Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone Success

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 12/18/2018 11:22 am

I started Yasmin a few months ago, and to be honest my skin has not improved much. It has definitely been better since the initial breakout, but I am still breaking out weekly. 5 packs in, and I woke up with a cyst on the side of my nose this morning.

My doctor suggest that I try spironolactone. I am absolutely terrified of the initial break out, and scared that it may not work- especially considering Yasmin did not do much.

If you have any advice/ experience...I need some comforting!

MemberMember
(@ijustwannalookhealthy)

Posted : 12/19/2018 9:12 pm

Ive been on spironolactone for about 8 years. I dont remember there being much of an initial breakout. I went off of spiro for a few months to give my body a break and slowly my skin started to get bad within two or three months. Then I started it back up and within a month or so I started noticing a huge difference again.

Spiro is the only thing that really has kept my skin looking good. I get oily without it and it definitely keeps everything under control.

I wouldnt worry if the Yasmin didnt help much. Ive taken several different BC pills over the years and none of them helped my skin until I started taking the spiro with it.