Notifications
Clear all

FERMENTED COD LIVER OIL CLEARED MY CYSTIC HORMONAL ACNE AROUND CHIN/MOUTH

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 12/29/2018 1:06 am

THIS STUFF WORKS YALL!!!!! Fermented Cod Liver Oil from a company called Green Pastures. Oil not the capsules. 

I am 29 year old female and have been battling chronic cystic acne around the sides of my mouth & chin & jaw line for years. Red, deep, painful, itchy nodules that rarely come to a head and would just stay on my face for weeks and scar. I have tried everything: accutane 2x, spiro, antibiotics, topicals, retain a, Benz peroxide, steroid shots, EXTENSIVE vitamins (all the ones u read about online to cure acne), face wash, home remedies, changed my diet, cut out dairy, sugar, probiotics. I thought probiotics cleared me but it came back after a few weeks. SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING. I™m fit, love the gym, not stressed, eat veggies healthy diet. I was looking into expensive red/blue light laser treatments where they burn your face off and would need 3/4 treatments! I also tried estroblock-which did not work for me bc I quickly found out I am not estro dominant. I still take the DHT block (from the same company) which is for people who are more androgen/testosterone dominant, but I fully believe the reason for my acne clearing is the fermented oil and not dht block. But I take them to balance out my androgens. 

I would come home after work and just sit online for hours researching for answers. I went to several docs spent money got hormone tests, only for them to answer me with the only solution being birth control pills. I did not want to go that route because I feel BCP are just an unnatural bandaid and once I got off them at 34 or whenever to get pregnant, my acne would just return. Actually my gyno strait up told me this and stated œwell some people will just have acne forever, sorry WTF. I wasn™t going to accept that. So I dug deep into the internet research and found this fermented cod liver oil. Figured I would try since there were other positive reviews related to acne. 

I recommend you guys do what I did bc this stuff is intense at first, but once u find your method it™s a piece of cake. 

I ordered directly from website because I wanted to make sure I was getting the real fresh stuff. (They have on amazon but that™s what I did just to start) it is expensive! But I was fucking desperate to fix my acne & will always budget for it. I Read another acne blog taking about this oil and the girl said she took 2 tsp/day to clear her acne. I decided to start off small and work up to that, rather than just begin at 2 tsp. Because u want your body to get used to it and make sure u don™t have any reactions. So I started with 1/2 teaspoon every night for a week, then doubled to 1 tsp every night. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT: when I first got the oil, I took the dropper and just squirted it directly on my throat, and then chased it with water. This really really irrated my throat and I started to get a really bad cough for like 2 weeks while I was still shooting it. Then I tried mixing it with apple sauce and it was still irritating my throat. My mom was worried! So I called the company, they were super nice and helpful. Suggested I try mixing it with milk because it™s very acidic, so the milk would counter it. I started mixing it in a glass of rice milk & no more problems with my throat! Goes down nice and easy! 

My acne started clearing after a week and after 2 weeks no more acne!! I have now been taking 1 tsp/night for 2 months and my cystic acne is completely gone. I don™t even ever get a big nodule. If I get a pimple, it is small comes to a tiny white head and clears right away. My skin isn™t red or inflamed anymore. ITS MAGIC!!! I just finished my first bottle & ordered 2 more bottles. If any of your story sounds like mine do yourself a favor and give this a try! You might have to play with the dosing. If your not getting the results u want then add another half tsp. But be patient and slowly titrate up because u may not even need much to stay clear like me! Also the reason I like the liquid vs the tablets is because u need 10 tablets to equal 1 tsp. That™s rediculous to take 10 a night and you will be out of the bottle super quick. Way more expensive in the long run. So just suck it up & mix the liquid with the milk. I ordered the cinnamon liquid next.

