Notifications
Clear all

Advice on treatment plan please (photos inside)

MemberMember
(@mtnr)

Posted : 12/26/2018 1:46 pm

Hello everyone, 

I've recently been to a dermatologist for a consultation on how to treat acne scars. I'm 35 in case this makes a difference. 

She suggested a treatment involving subcision, a full face TCA peeling, dermasanding and injection of hyaluronic acid. 

There are two things I'm concerned about: 

a) She suggested only one round of subcision. Most people seem to require more than one of these treatments. 

b) I'm very concerned about the TCA peeling. Most stories I've followed involved a lot of discoloration and healing time of up to six months. Kind of the same with dermabrasion.

What do you think? Would one round of subcision and hyaluronic filler do any good here? And if so, what kind of healing time am I looking at before I can return to work? 

Let me know if more or different photos are required, please. Thanks a lot to anyone who can spare advice.  

R3.jpg

R2.jpg

R1.jpg

L3.jpg

L2.jpg

L1.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/27/2018 10:33 am

@mtnrHi there. You have rolling scars, some box cars, perhaps some ice picks. Definite fat deficiency.

Ok good"She suggested a treatment involving subcision, a full face TCA peeling, dermasanding and injection of hyaluronic acid."

Do not do all that at once.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

mtnr liked
MemberMember
(@mtnr)

Posted : 12/28/2018 4:57 am

Thank youbeautifulambition,

I was also thinking that doing everything at once seems little much, despite my dermatologist's advice to the contrary. Seeing someone famous might be a little difficult in my case as I am not in the US or Australia.

I will have to look into what a vascular laser does, that's a term I haven't come across yet.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/28/2018 1:18 pm

I don't know what your country is, ... but if it's Europe there is Chu - UK and Emil is in Denmark.

Vascular laser = redness, PIE, PIH discoloration, hyperpigmentation treatment ... making the skin the same color.

mtnr liked
MemberMember
(@mtnr)

Posted : 01/02/2019 5:33 pm

Thanks beautifulambition, that was very informative.

How do I know when subcision has done all it will do and I should move on to RF needling?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:41 pm

@mtnrFigure on 4 sessions, some do more if they need top ups in filler in the future. Your waiting at least 3 months between sessions. You can rotate the rf needling between these treatments. We just need 3 months between to heal. Many Drs rush treatments, every week, or every month. The body just does not heal like this. I would for sure get some over dilute sculptra for you injected throughout the cheek after some subcision, ... 1-2 vials. You can do another one in 3 months, or wait till after your first rf needling.

mtnr liked
MemberMember
(@mtnr)

Posted : 01/03/2019 1:31 pm

So the schedule would be subcision with Sculptra, three months later RF needling, then repeat after another three months?

Thanks again for the advice, it's much appreciated. Do you have a recommendation for which "differin/retin-a/tretinorin" and "kojic acid and licorice" products I should use? Or are these only required once TCA peels begin?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/03/2019 1:55 pm

@mtnrYes 3 months apart per DR's treatments, the body is very slow to heal. We want you to develop collagen and not overtreat.

Differin... those are all the same thing and separate products, sold over the counter in the USA Differin or try Ebay. Any Kojic and licorice cream look at the reviews on Amazon, if you can't find one try the Google Images search with those. Start at the beginning now, nightly we want cell turnover.

Sunscreen!

mtnr liked
MemberMember
(@mtnr)

Posted : 01/03/2019 2:00 pm

Thanks again. Got two more dermatologist appointments coming up in January, then I will decide where to get subcision done.

I'll be back with updates and possibly photos after treatment.