. Your cases have nothing to do with each other or anyone else here, everyone is a individual with a different story. When someone tells me they"do not heal poorly," but have received 0% after thousands $$$$$$ of multi -Drs, read below why that might happen. I want to encourage others not tear them down and make them feel terrible about themselves. Flordia Girl see Dr Weiner, your case is very easy to fix, multiple subcisons and filler.

As the other 2 posters are posting on random posts and discouraging others I will continue to post this over and over:

@floridagirl1991@tryinghard123

We have some comparison going on here, and ... posting in other people's posts telling them their scars are not as bad as your own. Can we not do that, please.

No scar case is the same, we are not clones, one person could do a million procedures and not be you, your all different ages, ethnic backgrounds, healing capabilities, plans for treatment, outcomes, different surgeons(they treat differently as well), etc, we could go on and on. The point being is never compare yourself to someone else. Sure you can learn from their experience but do we really know every single detail about what was done and why - no.If someone heals poorly or had a poor Dr they typically hang around here.

I see you had a lot of procedures(both) and I am sorry about that. Without knowing all the details of your scar work to analyze where things went wrong I can give generalized advice. @floridagirl1991 You do need extensive subcision maybe 6-10 sessions if nothing else has worked and you seem to have tethered rolling and boxcar scars. Yes filler should be done. On you with widespread scars I would do cannula subcision w/ over dilute sculptra throughout the cheeks to stimulate collagen, you may use HA filler later on ... individual pits. See Dr Wiener if your in Florida. @tryinghard123 we seem to keep getting into circular thinking, I have helped you through private message, ... you have age related fat loss, and some acne scars(not the same as Florida), you need sculptra also, much more to pull up the cheeks. You told me you want to do excisions, and a facelift to stretch things out w/ fat grafting, which is fine and this is ""your"" choice. Both have different concerns. @tryinghard123 says he has received"0%"improvement after many procedures which is theoretically not possible in the thousands of people I have helped, this is a first.

Let's go over some reasons why treatments may fail: auto-immune conditions, smoking, poor health and healing, poor treatment techniques by the Dr's, not doing enough treatments, expecting the skin to be glass smooth and instead having gradual % of change over a few years of treatment - many only get 50%, Doing energy work first and blasting the face thus loosing fat and collagen and complaining it got worse, re-occuring acne and scarring in different places, stress, antibiotics, anti depressants, hard drugs, alcohol and the liver, poor gut health, use of bad products that strip or hurt the skin, microneedling causing more scars when they have poor healing, excessive acid peels taking away layers of the skin. A big one is patients being cheap and not doing enough mls of filler, .5ml is not going to be enough filler for excessive scar work or fat loss. If subcision was done in the past with NO filler then yes it will do nothing, If you goto a general Derm and they are clueless this is also a big one, they can make things worse. Scar treatment is often over years time with excessive time of healing, it's not quick, so mono or singular treatments will not do it for your individual scars. Some people cannot do energy devices like laser - it will literally scar them... can't do microneedling ... can't do peels, all that is left is subcision and filler or invasive face lifts. Also the order treatment is done is very important. We don't pave a road correct before the potholes are fixed. When Dr's just laser they often are not fixing the pits.

Your going to tell me: ""but BA, the filler only lasted 1 month in me,"" this is not possible unless your a body builder or have a over active metabolism, ... what happens most of the time is the Dr says ""oh you have only that much, fine I will put a tiny bit of filler here."" Swelling goes away in a month, and patient complains we have no filler anymore, ... of course you didn't get enough. @tryinghard123 really badly wants a permanent filler so be it. But you can have complications "especially" if your a poor healer with health issues. What do you think happens as we age and the skin sags, the filler looks terrible there if injected excessively to fill pits.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:01 am

@JamesLCan we please not post random posts and keep this to your thread. We have helped thousands here, they are gone, not going to stick around when they fixed them self. Filler does work, subcision works, you keep asking like you don't believe that others have sucess. There is linked success stories in the FAQ- these people are now gone, they are stories of their sucess. I am sensing therapy is also needed here as you seem anguished. Scar therapy is a journey, a 3 year journey for some. Some can't handle the ups and downs. I know it's hard right now with some other posters who are Debbie downer that nothing works to keep this in mind. Please do not listen to them. They are not your individual case.

I want to remind you that many procedures and 3 months between them are needed to see success. Expect 50% improvement, that is a good mindset, not glass smooth skin. I am selling you nothing other than the truth. You know fillers work, look at the over filled Hollywood stars.

