Notifications
Clear all

Acne ruined my social life

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 12/29/2018 9:12 am

Some might say it's nothing, some might say it's terrible. My mind say it's enough now.

25 years of age, tall man, looking for a date. Wait? How can I date with such a low self esteem. I feel horrible. How can ai possibly kiss someone with pimple all over my beard, my lips.

Some friends want to hangout, I always reply I can't, I really don't want people to see my face this way, IMPOSSIBLE.

I've tried many things, many dermatologist also. I tried all the cream, vitamin A serum, antibiotics like tetracycline  and minocycline (they work 70% for a short time but if I stop one week it's all over again). I tried the regimen (not appropriate on beard/scalp/etc). I tried everything (except accutane in pill form)

I have pimples on my scalp alot, on my beard, my face, my back. I'm loosing all my hair, my confidence is at zero.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm not here to complain or find pity, I'm here to find solutions. If any one you have something to share or wants to talk to me, anything at this point. I'm so depress..

Thank you all.. 

FBD3942D-28E6-4C8D-BC56-31D1D052ACA6.jpeg

704D91DD-773F-47BC-B2E1-D06CAA70805E.jpeg

029525D9-5C8B-4B2E-A4E8-2178E6636CDC.jpeg

B0CF066F-76F1-46CC-998B-0FD97D7462AE.jpeg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2018 10:24 am

hey,

i was pretty much like you, going back and forwards to the doctor, it didnt help.. eventually i gave up on my doctor and decided to do a tone of research online regarding acne and what would work for me - my skin ended up, cleared up 95% ...personally i avoid milk, i only use mild soaps (johnsons baby soap) or water only and wash only 1 or 2 time daily. i also occasionally use nizoral wash to keep my skin bacteria in check.

mybelief is that acne is 2 part problem, diet and how you treat your skin. - milk seems to be a big trigger for most people.

your just have to keep researching and trying things, till they work for you. watch these:

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 12/29/2018 11:07 am

42 minutes ago, MrBakery said:

hey,

i was pretty much like you, going back and forwards to the doctor, it didnt help.. eventually i gave up on my doctor and decided to do a tone of research online regarding acne and what would work for me - my skin ended up, cleared up 95% ...personally i avoid milk, i only use mild soaps (johnsons baby soap) or water only and wash only 1 or 2 time daily. i also occasionally use nizoral wash to keep my skin bacteria in check.

mybelief is that acne is 2 part problem, diet and how you treat your skin. - milk seems to be a big trigger for most people.

your just have to keep researching and trying things, till they work for you. watch these:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mentioned that although my diet is far from perfect, I do not eat any kind of dairy! I eat alot of raw nuts, humus, chicken, quinoa and ONLY drink water nothing no juice no milk no coke. I also take multivitamins.

Desperate to say the least..

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:15 pm

I feel for you, I was in the same situation for years. Do you shower and/or wash your face with hot water? If so, stop right now. That's what cleared my skin up.

I posted my story solution earlier today:

AndreiCan liked
MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:15 pm

do you use head and shoulders to wash your hair?

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 12/29/2018 4:03 pm

2 hours ago, user5000 said:

I feel for you, I was in the same situation for years. Do you shower and/or wash your face with hot water? If so, stop right now. That's what cleared my skin up.

I posted my story solution earlier today:

Indeed I do, I will try your method. Body in hot, face and hair in cold thx!!

2 hours ago, MrBakery said:

do you use head and shoulders to wash your hair?

I do 1-2 a week! Why?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2018 4:15 pm

6 minutes ago, AndreiCan said:

I do 1-2 a week! Why?

https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/323500-best-shampoo-for-scalp-acne/

MemberMember
(@andreican)

Posted : 12/29/2018 11:17 pm

7 hours ago, MrBakery said:

Ya.. Like I said I've been using this head and shoulders zinc shampoo for years, it calms the itchiness but doesn't work much more

Loosing alot of hair..

I see there's not much to say here