Notifications
Clear all

2 Week After Subcision, When Will I See Full Results?

MemberMember
(@michaelscarn)

Posted : 12/29/2018 2:03 am

Aggressive subcision (via cannula) to cheeks/temples was done about almost 2 weeks ago. I've been suctioning every day since 3 days after the procedure.The swelling is pretty much gone now. I really don't see much of a difference in scar depth before v after, as if all my scars tethered back down again. When I suction, my scars appear more prominent, like it's pulling up the untethered skin further above the tethered parts.

Is this basically what my skin will look like, or will it take longer to see the full result? I read somewhere that it is normal for scars to appear worse for the first weeks, then it will takeseveral months for new collagen to form and fill up the depressed skin. However, I also know others say they saw sustainedimprovement immediately after swelling went down.

So, what should I expect? What has been your experience?

MemberMember
(@florina994)

Posted : 12/29/2018 9:08 am

Hy, Ive done subsicion with Nokor. Aftermy firstsubsicion my scars looked worse after the first weeks so no need to worry, its normal. Be patient and try not to think that much about it, it will take longer to see the results.From what Ive read and my own experience after the first subsicion youre not getting great improvement but for sure youll get improvement after the next ones.

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 12/29/2018 11:36 am

Probably not your final results. For me, subcision and needling results peak out 2-3 months after. Stuff is going on underneath, collagen is brewing slowly. Give it a little more time.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/29/2018 2:30 pm

This sounds strange"Aggressive subcision (via cannula) to cheeks/temples was done about almost 2 weeks ago. I've been suctioning every day since 3 days after the procedure.The swelling is pretty much gone now. I really don't see much of a difference in scar depth before v after, as if all my scars tethered back down again. When I suction, my scars appear more prominent, like it's pulling up the untethered skin further above the tethered parts."

Almost like they are not or were not subcised, or why would they not pull up or be raised when you subction them or after your subcision.

This is a marathon, not a sprint, 3 months between every treatment you body will be healing, often many see nothing on the first treatment as it takes time to heal, or they need more treatments. You would know best if they even subcised the scars at all. Please ask your Dr exactly what was subcised. Sometimes they come in and quickly do a few and not the rest. It depends, if you have surface scars, and don't get filler I have also seen a bad job done in some Drs. As they really need 1-2 vials of over dilute Sculptra all throughout the scar areas.

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/04/2019 9:36 pm

How are they looking now??

MemberMember
(@michaelscarn)

Posted : 01/14/2019 4:50 am

Almost 4 weeks out now, and skin looks pretty much the same to me as before the procedure. Friends/family say they notice slight improvement. Cheeks still feel tender at some spots when pressed with moderate pressure, so there's still some healing left to do; hoping this means there will be more changeto come, but not really banking on any massive improvement.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/14/2019 11:36 am

@michaelscarnIf things look the same as before the procedure this is what I find has happened 1) I see you did not do filler perhaps Chinese cupping was not enough 2) You had a bad Dr who did not cover all the spots you wanted or was not aggressive enough / skilled and in that case things are still tethered 3) No one in 1 session is going to see miracle results, this is a marathon not a sprint that takes"many" treatments, please mention your concerns to your Dr next time and tell them you want results, ask them to be more aggressive 4) You do not have scarring that needed subcision, and thus if it's superficial would do very little. 5) Unrealistic expectations of improvement instead of expecting 20%, you wanted 100% - just not possible. 6) You are a slow healer - slow responded and thus it will take you 3 months instead of healing in a month or your a poor healer 7) You did not do suction enough or you do not respond well to it and so you need filler instead.

I am sure I am missing some others like health, diet, conditions, etc... but good job, keep up the scar work, it 's a long process. I know of some cases they needed 7-8 sessions as they just did not respond to earlier sessions.

BA