Notifications
Clear all

What next after 6 treatments of TCA Cross + Intracel + Subcision + Filler?

MemberMember
(@guyfromkorea)

Posted : 01/01/2019 3:40 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for your feedback on what to do after completing 6 treatments of TCA Cross, Intracel, subcision and cross-linked HA filler. 

For your reference, I attached my before and after pics. I used to dread having pictures taken (still do...) because of my scars. So I don't really have any good pictures of my acne scars up close prior to getting treatments.

14537931_BeforePic.thumb.jpg.4ea95febb941bf43d5a9ba16b7eb5329.jpg

So if you look at my before pic, you can see I have a lot of ice pick scars and one or two boxcar scars on my right cheek (left side of the pic). I also had some residual ice pick scars on my left cheek as well. Also, on my left temple was this huge rolling scar that was really really noticeable. I also had two smaller rolling scars on my left cheek that you can't see from the pic. I had some additional ice pick scars on my temple area and a noticeable line below my lower lips (probably wrinkle caused by some scarring? Not sure...)

As I got older (I am 34 now...), my scars started getting more noticeable to the point where my parents were starting comment on the issue. I decided to take an action and researched realself as well as this forum and realized that most docs and well researched members on this forum were recommending for a treatment that combines TCA Cross for ice pick scars, subcision + suction or subcision + filler for rolling and boxcar scars and rf microneedling for overall improvement. 

Since I live in Korea and there are so many doctors just selling you laser packages for easy money, I had to really research and find a doc who believed in the combination treatment. Found one I liked in Seoul and got a package where he would perform 3 sessions of TCA Cross, subcision, intracel for about $1500. He did all 3 in one session (started with TCA Cross, then intracel and finished with subcision). I did get a decent amount of improvement after 3 sessions but I obviously wanted more. At this point, I felt my progress was too slow and considered changing the doc (someone who had Infini and offered PRP, but she turned out to be a physician who's not specialized in dermatology offering acne scar treatments... Yes, it is easy to get scammed in Korea too unless you are really careful and doing your research) but decided to stick with him... 

So I got another package where he would do 3 more sessions but this time, he would inject cross-linked HA filler after subcision. Cross-linked HA filler improved my rolling scars big time in one session. Literally popped out the sunken scars and even after the swelling had gone 2 weeks after the session, the scars didn't sink in again. Also, I had my boxcar scar treated with HA filler but ended up getting a pimple in that exact spot of treatment. That pimple was getting inflamed and I had to squeeze it out... When I did, I think some of the filler came out as well (might be a reaction to filler? I don't know) and my boxcar scar just sank in after... I was really unhappy about this and went and got a Cora therapy on that boxcar scar (there was a promo event where the doc would do one scar for $10) and suctioned scar for 14 days pretty aggressively. This has improved my scar by about 80% after I was done suctioning, but since then, the scar has sunken back in a little and I would rate my improvement to be about 60% now. I noticed that one negative thing about Cora Therapy is that it seems to have made my skin surface a bit irregular... 

When it was time to do my 6th treatment, my derm mentioned how much smoother my skin seems to look. Only when I compare my before photo to how I look now do I realize how much my scars have improved...

In the after pics below, you see the big rolling scar on my left temple (left pic) that is still a bit noticeable. The ice pick scars and the boxcar scar has improved a lot on my right cheek (right pic). 

85980251_AfterLeftSide.thumb.jpg.eb1cd335e1fdd2e6f0e04f7ecd8dc0e4.jpg1514168130_AfterRightSide.thumb.jpg.98909ec687e223f09646b2670dba4959.jpg

My plan is to wait until end of Jan. and go to my derm to get a final treatment and to get a touch-up filler on rolling scars. 

Overall, I am happy with how much I've improved but you know how people are... We always want more. On the other hand, the time commitment and recovery time after these procedures have been huge and it has taken a toll on me emotionally. My social life has been stop and go depending on how well I was recovering and that has affected my relationships with people. I have flexible work schedule so there were days I could just hide at home but I don't think I can do this much longer... Personally, I would like to be done with scar treatments by middle of 2019 and just move on with my life... Life is too short... 

So I would like to get your opinion on what next to do after my last treatment. I have 2 additional ice pick scars (one kinda resistant to TCA Cross and one that was deepest that has improved rather slowly with TCA Cross), one boxcar scar and some surface issues I want treated. So I am thinking of getting either Cora therapy (the doc basically performs mini subcision on every scar you have) to improve remaining ice pick/boxcar scars or get a Total FX laser treatment. 

Is having Total FX worth it just to give my skin that final touch before I move on with my life? Or is laser not worth it and I should just try something like Cora Therapy + suction to further improve ice pick and boxcar scars? 

What are the implications of having Deep FX when I had cross-linked HA fillers injected into the rolling scars in my temple area? 

What is the best treatment for surface irregularity?

Would love some feedback from the likes of beautifulambition, obi wan and such. I read a lot of your posts and they did help me make an informed decision on where I should start... 