The reason this stuff works is because of the high concentration of vitamin a. Accutane is from a derivative of vitamin a, that™s why it is the only thing out there to really cure intense acne, and it fucking works. It cleared me for 2 years, but my acne came back. It™s too harsh to take long term and there are negative side effects. The fermented oil is a tiny bit and safe amount u can take every day and it™s natural and pure. I have read online about it being œrancid. I don™t believe it. I asked the company when I called they said it™s safe and fine. Many women take it pregnant and give to children. The benefits of it are just too good for me to believe it™s negative. I™m so happy inside and out. My skin obviously needs more vitamin a than the average person. Maybe people with acne are vitamin a deficient, who knows. But I do know this oil is a miracle for my skin. 

I am so frickn happy! Putting on makeup is so easy now I™m ecstatic! No makeup on in either pic. In my after pic you will see I still have scars to fix but no inflamed red bumps! I™m starting all my scar treatments & CO2 laser in 17 days I cannot wait! This shit is a GODSEND!! I just hope my story can help someone else who is going through the same thing! TRY IT 

E7EF0365-E903-48E7-9AB1-11016BE530F0.jpeg

762206F9-5B2B-4C2D-ACB1-98791E6EF310.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jo1n)

Posted : 01/27/2019 11:16 pm

On 12/29/2018 at 12:06 AM, Goddess420 said:

THIS STUFF WORKS YALL!!!!! Fermented Cod Liver Oil from a company called Green Pastures. Oil not the capsules. 

I am 29 year old female and have been battling chronic cystic acne around the sides of my mouth & chin & jaw line for years. Red, deep, painful, itchy nodules that rarely come to a head and would just stay on my face for weeks and scar. I have tried everything: accutane 2x, spiro, antibiotics, topicals, retain a, Benz peroxide, steroid shots, EXTENSIVE vitamins (all the ones u read about online to cure acne), face wash, home remedies, changed my diet, cut out dairy, sugar, probiotics. I thought probiotics cleared me but it came back after a few weeks. SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING. I™m fit, love the gym, not stressed, eat veggies healthy diet. I was looking into expensive red/blue light laser treatments where they burn your face off and would need 3/4 treatments! I also tried estroblock-which did not work for me bc I quickly found out I am not estro dominant. I still take the DHT block (from the same company) which is for people who are more androgen/testosterone dominant, but I fully believe the reason for my acne clearing is the fermented oil and not dht block. But I take them to balance out my androgens. 

I would come home after work and just sit online for hours researching for answers. I went to several docs spent money got hormone tests, only for them to answer me with the only solution being birth control pills. I did not want to go that route because I feel BCP are just an unnatural bandaid and once I got off them at 34 or whenever to get pregnant, my acne would just return. Actually my gyno strait up told me this and stated œwell some people will just have acne forever, sorry WTF. I wasn™t going to accept that. So I dug deep into the internet research and found this fermented cod liver oil. Figured I would try since there were other positive reviews related to acne. 

I recommend you guys do what I did bc this stuff is intense at first, but once u find your method it™s a piece of cake. 

I ordered directly from website because I wanted to make sure I was getting the real fresh stuff. (They have on amazon but that™s what I did just to start) it is expensive! But I was fucking desperate to fix my acne & will always budget for it. I Read another acne blog taking about this oil and the girl said she took 2 tsp/day to clear her acne. I decided to start off small and work up to that, rather than just begin at 2 tsp. Because u want your body to get used to it and make sure u don™t have any reactions. So I started with 1/2 teaspoon every night for a week, then doubled to 1 tsp every night. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT: when I first got the oil, I took the dropper and just squirted it directly on my throat, and then chased it with water. This really really irrated my throat and I started to get a really bad cough for like 2 weeks while I was still shooting it. Then I tried mixing it with apple sauce and it was still irritating my throat. My mom was worried! So I called the company, they were super nice and helpful. Suggested I try mixing it with milk because it™s very acidic, so the milk would counter it. I started mixing it in a glass of rice milk & no more problems with my throat! Goes down nice and easy! 

