Notifications
Clear all

Big difference from microneedling treatments...

MemberMember
(@damagedskin)

Posted : 12/22/2018 11:57 pm

This is not me. But I follow this IG account and have seen photos that show a huge transformation after 4 microneedling sessions. 

36DED162-29B1-45E6-AE9F-9F14E022FF35.jpeg

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 12/23/2018 2:32 am

It does look nice but there is a lighting difference and she seems to be wearing makeup in the 2nd photo.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/23/2018 12:44 pm

The scars are clearly the same and still there. Maybe 5% difference and some photo softening or lighting changes going on. The change is the PIE or redness, which is wounding post acne is gone from vascular laser, peels, etc.. , making the skin color match. Microneedling give a tiny bit ofimprovement, and must be done with peels for at home usage. I don't understand why people pay Drs hundreds for this procedure when you can buy a Derminator and do it at home or a manual stamp. Go for Rf needling if you get a procedure.

MemberMember
(@damagedskin)

Posted : 12/23/2018 2:19 pm

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

The scars are clearly the same and still there. Maybe 5% difference and some photo softening or lighting changes going on. The change is the PIE or redness, which is wounding post acne is gone from vascular laser, peels, etc.. , making the skin color match. Microneedling give a tiny bit ofimprovement, and must be done with peels for at home usage. I don't understand why people pay Drs hundreds for this procedure when you can buy a Derminator and do it at home or a manual stamp. Go for Rf needling if you get a procedure.

So whats the main purpose of microneedling (the kind that you do at home)? What will it achieve?

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/23/2018 3:20 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I don't understand why people pay Drs hundreds for this procedure when you can buy a Derminator and do it at home or a manual stamp.

Some doctors say there's a benefit to combining microneedling right after subcision. Something about vertical and horizantal. Is that B.S?

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 12/23/2018 6:28 pm

4 hours ago, DamagedSkin said:

So whats the main purpose of microneedling (the kind that you do at home)? What will it achieve?

For me, micro-needling helps with surface scars and maybe blend in edges of boxscars. Moderate/severe tethered scarring, it basically does squat.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/26/2018 7:41 am

@DamagedSkin@Skyblue2073Stimulate Collagen production if used in conjunction with acid peels. For minor scars it's also helpful. Perfect for a DIY at home treatment. Penetration of actives. IF you need the big guns you goto a Dr and pay for it. In between Dr's treatments you can also do these. Why pay hundreds for this to a Dr, this is what I don't understand if you can do it at home - DIY. The one warning I give is if you heal poorly, you can make scratches and more scars if you over microneedle sensitive skin. These are the ones who come and complain their skin is worse. often using deep lengths and going at it hard.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 12/26/2018 7:13 pm

11 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@DamagedSkin@Skyblue2073Stimulate Collagen production if used in conjunction with acid peels. For minor scars it's also helpful. Perfect for a DIY at home treatment. Penetration of actives. IF you need the big guns you goto a Dr and pay for it. In between Dr's treatments you can also do these. Why pay hundreds for this to a Dr, this is what I don't understand if you can do it at home - DIY. The one warning I give is if you heal poorly, you can make scratches and more scars if you over microneedle sensitive skin. These are the ones who come and complain their skin is worse. often using deep lengths and going at it hard.

Unfortunately, most of us heal poorly. We wouldn't be microneedling otherwise. I limit microneedling to areas with existing scars as a precaution.

You are spot on re: over microneedling. Many push too hard or use risky lengths. Anything above 0.75-1.25 mm seems risky for DIY microneedling. I'm personally unwilling to go above 1 mm.