Notifications
Clear all

Temple Scarring

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 12/30/2018 5:21 pm

Hi all,

Long time lurker here who finally decided to sign up! I've followed posts here for years and the acne regimen has helped clear the majority of my acne in addition to being massively helpful in my research so I've gotta lot of love for the forum!

I'm now in a position where I'd like to tackle the acne scarring I've been left with, which is almost exclusively on my temples. I've attached a few pictures below to get your views, but based on what I've read here, have decided on the following treatment plan at home (I'm a 30 year old male btw):

Derminator

6 week gap

TCA Peel (starting low and gradually working up to 35% - just on the scarred areas)

6 week gap

Derminator

and so on...

I'll also be using retin a periodically once any swelling/redness has subsided from the the needling/tca.

My question is around subcision by a doc, as I'd also like to add this in. For those that have had subcision procedures, how would this best fit in timing wise with the above regime?

Thanks in advance.

Temples 1.jpg

Temples 2.jpg

Temples 3.jpg

Temples 4.jpg

Temples 5.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/30/2018 11:01 pm

We have subcision Drs in the FAQ - top of the scar treatment sub, goto bottom of post.

Every 3 months you ""Can"" do subcision. But some with at home DIY treatment or who want to save money go once a year.

Fit it in whenever you want.

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 12/31/2018 7:02 am

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

We have subcision Drs in the FAQ - top of the scar treatment sub, goto bottom of post.

Every 3 months you ""Can"" do subcision. But some with at home DIY treatment or who want to save money go once a year.

Fit it in whenever you want.

Thanks for the response BA. I've already scheduled a consultation with one of the listed doctors so look forward to hearing their suggestions.

May I ask what your views are on my proposed treatment plan of alternating between TCA peels and Derminator for the type of scarring I have? Is there anything you'd suggest reconsidering?

Ty!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/02/2019 10:43 am

@Ross88Again you need subcision as I said above 😉 Even if you can only afford 1 or 2 a year in your plan.

Stamp and peel only on the scars.

Use retin-a nightly.

Other than that everything is fine. IF you need a boost after your year do rf needling and or co2 laser.

Sunscreen!

MemberMember
(@ross88)

Posted : 01/02/2019 5:38 pm

Excellent, thanks for the reply.

Just for anyone else who is based in the UK, I emailed several doctors to see who is prepared/experienced in subcision specifically in the temple area and those below have confirmed yes:

Dr Teixeira - London Dermatology Clinic

Dr Anil - Chiswick Clinic (Skinmedico)

Prof Chu - Skinmedico

Dr Patel - Perfect Skin Solutions

Dr Lowe - Cranley Clinic

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:36 pm

You can start with Chu if you want. he is well traveled to from the boards here. IF he won't treat it goto another derm who will. Some of those names are laser Dr's like Lowe, I would not goto him firstly for you. But if you need rf needling some of those others on the above list do that treatment.