My acne started clearing after a week and after 2 weeks no more acne!! I have now been taking 1 tsp/night for 2 months and my cystic acne is completely gone. I don™t even ever get a big nodule. If I get a pimple, it is small comes to a tiny white head and clears right away. My skin isn™t red or inflamed anymore. ITS MAGIC!!! I just finished my first bottle & ordered 2 more bottles. If any of your story sounds like mine do yourself a favor and give this a try! You might have to play with the dosing. If your not getting the results u want then add another half tsp. But be patient and slowly titrate up because u may not even need much to stay clear like me! Also the reason I like the liquid vs the tablets is because u need 10 tablets to equal 1 tsp. That™s rediculous to take 10 a night and you will be out of the bottle super quick. Way more expensive in the long run. So just suck it up & mix the liquid with the milk. I ordered the cinnamon liquid next.

The reason this stuff works is because of the high concentration of vitamin a. Accutane is from a derivative of vitamin a, that™s why it is the only thing out there to really cure intense acne, and it fucking works. It cleared me for 2 years, but my acne came back. It™s too harsh to take long term and there are negative side effects. The fermented oil is a tiny bit and safe amount u can take every day and it™s natural and pure. I have read online about it being œrancid. I don™t believe it. I asked the company when I called they said it™s safe and fine. Many women take it pregnant and give to children. The benefits of it are just too good for me to believe it™s negative. I™m so happy inside and out. My skin obviously needs more vitamin a than the average person. Maybe people with acne are vitamin a deficient, who knows. But I do know this oil is a miracle for my skin. 

I am so frickn happy! Putting on makeup is so easy now I™m ecstatic! No makeup on in either pic. In my after pic you will see I still have scars to fix but no inflamed red bumps! I™m starting all my scar treatments & CO2 laser in 17 days I cannot wait! This shit is a GODSEND!! I just hope my story can help someone else who is going through the same thing! TRY IT 

E7EF0365-E903-48E7-9AB1-11016BE530F0.jpeg

762206F9-5B2B-4C2D-ACB1-98791E6EF310.jpeg

Thanks for the advice. Most people don't come back and post updates after they find a cure. I may have to try this. I was also on accutane and not sure if my hormones are messed up by it. Only problem is I am guy. Hopefully it works though!

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 01/29/2019 2:32 am

On 1/27/2019 at 8:16 PM, JO1N said:

Thanks for the advice. Most people don't come back and post updates after they find a cure. I may have to try this. I was also on accutane and not sure if my hormones are messed up by it. Only problem is I am guy. Hopefully it works though!

I also take a supplement called DHT block, I take 4 a day. It blocks my extra high androgens which contribute to my acne. So I™m also hormone balancing. I think the 2 in conjunction with each other has really cleared me. But yes it™s differernt for you because your a man and I™m not sure how men™s hormones affect acne. Can you have too high testosterone (like women have) that causes acne? I™m not sure...

But it™s def worth a try u might need more than me bc your a guy, also maybe look into what kind of hormone balancing u can do as a guy! But I don™t think accutane messes with hormones, just the oil production and vitamin a is really good for skin. Accutane is a miracle I wish it didn™t have bad effects :( good luck! 

MemberMember
(@jenna34)

Posted : 03/24/2019 5:47 am

Thank you! I am going to try this out. I have cut out dairy, gluten, red meat and refined sugar and am on 150mg Spiro. My acne has improved but I'm still getting cysts on my chin. I have researched a lot about hormones and I think I am test. dominant so I will try both of those things. I've learned from this website that some people blame acid in their diet to acne...that's my only concern! But obviously, I am willing to give anything a try because I am 34, been dealing with this my entire life and am desperate for a change...I will be photographed a lot tonight and I've got a HUGE cyst on my chin...I'm depressed about it instead of excited for the event!

Thanks for your support on this website...a million times more helpful than any dermatologist I've seen!

-J

On another note; I see that many DHT blocking supplements promote hair growth...I am already so hairy and have a thick mane!! Maybe that's not for me?

MemberMember
(@jenna34)

Posted : 03/24/2019 6:05 am

IMG_6552.jpg

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 03/25/2019 12:58 am

Hey girl so it turns out none of this stuff has worked for me and I am starting accutane round 2 slash 3 again. These things helped, but I was never fully clear for longer than a couple weeks. but 2 weeks agofor my 30th birthday I had a massive breakout out of no where multiple cysts on bth sides of my chin/mouth and they have continued to come. Nothing in my routine has changed. So fuckingover this I cant live this way. Resorting to accutane again.Happy birthday to me.

