Notifications
Clear all

Depressed and sad, wondering if my face will improve. Probably the worse acne scars you'll ever see.

MemberMember
(@themadtitannamedthanos)

Posted : 12/17/2018 10:26 pm

So long story short, I've had very severe acne scars back in high school and I took accutane and it made it worse so after few months, the severe cystic acne went away and it left with these scars on my face. 

I feel like I have the worst acne scars on the world. I dont even know if my face will get better. I don't know what treatments are better for my face. I'm not sure what type of acne scars I have. I feel like just ending it all because I am the only with this face all filled with acne scars. Every time I go out I dont see anybody with scars worse than me and it just makes me even feel more depressed.

I am willing to pay for any treatments. Can someone help me what treatments to get and what type of scars do I have? I just want my face to be a little bit better. I am not looking for perfection but just improvement because i am very sad with how my skin looks.

IMG_20181217_221537_196.jpg

IMG_20181217_221326_409.jpg

IMG_20181217_221246_032.jpg

IMG_20181217_221516_088.jpg

IMG_20181217_221451_653.jpg

IMG_20181217_221349_855.jpg

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 12/18/2018 2:51 am

Mate, these are definitely not the worst scars in the world. 
I see these kind of scars every day on the train and i never think the people who suffer from it are ''ugly'', you are good looking ;)
We have a tendency to beat ourselves up and see our flaws worse than they really are. 
Im sure beautifulambition will give you a good plan, but in the meantime you can write what kind of treatments have you already had, what kind of topicals have you used/using etc :)

Toni94 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/18/2018 3:42 am

^ I agree with him 100%. Your scars IMO are very minor and textural. They blend into your face very well. I bet at a normal talking distance they are hardly noticeable. Don't be too hard on yourself.

MemberMember
(@lisha99)

Posted : 12/18/2018 4:39 am

Try dermarolling!

Eric98 and liked
MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 12/18/2018 10:04 am

6 hours ago, FromScarredtoFree said:

^ I agree with him 100%. Your scars IMO are very minor and textural. They blend into your face very well. I bet at a normal talking distance they are hardly noticeable. Don't be too hard on yourself.

one thing i always wondered what this word textural scar means

a scar with normal skin texture but depressed in skin(happens in rolling scars case)

or a scar which is depressed and have diff texture than normal skin(happens in deep acne scars and injury scars)

can u pls clarify it

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/18/2018 10:48 am

@TheMadTitanNamedThanosYour scarring is not the worse I have seen and I help complicated cases daily. That being said the biggest thing I see when I look at your pics is red PIE - this is wounding post acne. The skin color does not match drawing attention to everything else. That is the main thing I would treat.

You say you have money / are willing to pay for treatment, fly to Dr Lim then 😉

You have textural acne scarring with mainly box cars, a few rolling scars, perhaps some ice picks. There is no deep fat loss with your scarring.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/07/2019 12:47 am

You are so cute , please don't do anything harsh to your skin. Stay away from lasers and stay away from peels and harsh chemicals. If I had scars like yours , I wouldn't even be worried. If you're going to do anything , maybe consider a filler for the ones that bug you most. I'm telling you and being honest , you are good looking!

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 01/07/2019 12:54 am

hardly see anything you have no scars mate

MemberMember
(@oliva-nancy23gmail-com)

Posted : 05/30/2022 11:35 pm

We're almost the same actually.I also feel depressed and insecurities on myself.