For those interested, here was my treatment schedule:

2018.03.19 - Treatment #1 (started suctioning with microdermabrasion device 3 days after the treatment and continued for 14 days)

2018.05.08 - Treatment #2 (suctioned again)

2018.06.28 - Treatment #3 (suctioned again)

2018.08.07 - Treatment #4 (Cross-linked HA filler injected; no suctioning; CO2 laser for milium I had)

2018.10.10 - Treatment #5 (no suctioning)

2018.11.12 - Cora Therapy #1 (on one boxcar scar; aggressive suctioning for 14 days)

2018.12.11 - Treatment #6

MemberMember
(@uptownoryx)

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:12 am

Wow, this is honestly one of the best results I have ever seen. Most of your scars seem to be gone in the after photos. OP do you mind sharing the name of your doctor and the approximate prices you paid for the subcision with HA filler? I'm going through that "hide away during the duration of my treatment downtime" as well and for sure it is taking its emotional toll. How different were your downtimes with subcision + suction compared to subcision + filler? Also can you give your subjective percentage improvement since you started all of your treatment?

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:22 am

Hi do Cora therapy still do special acupuncture technique for each and every ice pick and boxcar scars as I have plenty and many many of them?

acne.jpg

Is there someone really really good in Korea who can repair this type of scarring?

I have been in contact with HerShe and they told me macs smas facelift with fat transfer and laser?  what do you think?

and these are in real harsh lighting under fluoresecent lighting

acnescar4.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:24 am

@tryinghard123No amount of Kora will fix your scars, ... you need real subcision. Kora only works for very minor scars, have you seen a accupuncture needle, that won't cut severe scars. I need to respond to your PM about a facelift still 113 messages over a 2 day break you guys have been busy on me.

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:26 am

Ok thanks BA take your time.....you are a legend...and I hope you had a good new year....ps just askin people as sooooooooooooooo desparate........

BA just out of interest....are u a doctor.....can you fix my scars??? hehe

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/02/2019 10:12 am

@GuyfromKoreaCongrats to you on the improvement, many don't even get this from treatments. I also don't agree with multi-treatments at one time as people heal funky, they miss areas, or things can get messed up.

Have you tried a consult with Renewme, they are more for tourists but they have all the latest devices, more on the energy device side.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@guyfromkorea)

Posted : 01/02/2019 10:14 am

On 1/2/2019 at 8:12 PM, UptownOryx said:

Wow, this is honestly one of the best results I have ever seen. Most of your scars seem to be gone in the after photos. OP do you mind sharing the name of your doctor and the approximate prices you paid for the subcision with HA filler? I'm going through that "hide away during the duration of my treatment downtime" as well and for sure it is taking its emotional toll. How different were your downtimes with subcision + suction compared to subcision + filler? Also can you give your subjective percentage improvement since you started all of your treatment?

The website of the clinic I used is [removed]

It's a small clinic and I'm not sure if they have staff that can speak English there... I paid $1500 for 3 sessions of intracel, subcision, tca cross. I added cross-linked ha fillers for the next 3 sessions and it cost about $2000. So in total, I've spent about ~$3500 and 10months of emotional rollercoaster...

The downtime was about the same between subcision + suction and subcision + filler. Subcised areas were back to looking relatively normal within 2 weeks. TCA Cross scars looked pretty rough for about 3~4 weeks before looking normal.

My subjective percentage improvement... I would say between 60~80%? Some icepick scars are almost all gone. My rolling scars look a lot better after the fillers... But I still have that residual surface irregularity and two icepick scars that are still there.

Hence I'm thinking of doing a Total FX laser treatment or getting additional Cora Therapy on individual scars and suctioning...

MemberMember
(@guyfromkorea)

Posted : 01/04/2019 3:18 am

On 1/3/2019 at 12:12 AM, beautifulambition said:

@GuyfromKoreaCongrats to you on the improvement, many don't even get this from treatments. I also don't agree with multi-treatments at one time as people heal funky, they miss areas, or things can get messed up.

Have you tried a consult with Renewme, they are more for tourists but they have all the latest devices, more on the energy device side.

The rolling scar can be fixed with more subcision and a larger amount of filler.

The box car you talked about - HA-Filler sounds like you reacted or it was to close to the surface.

No Full Fx I would never do on you.

Sometimes if we over treat we can make things worse.

Angled CO2 laser just to the borders of the box cars, could be good. Have you tried paint on method where 3X is painted in the bottom of the pit? TCA Cross was developed in Korea. These both take a couple of treatments and healing time. OR you could do punch float of the box cars, and then laser them with co2 if they can't do the above.

Fraxel 1927nm over driven to higher power and full density, take a few sessions, great for large pores. They have a pore treatment package.

I would email renewme and ask what they provide with pictures for your condition and what you want fixed.

Picosure can be done for discoloration and to create more collagen.

Your skin looks great!

Ok, I won't do Total FX...

I'll try one more TCA Cross (plus subcision and filler) and think about what I should do next. I will get a consultation from renewme and see what they suggest.

Thanks for your advice BA.

MemberMember
(@awarefellow)

Posted : 06/28/2019 5:56 pm

Hi,

I live in Korea, too.

I can see your scars have improved a lot.

Can you tell me what treatment you've done after the last TCA Cross session and if you got further improvement on your scars?

Thanks for your post.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/29/2019 3:39 pm

Your scars are so minor. To be honest, your before picture was never even that bad. I personally wouldn't bother, but hey whatever makes you happy.

My opinion is that Total FX is absolute overkill for your skin. Too much potential for it to mess up your nice skin texture and long lasting pigment issues.