Girl I feel u I am constantly depressed and self conscious of my skin instead of enjoying my life, I dont want to date or be social. Mine is worse than yours but instead of the middle of my chin like yours, its to the left and right. Bigred inflamed multiple. And I have pits and scars. Honestly, nothing has worked for me, Im so over obsessing about my diet and not being able to enjoy food. Do you know how much I miss eating a slice ofhot pizza? Or eggs Benedict?? Its fuckng bullshit. And I still break out while my friends with perfect skin eat whatever they please. Accutane is the only thing that has ever worked for me I had solid clarity for 2 years. I want my life back. Fuck birth control. Fuck spiro. Fuck dieting & all this natural crap. Im taking the drugs. Something is wrong with my body and face and I need the medical grade shit. Good luck at your event.

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 04/02/2019 8:46 pm

Hi, sorry this didn't end up working for you. It made me sad reading your story as I can relate. I too spent many hours online in desperation looking for a cure. There were so many times I thought I'd found the answer but it's never really worked out.

I also remember my 30th birthday. I was already depressed that I was getting older but also because my acne was at its worst around these years. I walked into work and discovered in horror that my boss had decorated my desk with birthday decorations (which was very nice of her). Though I had everyone looking at me under the bright lights of the office, with a face full of large, red, angry lumps. I wanted to just crawl into a hole.

I have been talking fermented cod liver oil for about 2 months now. I was still getting acne for the first month or so while taking it. Now my face has cleared up but that might be because of my skincare regimen, or maybe because acne just comes and goes. It's hard to say. I'm in a situation where I'm using a lot topical treatments and supplements, some of which might work and some might not help at all, but I'm too scared to stop using any of the products in case it was helping and I get a bad break out.

Were you using any topical treatments when you thought cod liver oil was working?

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 04/08/2019 12:02 am

No I wasnt using any topical. I just tried using aczone for 3 weeks nothing happened. Ive never been a big fan of topicals. Honestly Im not sure why my skin cleared up for 2 months and now looks like shit again with nothing changing. Either my hormones are just too fucked up and I cannot balance them no matter what natural supplements I take or my skin is just too sensitive &I have a problem with my sebaceous glands. I dont know why my hormones would be so fucked up. I am a healthy women. I get a normal period every month, I exercise, great diet, I dont have a bunch of facial or body hair. I just dont know why mine would be so fucked up that I am having this problem, I did test them and I have very high androgens. So I was taking 4 DHT block pills a day to bring my androgens down. But that regime didnt work long term either. So I dont really know what to say except my sebaceous glands do not work right. Accutane is the only thing that really works for people. I have to go back on. Other option is to find a daily birth control that will lower my androgens, but even with that shitits just a guessing game until u find the right one and then what happens when I want to get pregnant in a couple years? I can foresee my face going nuts. Im just not into the daily hormone shit.

MemberMember
(@jaz31)

Posted : 04/17/2019 9:15 am

It didn't work out for me,but I am acne free now since I'e stopped using any oils on my hair,literally everything had oil in it,so now I just wash my hair with head and shoulders and use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner and so far haven't had any cystic acne.I also realised that food had no relation at all to my acne,cos I eat what I want want now,although cutting out sugar is the best you can do for your skin. I still use Differin once a week and wash with Ce rave hydrating cleanser.

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 04/18/2019 2:23 pm

Congratulations for clearing your acne!!!! I also read about cod liver oil, but I was a bit scared of taking it because of the high amount of vitamin a. I already take a multivitamin that contains vitamin a and I didn't want to overdose. You are completely right about the birth control pills. It only hide your symptoms but when you stop taking it, your symptoms will come back even worst. Still, all the doctors prescribe it for acne issues, it's so sad...

Another thing I read about cod liver oil is that it is really high in omega 3 and this can decrease your androgens as well.