Notifications
Clear all

First timer

MemberMember
(@emmad)

Posted : 12/20/2018 10:17 pm

Im 22 and have suffered from mild/moderate acne for 13 years. The last year Ive been getting cysts so I finally went to the derm and she prescribed 10mg daily of roaccutane! Im beyond excited to start but also freaking out about the IB! I have a few pimples on my chin atm and Im scared my face will become covered..

will 10mg even do anything?! Please help a sis out xo

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 12/21/2018 4:11 pm

Hey,

10mg is as low a daily dose as you can get prescribed. I started with 40mg daily, having mild acne myself and only a couple pimples by the time I took my first pill, and through the first month I had like maybe 4 or 5 pimples that separately appeared during the first two weeks, then nothing for the other two, so no IB so far (some people go through their worst stage way past month 1, so still knocking on wood). I believe the chances of getting more pimples during the first weeks on 10mg a day are increased because you're introducing the drug into your body at a very slow rate, so it'll take longer to have a proper effect. However, you won't suffer as much from the side effects, which is also nice.