Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SalientTrap

Accutane initial breakout

I have a dermatologist appointment on the 2nd of jan next month, and i should be prescribed accutane then.

ive been on doxycycline and was also on epiduo for 2 months (but it was too harsh for my skin) at October time. I have mild acne right now with a lot of scarring (literally everything leaves a scar). 

Im gonna be on doxy till i start accutane, so what are the chances of me having an initial breakout? Is there anything i can do to minimise it?

Good luck with this! A doctor is going to want to give my teen accutane. My wife is against it and I have second thought about it as well. But the dermatologist said she's seen it cure acne so I have mixed feelings.  What do you mean by doxy?

3 minutes ago, HopeNew said:

Good luck with this! A doctor is going to want to give my teen accutane. My wife is against it and I have second thought about it as well. But the dermatologist said she's seen it cure acne so I have mixed feelings.  What do you mean by doxy?

Doxycycline.

I sort of have mixed feelings as well, im gonna try talk the dermatologist into starting off with a low dose- less side effects perhaps?

good luck to you guys too!

1 hour ago, SalientTrap said:

Doxycycline.

I sort of have mixed feelings as well, im gonna try talk the dermatologist into starting off with a low dose- less side effects perhaps?

good luck to you guys too!

Thank you. I wish you the best.  Keep me posted how you are doing.