Notifications
Clear all

What cured my acne

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 11:48 am

Hello, every so often I will return to this website to tell people what cured my acne in hopes that it'll work for someone else. That's what I'm doing here today.

I was a regular user of this site back when I had acne, I took on everyone's advice and suggestions in hopes of finding something, anything, that would stop my acne. I spent a ton of money on acne products, medicationand even a boat load of money onlaser acne removal which didn't do anything for me personally.

The solution, for me and I hope for some people out there, was simple and cost nothing.

What I did was stop my face from coming intocontact with hot water. I wash my face in cold water and nothing else. When I shower in warm water, I wash my hair separately in cold water afterwards. I've done this since December 2015 and my acne vanished within a month and has never returned. Hot water has not been in contact with my face since Dec 2015. I may get the occasional spot now and again but it's nothing compared to what I suffered with for 10 years.

I really hope this works for someone out there and gives someone a acne free 2019.

If you have any questions, please let me know but most importantly, give it a go.

MemberMember
(@systemtrend)

Posted : 12/29/2018 12:10 pm

I wonder if you can get the same effect if you showered with warm/hot water but then rinsed with cold water. That's what I usually do (turn shower to cold water and let pour on my face and head for 15-20 seconds at end of my shower) and it seems to work.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 12:58 pm

That's an interesting idea, glad it worked for you! Did you noticeyour acne began to clear up quite quickly after you started doing that?

MemberMember
(@happyeverafter)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:12 pm

Hmm is this to do with the opening/closing of your pores? I shower with hot water.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:18 pm

It could be. I did notice that after a hot shower my skin would be sooooo dry and feel a bit tight, so I used a moisturiser to fix the dry skin but I still kept getting acne. As soon as I stopped using hot water, my skin cleared up, I still have to use a little bit of moisturiser to keep the dry skin away though.

If you don't mind me asking, how is your skin feeling after a hot shower?

MemberMember
(@happyeverafter)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:22 pm

My skin feels dry and tight after my shower... however I'm not sure if that is because of my shower or because I use my cleanser in the shower also (I usually shower after working out so I cleanse to make sure no sweat is clogging my pores). Its the La-Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel. Then as you do - I moisturise after. What moisturiser do you use to keep the dry skin away?

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:27 pm

I used a brand of moisturisercalled Simple. My suggestion to you, unless your current routineis working well for you, is to shower in warm water but not let any water touch your face. Then wash your face and hair in cold water, ditch the cleansing gel. You should notice your skin doesn't feel dry or tight and hopefully youracne will fade away.

MemberMember
(@happyeverafter)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:30 pm

Okay! Will give this a go starting tonight, can't hurt as I have been breaking out constantly. Thanks for the advice :) 

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:36 pm

No problem, hope it works for you!

MemberMember
(@stevedaking)

Posted : 12/29/2018 2:10 pm

I might give this a try. How severe was your acne before this treatment?

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 2:32 pm

Give it a go! It's free and so simple to do. My acne was pretty bad before this, my face was pretty much covered in it.

MemberMember
(@modelworm)

Posted : 12/30/2018 2:02 pm

I will try this, thank you! I will wash my face with cold water and try to keep it out of the warm water in the shower, I hope it works!

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 01/01/2019 7:23 am

Good luck, I hope it works for you too.

MemberMember
(@happyeverafter)

Posted : 01/03/2019 3:24 pm

So i have been trying this for past few days .. washing with cold water and skipping my cleanser in the shower has helped with the dryness/tightness of my skin. However has not stopped breakouts. I think tbh its purely hormonal and nothing topical i.e. water/cleanser/creams will cure my acne. It's an internal problem (yay! :() But will continue to use cold water its more soothing on my skin. Hope this works for others if their acne is not hormonal :)