Notifications
Clear all

My scars

MemberMember
(@endi123)

Posted : 12/22/2018 4:46 am

Dear community,

I want to do something about my scars. There are mostly on my cheeks, in particular my left one. They are one year old. My dermatologist suggested me 4 rounds of mixto laser. I already had one session of mixto. Later i found out about that site and that you dont like lasers. Could you evaluate whether to continue with laser treatments or to do something different. Also I would be very happy when you could rate my scars.

Merry Christmas to this community !

IMG_6132.JPG

IMG_6133(1).JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

IMG_6158.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/22/2018 9:42 am

FYI, I am no professional. Beautiful ambition will be of greater assistance, though I think my 2 cents could be useful until he can reply to you, he is very busy.

You still have active acne, you need to get that under control before treating the scarring. You can try Tretinoin (Retin-A) or benzoyl peroxide. Most importantly you need a good skin care routine to try and control the acne, and it can also help scarring by increase skin turnover.

I would consider your scars mild-moderate.

Manual methods are betters than lasers, especially for your scarring.

Once that is under control, you can then treat the scarring.

You haveboxcarandice pickscars. These respond very well to treatments such as TCA Cross, and RF Microneedling.

I would recommend:

• Tretinoin (Topical Vitamin A) - For the redness (PIH) , control active acne, improves appearance of scars over time.
  • TCA Cross - For the ice pick and boxcar scarring you have. This will require multiple sessions, at least 5 I would say
  • RF microneedling (if needed, 4-5 sessions needed)
  • TCA Peel (if needed)

Ice pick and boxcar scars respond very well to these treatments so I would expect very pleasing results. Good luck!

But please wait until BA replies until you make any moves, I am not nearly as knowledgeable as him to say the least.

MemberMember
(@endi123)

Posted : 12/22/2018 11:35 am

Thank you very much. I dont have much money and I have to pay all myself :( . I myself have to cry when I see myself in a mirror with lightning so I suffer very much. My parents and my brother dont understand me and think that I am crazy.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/22/2018 12:06 pm

@endi123Hi there. This site is not against lasers. We are against Dr's who blast anyone who comes into their office with a laser and calls it a solution for acne scars. You always do the manual methods first before considering energydevices. When they make a road, do they just put the pavement down, ... no, they fill the pot holes and fill any of the areas that need it. The body is exceptionally slow to heal. The top 1% of acne practitioners would use manual methods on your first. A inexperienced acne scar dr just uses a laser. Then you come to me when you spent thousands and ask why things are not working.

Rate your scars, mild, ... they are textural and at a conversation distance not that big of a issue. The biggest item is the red active lesions and PIE or redness. If you got rid of this with a vascular laser it could take care of a majority of your issue, you can try this first if you wish, vascular laser is not for scars but pigment.

Laser does nothing for icepicks. You have icepicks, boxcars, I still see active acne in the pictures. The acne must be taken care of before any treatment is done or the bacteria could spread.

Ok you want a plan.

You need 3 sessions of subcision. Because of your type of scars you need cannular subcision. From the pic above I don't think filler would work as you have a textural issue. You can use Chinese cupping(Amazon) after you subcision to prevent re-tethering or prp.

TCA Cross, you need several sessions of this, lots of icepicks. this will help raise the icepicks. Some do punch floats for the icepicks and boxcars if they are not responsive but you must find a good dr as this can be a mess otherwise, as it's surgery (they must do several of these a month plastic surgeon or derm). Start with the TCA cross route, then consider punch floats after your laser if not effective.

RF needling I would do as you have boxcars, but you can also do fractional erbium or co2 once you lift the scar mores. Angled co2 works better than just stamping Mixto all over your scars, but few Drs know how to do this.

Several tca peels for texture once you raise the scars or a session of a laser erbium peel for the texture is done at the end.

You can use something for your PIE or red - discoloration like a vascular laser.

This all depends on how you heal, that is the variable. Allow 3 months between all treatments. Use a retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly and a cream with kojic acid and licorice. This will cause cell turnover and prevent hyperpigmentation. The Differin might help with your acne. Wear sunscreen, Everything is optional, treat as you have time and money, many treat over 3 years. Your goal is to goto a Dr who can provide subcision, take a list in the faq at the top of the scar solutions sub, dr recommendations are at the bottom of the post.

MemberMember
(@endi123)

Posted : 12/22/2018 12:14 pm

9 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@endi123Hi there. This site is not against lasers. We are against Dr's who blast anyone who comes into their office with a laser and calls it a solution for acne scars. You always do the manual methods first before considering energydevices. When they make a road, do they just put the pavement down, ... no, they fill the pot holes and fill any of the areas that need it. The body is exceptionally slow to heal. The top 1% of acne practitioners would use manual methods on your first. A inexperienced acne scar dr just uses a laser. Then you come to me when you spent thousands and ask why things are not working.

Laser does nothing for icepicks. You have icepicks, boxcars, I still see active acne in the pictures. The acne must be taken care of before any treatment is done or the bacteria could spread.

Ok you want a plan.

You need 3 sessions of subcision. Because of your type of scars you need cannular subcision. From the pic above I don't think filler would work as you have a textural issue. You can use Chinese cupping(Amazon) after you subcision to prevent re-tethering or prp.

TCA Cross, you need several sessions of this, lots of icepicks. this will help raise the icepicks. Some do punch floats for the icepicks and boxcars if they are not responsive but you must find a good dr as this can be a mess otherwise, as it's surgery (they must do several of these a month plastic surgeon or derm). Start with the TCA cross route, then consider punch floats after your laser if not effective.

RF needling I would do as you have boxcars, but you can also do fractional erbium or co2 once you lift the scar mores. Angled co2 works better than just stamping Mixto all over your scars, but few Drs know how to do this.

Several tca peels for texture once you raise the scars or a session of a laser erbium peel for the texture is done at the end.

You can use something for your PIE or red - discoloration like a vascular laser.

This all depends on how you heal, that is the variable. Allow 3 months between all treatments. Use a retin-a/tretinorin/differin nightly and a cream with kojic acid and licorice. This will cause cell turnover and prevent hyperpigmentation. The Differin might help with your acne. Wear sunscreen, Everything is optional, treat as you have time and money, many treat over 3 years. Your goal is to goto a Dr who can provide subcision, take a list in the faq at the top of the scar solutions sub, dr recommendations are at the bottom of the post.

Thank you very much ! I couldnt be more grateful. I paid 220 or 250 $.