Notifications
Clear all

Classifying my acne scars (Angular Lighting included)

MemberMember
(@dew-bob)

Posted : 12/25/2018 8:02 am

Hey guys,

Attached below are pictures of both my cheeks under both regular and angular lighting. Could you please have a look at the pictures and tell me how they would be classified based on type (atrophic, hypertrophic, rolling, boxcar?) and severity (mild, moderate, severe?). Also, could you please advise me the best course of action to take regarding improving these scars like subcision, fillers, TCA, lasers, etc? I'm a 19 year old male of Asian Indian descent and have recently got my acne under control and use differin gel every night while taking doxycycline tablets daily. I also dermaroll once per week using a 0.5 mm dermaroller and apply collagen cream every day after I wash my face.

Left Cheek Angular.JPG

Left Cheek Regular.JPG

Right Cheek Angular.JPG

Right Cheek Regular.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/26/2018 8:54 am

@Dew BobScars are extremely mild. Some rolling scars, perhaps a few icepicks. Your 19 and will improve some on your own.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.