Be Patient,

BA

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:09 am

@beautifulambition

Thank you for the support once again, the negativity comes from hopelessness. Im so overwhelmed with life right now and ya mostly because of these scars. I also still get acne... its a difficult battle. The mental trauma adds up. Also do you know if these fillers will fill in my smile creases and lines ??? Im concerned about them deepening even more. Much loveBA

@acne_skin_queen

thank you for your kindness. Much love

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:19 am

Youre right, Im sorry Im just having easily the worst day of my life. Im really down. Im starting counselling tomorrow. Im just trying to find answers. Sorry about the pessimism.

Thanks @beautifulambition

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2019 2:20 am

@JamesL Yes my man, I can help with plans and advice but you really need that therapy. I really get your hopelessness and desire to improve, this is why I volunteer helping people here. Try a app called Talkspace which offers unlimited therapy. IT really could help, otherwise try someone local. I think there are scars also inside. Yes you can get filler in those creases, botox to soften things, and extensive subcision, you may need 4 > even if you don't fill with them. You are a good looking guy, compared to the many scar cases I help daily with disfiguring scars so bad they hide, ... you have hope man. Don't expect perfection.I think your obsessing, maybe some BDD here, hence therapy helping, log off maybe too until you have a update. There are many people here who are haters and want others to not succeed because they didn't, but thousands who are now gone because they improved and enjoy life. You can always get permanent fillers like Bellafill if you like HA for several sessions, there is a Plastic in CAN who does this. Tell the Dr what you did like and didn't next time, be honest, point to what you want done.

""But BA Temporary Filler doesn't work - HAHAH ""I want to show you what filler can do, if this does not make you laugh nothing else will. "Hollywood Movie Stars."

Lem's Levity: Just. Stop. It.

plastic-surgery-disasters (39)

Addicted to Plastic Surgery: 12 Biggest Plastic Surgery ...

./OFFICIAL%20ACNE%20SCAR%20SOLUTIONS;%20Q&A%20_%20FAQ%20__READ%20BEFORE%20POSTING__%20-%20Scar%20treatments%20-%20by%20beautifulambition%20-%20Acne.org%20Community_files/activity_30.pngScar Treatment Success./OFFICIAL%20ACNE%20SCAR%20SOLUTIONS;%20Q&A%20_%20FAQ%20__READ%20BEFORE%20POSTING__%20-%20Scar%20treatments%20-%20by%20beautifulambition%20-%20Acne.org%20Community_files/activity_30.png

> Proof (Pictures - included) Acne Scar Treatments, Medical Case Studies, Acne Scar Successful Treatments
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/374081-proof-pictures-included-acne-scar-treatments-medical-case-studies-acne-scar-successful-treatments/

>f93d's Subcision, Cross Filler, RF Needling Success 
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/376709-subcisioncross-progress-beforeafter/

> PCT14 Suction and Subcision Success with Suction
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361755-my-subcision-saline-suction-treatment/

> MR. Matt Subcision Success
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/232731-man-in-the-mirror-pre-and-post-subcision-photos/

> Boxcar scars improved significantly through subcison
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/323172-my-total-fx-diary-procedure-scheduled-for-120412-updates-to-follow/

> 91baby Surface Acne (Textural), Subcision, Filler throughout cheek (not individual scars), and TCA Peels 
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/364086-justhadsubcision-documentingwphotos

> DC Girl TCA improvement
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/337794-scar-success/

> Success Recell UVB Lamp + Melgain (Decapeptide - Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor)
Fixing Vitiligo, Lightened Scar Hypopigmentation, Loss of Pigment Skin Discoloration

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/352685-recell-for-hypopigmentation-burn/

> Laser Didn't Fix It alone, Infini RF and  Filler and Subcision Did 
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/322562-my-infini-treatment-for-my-acne-scarring/#entry3301228

> Scared pores/ice picks improvement of as well as a few boxcar scars
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/316133-just-had-ablative-fraxelrepair-and-ultrapulse-co2-with-photos/

MemberMember
(@johnmarston)

Posted : 01/09/2019 5:30 am

I have been seeing a clinical psychologist for CBT and psychiatrist over the past few months and the improvement is in my mental health is amazing! I recommend you do the same :) Though it can be expensive it is defo worth it, as BA says, the mental part is half the problem. GL!