Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunners18

Can You Get a Nose Piercing on Accutane?

Currently on 20mg of Accutane (3weeks in) and going on to 30mg in the next fortnight. And staying on that for about a month. 

Was wondering if it is a good idea to get my nose pierced, or if I should just leave it for when I am off of Accutane

Edited by Gunners18

it is recommended not to as the skin thins and it can cause slow wound healing. It is recommended for things like tattoos, laser, piercing etc... about 4-6 months after your course is over. Good Luck 

Safest answer is no. Now, if it's a small gauge, and it's on the side of the nose, maybe you could get away with it with proper care. I definitely wouldn't try getting a septum done while on accutane though. Septum healing is a bitch, and I would assume it would be even tougher to heal while on accutane.

This being said, if you show up to your derm with a newly done piercing, he/she surely won't like it. I was gonna ask mine if it would be okay to get a new tattoo on my arm, but I've just started to see some peeling on my hands and arms this week (I'm on week 6)... So yeah, I think I know what her answer would be.